Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
"My husband and I were married last May 11. My new brother-in-law is now engaged, and we are thrilled, although we do not know his fiancée very well. They have picked dates for both their engagement party and their wedding: May 11 this year and next year."
WEll, that's dumb. Because if you got married on May 11, 2012, on a Saturday, then their engagement party will be May 11, 2013, on a Sunday, and their wedding will be on May 11, 2014, on a MOnday. Who freakin' does THAT?
Check the calendar. LW got married on a FRIDAY. So BIL is having engagement party on saturday and wedding the following year on Sunday.

This makes me think of a Gnarls Barkley lyric from Crazy

"Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are,
Ha ha ha bless your soul
You really think you're in control"

I feel like saying to her

"Ha ha ha bless your soul
You really think anyone gives a rat's ass when your wedding date was?"

Its like LW thinks that moving forward, this day is going to be a date that is celebrated by others and is upset that she will have to share that weekend with BIL. Bless her soul. Ain't that cute.
Pretty soon, she'll realize that her anniversary will be recognized by others with a greeting card or not at all.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Check the calendar. LW got married on a FRIDAY. So BIL is having engagement party on saturday and wedding the following year on Sunday.
This makes me think of a Gnarls Barkley lyric from Crazy
"Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are,
Ha ha ha bless your soul
You really think you're in control"
I feel like saying to her
"Ha ha ha bless your soul
You really think anyone gives a rat's ass when your wedding date was?"
Its like LW thinks that moving forward, this day is going to be a date that is celebrated by others and is upset that she will have to share that weekend with BIL. Bless her soul. Ain't that cute.
Pretty soon, she'll realize that her anniversary will be recognized by others with a greeting card or not at all.
Doh! I was looking at May 11, 2013 on my outlook calendar!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Wow. What a group of letters. What is that chick THINKING about her brother? She's worried he's going to lose his kids? Maybe she shold be glad.

That whole date/wedding thing is weird. But I agree with Prudie -- no one ever really remembers someone else's wedding date.

I loved Prudie's instructions on how to address down that women in that guy's office. They have come out with stuff for dark circles recently that actually works, but I don't think it works THAT well.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
"My husband and I were married last May 11. My new brother-in-law is now engaged, and we are thrilled, although we do not know his fiancée very well. They have picked dates for both their engagement party and their wedding: May 11 this year and next year."
WEll, that's dumb. Because if you got married on May 11, 2012, on a Saturday, then their engagement party will be May 11, 2013, on a Sunday, and their wedding will be on May 11, 2014, on a MOnday. Who freakin' does THAT?
My bro and SIL got married on September 3, 1979.

Our ister got married September 3, 1990 because it was Labor Day weekend.

Bro and SIL still married.
Sister and that husband are not.

Jinks!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Toj wrote:
That whole date/wedding thing is weird. But I agree with Prudie -- no one ever really remembers someone else's wedding date.
I remember my sister's, but that's because several other things of significance happened to ME on that date. One occured before the wedding, so they're stuck together permanently in my mind.

But her's is the only one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

In case you haven't heard of this, two guys at work recommended this to me this week:

appsgonefree

You get 10 apps offered for free downloads each day, apps that normally cost money. Once you download them, you can delete them and redownload them later again for free.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

End of month happy hour at the office. I'm buzzed on one nice sized bottle of Thistly Cross Whisky Barrel... which does not mix well with an IPA. Yuk!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Now we're getting drunk on Thursday night!?

Taxes are done and I'm getting a whopping 5 dollars back from the state!(strange because I've always owed or broke even and taxes went up last year. Guess my last tax man was screwing me.)

Gonna have to hold off celebrating til tomorrow though! Some people have to work

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Heh, Blackhawks scored a goal 12 seconds into the game!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
Heh, Blackhawks scored a goal 12 seconds into the game!
Did they win I never heard?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Why would you delete an app and then download it again? Actually I dont even have one of those apps that read the square codes that are on everything now. What am I missing?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
In case you haven't heard of this, two guys at work recommended this to me this week:
appsgonefree
You get 10 apps offered for free downloads each day, apps that normally cost money. Once you download them, you can delete them and redownload them later again for free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RACE wrote:
Why would you delete an app and then download it again? Actually I dont even have one of those apps that read the square codes that are on everything now. What am I missing?
<quoted text>
You delete the app to free up memory space on your mobile device.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

I tried to say something about the 20% pay cut I'm facing and Topix said I can't call our Beloved Leaders anything derogatory. It wasn't profanity...I said clowns. But apparently, putting that word and the city in which they play their games in the same sentence is bad.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Apps are pretty small things though (but maybe with their data files...) Anyway, wouldnt you free up more space by deleting some songs and pictures?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You delete the app to free up memory space on your mobile device.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Great, I will never get to sleep tonight!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/01/us/florida-sink...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RACE wrote:
Apps are pretty small things though (but maybe with their data files...) Anyway, wouldnt you free up more space by deleting some songs and pictures?
<quoted text>
If you download enough apps, it can make a difference. I just cleaned off a bunch of games I'd downloaded for nick's kids.

“reign in blood”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Sgt__Smith wrote:
I tried to say something about the 20% pay cut I'm facing and Topix said I can't call our Beloved Leaders anything derogatory. It wasn't profanity...I said clowns. But apparently, putting that word and the city in which they play their games in the same sentence is bad.
Only 20%? Consider yourself lucky!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RACE wrote:
Apps are pretty small things though (but maybe with their data files...)
Depends on the app. My old phone only had a little over 300MB available to install apps. All those angry bird games are 40 mb or more. Chrome browser? 57 mb. Facebook? 27mb.

That stuff adds up quick
RACE wrote:
Anyway, wouldnt you free up more space by deleting some songs and pictures?
<quoted text>
Apps get installed to a different partition. They do not share space with your personal documents. Deleting photos will not open up space for apps.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Sgt__Smith wrote:
That's messed up. Big Brother Topix, stop censoring free speech!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,099,232
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min mahz 49,400
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,337
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 2 hr Mr Micheal 1
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0805... 3 hr Mr Peter 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 hr andet1987 1,448
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,275
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Poppo 177,265
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••