Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 4,024)

Showing posts 80,461 - 80,480 of96,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81537
Mar 1, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Tonight: Happy hour with girlfriends. Then hopefully picking up my computer from Nick's. Errand running (groceries, etc.).
Saturday: Hopefully making up for a whole week of no gaming.
Saturday night: Date night, I got us tickets to see Amy Schumer (comedian, she was in the CHarlie Sheen roast) at a neat old theatre.
Sunday: More gaming. Hopefully with some cooking/baking thrown in.
At the risk of sounding too mom-like, don't overdo it on the gaming. It cannot be good for the carpal tunnel.

I woke up this morning and thought of you because my left wrist hurt so bad that I couldn't really use that hand. I realized that I also sleep with my hands all tucked up at weird angles under my head or pillow. I have some skateboarding wrist guards that I'm thinking about wearing now while I sleep. So sexy.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81538
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Sublime1 wrote:
Everyone,^^^^ this is Ricky. He's a nice poster.
I would like everyone to take turns introducing themselves to Ricky and maybe say something interesting about yourself.
Who wants to go first (this could be funny)?
BTW, I have name tags too.
Hey, Ricky. I'm Toj. I'm the new kid on the block.

Are you handsome?

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81539
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. Maybe someday they will all put on their big boy pants and stop this sequestration...but I'm not counting on it.
All the sequestration means is the government will only spend 2.4 trillion over the next ten years instead of 2.5 trillion.

(And for those of you uninformed, the spending cuts aren't technically "cuts." It's just a decrease in spending increases. Understand?)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81540
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

edogxxx wrote:
I'm edog and I can bring a woman to orgasm using only my pinky toe
Do you use your pinky toe b/c it's bigger than Mr. Winkie?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81541
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Do it. I'm ready to laugh.
I would love to, but I really have to get some instructions to folks over in Japan today. It's a very important matter. I have a meeting at 1. So, my topix time is done until I'm finished.

You guys run with it and make me laugh when I get back.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81542
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I'm RACE and I am the most interesting man in the world!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81543
Mar 1, 2013
 
Hi, RIcky. Angela here. Nice to meet you. HOpe you enjoy us and stick around.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81544
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
All the sequestration means is the government will only spend 2.4 trillion over the next ten years instead of 2.5 trillion.
(And for those of you uninformed, the spending cuts aren't technically "cuts." It's just a decrease in spending increases. Understand?)
Speaking of being uninformed, you seem to top the charts.

The sequestration means they are going to cut our pay. It means across the board cuts to certain departments because the politicians won't come up with a budget, and this was the moronic deal they made a year and a half ago, everyone believing the other side would make concessions before it came to this. Reducing my pay by 20%- that's one day's pay out of five, since I doubt your ability to do such complicated math - is in fact, a cut. That is not a "decrease in increases". We haven't had cost of living increases in years, so there is no increase there to decrease. But hey, why waste time telling you, right? You would obviously know far more about it than I do.

I don't get involved with the endless back-and-forth babbling that many of you thrive on here, and this will be my last post on the subject. So feel free to come back with whatever ignorant comments you wish about how this doesn't really affect anyone or your irrelevant opinion on how much anyone should be earning. I won't be responding. I'll be busy talking to my people who are barely making it paycheck-to-paycheck right now, about how to continue making their mortgage payments if the politicians don't fix it.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81545
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hi-
My name is PEllen . Close your eyes and think of Jessica Rabbit... plus about 40 years. That's me.

I make bad puns and jokes and am often after people to play nice.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81546
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of being uninformed, you seem to top the charts.
The sequestration means they are going to cut our pay. It means across the board cuts to certain departments because the politicians won't come up with a budget, and this was the moronic deal they made a year and a half ago, everyone believing the other side would make concessions before it came to this. Reducing my pay by 20%- that's one day's pay out of five, since I doubt your ability to do such complicated math - is in fact, a cut. That is not a "decrease in increases". We haven't had cost of living increases in years, so there is no increase there to decrease. But hey, why waste time telling you, right? You would obviously know far more about it than I do.
I don't get involved with the endless back-and-forth babbling that many of you thrive on here, and this will be my last post on the subject. So feel free to come back with whatever ignorant comments you wish about how this doesn't really affect anyone or your irrelevant opinion on how much anyone should be earning. I won't be responding. I'll be busy talking to my people who are barely making it paycheck-to-paycheck right now, about how to continue making their mortgage payments if the politicians don't fix it.
Your pay is not being "cut!" So you have to take a one day a week furlogh for a couple months. BOO FRIGGIN HOO! Welcome to the rest of the working people! I'm laid off one WEEK of every month. Overtime has vanished. AND MY TAXES INCREASED! I WISH I was only taking a 20% pay cut. I'm taking what amounts close to a 40-45% paycut. We all have to make do with pay cuts and having less money, but the government refuses to do so. You people voted for this. You people wanted this. Go cry me a freakin river.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81547
Mar 1, 2013
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pay is not being "cut!" So you have to take a one day a week furlogh for a couple months. BOO FRIGGIN HOO! Welcome to the rest of the working people! I'm laid off one WEEK of every month. Overtime has vanished. AND MY TAXES INCREASED! I WISH I was only taking a 20% pay cut. I'm taking what amounts close to a 40-45% paycut. We all have to make do with pay cuts and having less money, but the government refuses to do so. You people voted for this. You people wanted this. Go cry me a freakin river.
I don't think she said she would get a day off with no pay. A pay cut is working the same number of days for less pay. A furlough is taking time off without pay. You voted for "this" also. Deal.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81548
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

so, hubby just took one for the team and talked to his mom about the arrangements for tomorrow... among random topics over an hour, he had to tell her taht no, i was on a call on ANOTHER phone, not htis one (OY!!), and listen to her rant and rave about not being invited to her grandson-in-law's 30 b-day party (get over it,no family was invited!)... and, yet again, she's sworn off ever talking to my SIL/her daughter; this time b/c MIL sent an email to her meant for hubby and put in there "and of course, don't tell SIL." Sorry, this one is squarely MIL's fault. they soooo badly need family counseling, but MIL won't do it b/c she doesnt seem to think that she's done, said or at fault for anything.(they try swearing off communicating with each other every few years, and yet someone keeps calling the ohter and the other keeps answering the GD phone.)

Can't wait for MIL to start digging aobut hte estate. that will be interesting.

On the upshot, even though tomorrow's my mom's birthday, she's telling everyone that my gramma's last gift to her was having all her family together again. It will probably be the last time all of us cousins & our aunts will be tother in one place.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81549
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Aisle Sitter wrote:
so, hubby just took one for the team and talked to his mom about the arrangements for tomorrow... among random topics over an hour, he had to tell her taht no, i was on a call on ANOTHER phone, not htis one (OY!!), and listen to her rant and rave about not being invited to her grandson-in-law's 30 b-day party (get over it,no family was invited!)... and, yet again, she's sworn off ever talking to my SIL/her daughter; this time b/c MIL sent an email to her meant for hubby and put in there "and of course, don't tell SIL." Sorry, this one is squarely MIL's fault. they soooo badly need family counseling, but MIL won't do it b/c she doesnt seem to think that she's done, said or at fault for anything.(they try swearing off communicating with each other every few years, and yet someone keeps calling the ohter and the other keeps answering the GD phone.)
Can't wait for MIL to start digging aobut hte estate. that will be interesting.
On the upshot, even though tomorrow's my mom's birthday, she's telling everyone that my gramma's last gift to her was having all her family together again. It will probably be the last time all of us cousins & our aunts will be tother in one place.
Your mother in law will start digging about your grandmother's estate?They aren't related are they?

Even for her that crosses an awful lot of boundaries.

Will your MIL be at your grandmother's funeral/wake/lunch?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81550
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Wait, so grandma is mad that 30yo grandson is having a birthday party and she's not invited? She doesn't get that it's for friends and most likely drinking? And not wanting your grandma there?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81551
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Geez, Sub. What are we, some kind of AA meeting?

I'm squishymama and I'm a topix addict.

And my name pretty much says it all.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81552
Mar 1, 2013
 
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she said she would get a day off with no pay. A pay cut is working the same number of days for less pay. A furlough is taking time off without pay. You voted for "this" also. Deal.


Number one, I did not vote for this, my guy didn't win. I tried warning you people, but no one wants to listen. So now you all get to sleep in the bed you made. And I have to sleep in the bed you made.

Number two, she is not taking a 20% pay cut, her base pay remains the same, she's just working 20% less hours.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81553
Mar 1, 2013
 
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think she said she would get a day off with no pay. A pay cut is working the same number of days for less pay. A furlough is taking time off without pay. You voted for "this" also. Deal.
Same difference. Each week you get 20% less money to live on. With a furlough you also get the day off.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81554
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hi Ricky! Most of the regs call me Jamwow (not to be confused with Snooki's BFF, Jwoww). I recently got out of a very long relationship, so I ramble sadly a lot lately. Also, I have friends with drama so I vent about that a lot too. But I'm actually really awesome... I promise.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81555
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hee,hee. It is starting to sound like an AA meeting. Not that I'd know what those meetings sound like.

I forgot to confess my sins.

I've become a Topix junkie.

Okay. I said it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81556
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Remember when the internet was new and in every "chat" room there'd be a round of "asl?"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,461 - 80,480 of96,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••