|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
But you rock at drinking!
Hope you are feeling okay this morning.
LOL

My one son has a shirt with a ruler and a rock on it. The ruler says to the rock, "you rock." The rock says to the ruler, "you rule."

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Zing!
No class, none at all.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>They're playing up here 2 days later. That's a Sunday. Gotta wash the dogs.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I suck at life right now
I think you're doing just fine.

<hug>

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
But you rock at drinking!
Hope you are feeling okay this morning.
Heh.

Aside from being dead tired, I feel fine. I didn't really drink THAT much, I was just nervous about the shot, but I guess I drank a lot of water too.

Went to breakfast with a co-worker this morning so I got here a little later than normal, and my computer's been giving me headaches all week. Adobe crashed and had to be completely reinstalled this morning. The powers that be just approved a new one for me - I'm excited. This will be my first company laptop that's not someone else's hand-me-down.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're doing just fine.
<hug>
Thanks.
:)

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself for stupid decisions right now....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Three people got laid off yesterday afternoon.:(

Two more today.

I feel for ANYBODY who gets laid off, and I don't believe that someone's personal circumstances should come into play at all. But I admit that I feel a bit extra when it's a married guy with three kids in parochial school and a mortage. Or the guy with a baby who just bought a house. When you have dependents, I just think it would be more stressful.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

ANd both of those guys have wives who make far less than they do -- one I know works only to pay the tuition for the three kids in parochial school. I know, I know, choices. But it sucks.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks.
:)

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself for stupid decisions right now....
Unless you are leaving out something major, I don't remember hearing about any stupid decisions. You are entitled to random night out with co-workers/friends. You didn't throw up on the bar or strip in front of your boss.

Hope your day is productive and goes by quickly!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Two more today.
I feel for ANYBODY who gets laid off, and I don't believe that someone's personal circumstances should come into play at all. But I admit that I feel a bit extra when it's a married guy with three kids in parochial school and a mortage. Or the guy with a baby who just bought a house. When you have dependents, I just think it would be more stressful.
It's very difficult to go through for the people who get laid off and the people who are left.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:

Two more today.

That stinks :(

Speaking of - how's the job situation, Tonka? You may have mentioned something that I missed, but you have been on my mind.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you are leaving out something major, I don't remember hearing about any stupid decisions. You are entitled to random night out with co-workers/friends.
Nothing major... it just seems like a lot of the nights out turn out kind of weird (like the guy who my friend and I were talking to who walked out on his tab). I need to be a little careful.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't throw up on the bar or strip in front of your boss.
This time. ;)
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope your day is productive and goes by quickly!
Thanks! After the rough start with the computer, I did get a bunch of stuff done. I still have a heap in my inbox but it's almost lunchtime soon... my comfy bed is going to be so tempting, but I plan on getting a lot out of this afternoon too. Being behind on stuff sucks.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That stinks :(
Speaking of - how's the job situation, Tonka? You may have mentioned something that I missed, but you have been on my mind.
sucks. No new job yet. No word on when the hammer drops or what, if any , severance there will be. At least i squeezed some addotional training in. Had a class this week that was scheduled and paid for before the big announcement.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

YAY! Boat is back in action. Guy just finished working on it. Dog is gonna be so stoked.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
ANd both of those guys have wives who make far less than they do -- one I know works only to pay the tuition for the three kids in parochial school. I know, I know, choices. But it sucks.
Thank Obama's economy.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

RACE wrote:
Dog is gonna be so stoked.
I'm glad your boat is back in action, and all, but I'm hardly stoked about it. Number one, I don't have a boat, number two, it's winter here anyway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Obama's economy.
I think I'll blame a few of the retiring partners who don't do anything to get new clients or bring in new work.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank Obama's economy.
They will quickly find work. The economy is improving and the job picture is rosy ... just ask Obama! <sarcasm>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>sucks. No new job yet. No word on when the hammer drops or what, if any , severance there will be. At least i squeezed some addotional training in. Had a class this week that was scheduled and paid for before the big announcement.
If there is anyone on here that sticks with things, it's you. You'll get a job. Probably a good one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

"My husband and I were married last May 11. My new brother-in-law is now engaged, and we are thrilled, although we do not know his fiancée very well. They have picked dates for both their engagement party and their wedding: May 11 this year and next year."

WEll, that's dumb. Because if you got married on May 11, 2012, on a Saturday, then their engagement party will be May 11, 2013, on a Sunday, and their wedding will be on May 11, 2014, on a MOnday. Who freakin' does THAT?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago