Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
While their diatribes grew boring days ago, you shouldn't try to dictate what people talk about on a public forum.
I do lots of things I shouldn't do and will most likley continue to do so.

Being a force for civility in the forum is high on my list.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, ho do you bend your wrists when you sleep such that it would be harmful?
Well, I have to sleep with something under my chin to hold my mouth shut. Yes, even in my sleep, my mouth wants to be open. so I think I bend them to help hold covers up under my chin. If I sleep on my side, I'll bend my wrist and tuck my hand/wrist under my chin to sleep (esp. at Nick's, where I sleep on my side more than my back).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy late B-Day too Jess.
How was the game, Angela? I love hockey. I have the center ice package on directv. I watch every blackhawks game.
The game was AWESOME. Calgary scored early into a power play and was up 1-0 until late in the 3rd period (and the reffing was AWFUL last night). We scored late in the 3rd period and they drew a penalty (4 minutes I think?) that carried over into OT. Wild scored the winning goal in the sudden death OT within like 45 seconds.

A big moment was in the 2nd period, I think, when the middle jumbotron thing announced that the gopher's men's basketball team had beaten #1 ranked Indiana. THe plate went nuts.

I love that the pro sports can take a moment to do that for the local college teams.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I do lots of things I shouldn't do and will most likley continue to do so.
Being a force for civility in the forum is high on my list.
I don't usually cooperate, but I still respect that attitude!:)

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The game was AWESOME. Calgary scored early into a power play and was up 1-0 until late in the 3rd period (and the reffing was AWFUL last night). We scored late in the 3rd period and they drew a penalty (4 minutes I think?) that carried over into OT. Wild scored the winning goal in the sudden death OT within like 45 seconds.
A big moment was in the 2nd period, I think, when the middle jumbotron thing announced that the gopher's men's basketball team had beaten #1 ranked Indiana. THe plate went nuts.
I love that the pro sports can take a moment to do that for the local college teams.
That's awesome. I love sudden death overtime and I love when it goes past that into a shoot out. Fights too. I think it's so cool that the refs will just stand to the side and let two guys get in a fist fight.

Yes, I saw the gophers won too, late last night. I was happy to see that. Wisconsin is only one game behind Indiana for the big ten lead.

No one gave them a chance, this year. They did not start off very well either, but since then they've beaten a lot of highly ranked teams, including Indiana when they were number 2, Michigan when they were number 3, Minnesota and IL when they were ranked number 12 and Ohio State when they were 13. Wisconsin wasn't even ranked until a few weeks ago.

I will be disappointed if they don't make it at least to the sweet 16, this year and I can really say for the first time in a long time, I think they have a reasonable chance of making it to the elite 8 and maybe the final 4.

They got a really good recruit out of Milwaukee last year, Sam Dekker. Wisconsin never gets top recruits, either. They are always pretty good despite having a lot of guys no body wants. He's been coming on strong lately and will probably be the anchor of that team for years to come.

I think Bo Ryan is one of the best coaches in college basketball, too. Every year he does something with nothing. They aren't to shabby for a bunch of mostly white boys, lol.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I didn't watch it for a couple of days, even though a bunch of my friends had posted it. Not that I don't appreciate any act of kindness, but I figured that there must be something different about this store if so many people were sharing it.
I find that kids are often mean, especially when they get together in groups. It's not always intentional, but empathy is very difficult for children to understand and put into practice (it's hard for adults, too). That's why acts of kindness stand out so much.
I may have told this story on here before, but my younger brother (the one with Asperger's) was the manager of the football team in high school. He got that position because my older brother played football and the Athletic Director took my little bro under his wing, so he kept that position even after Big Bro graduated. During his senior year of hs, my brother was sick on his birthday and had to miss football practice. Around dinnertime, my father saw a line of cars pulling up in front of the house. They live on a cul-de-sac off of another cul-de-sac, so the only reason to be there was to visit our house and my father started to worry that this group of kids was going to toilet paper or house or something similar. Every member of the football team got out of those cars and sang "Happy Birthday" to my brother. It is still one of his best memories of hs and my father gets a little choked up when he talks about it.
Wow!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

My computer is down, as those of you on FB know. Got hit Sat. night and was taken over. It's been at NIck's since Sunday. just got this from him:

Wow... I just looked up how to get rid of one of the bugs your
> computer has (Trojan Generic30.WAV). Regular av products can't get
> rid of it once it takes root, you have to go through a number of steps
> to clean it out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Two of the PHelps grandchildren have left the Westboro Baptist Church:

http://fox4kc.com/2013/02/07/westboro-founder...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Waiting at the school district HQ to sign Nunu up for kindergarten. They're on #57 and I'm 77.

Bored bored bored bored and I've only been here 10 minutes. Oh and look! I should have charged my phone.

Let's hope the battery holds out...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Thansk for hte wishes and hugs, everyone... I'm actually, in a way, lookign forward to teh weekend. all of my cousins are coming in, which is a pleasant surprise. it will most likely be the last time teh 5 of us and our moms will be togehter. so, i'm going to bring my fancy camera and pitch a fit if we can't get a photo of the bunch of us.

we (my mom and us) live about 10-15 minutes from the airport, so 5 trips won't be the worst in the world. if someone calls us as soon as they land and can turn on phones, we can beat them to teh end of hte tram in one of the remote parking lots.

As much of a PITA my gramma had gotten in teh last couple of years, i find that i'm not thinking of that as much. Unprompted, she said on sunday that i was a good lady. it was an appropriate response to sometihng someone else said. Good confirmation for me that i was doing well by her, even thoguh my mom, especially, had been saying that for the last several months.

OH! PE - how bad does this sound on the surface! i'm relieved that gramma died now and not closer to 3/18 so i wouldn't have to cancel on you! I know that it's a good reason to cancel, but i am looking forward to it and dont' want to miss it!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Ooooo they're on 66!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

My bet, nunu has to go to the potty on 75.
squishymama wrote:
Ooooo they're on 66!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Miscellaneous:

The federal budget sequester will start on National Self-Injury Awareness Day.

News Headline: "Shirtless Lawrence man barges into strangers' home with stolen sword, blind cat."
There is probably an interesting story behind that.

On this day 97 years ago Peter De Vries was born, and if you want to know why he is QT's favorite modern writer, consider:
+"Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask,'What's in it for me?' "
+ "The murals in restaurants are on a par with the food in museums."
+ "Human nature is pretty shabby stuff, as you may know from introspection."
+ "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be."
+ "It is final proof of God's omnipotence that he need not exist in order to save us."
The De Vries novel to start with is The Vale of Laughter.
Or maybe The Mackerel Plaza.
You can work your way up to The Blood of the Lamb.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
My bet, nunu has to go to the potty on 75.
<quoted text>
Ha ha!

She is not here. Her dad told her this morning that kids weren't allowed so she went to preschool as normal.

But that's not to say that situation won't happen; I had a hot chocolate earlier and they go right through me.
:D

On 75!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
OH! PE - how bad does this sound on the surface! i'm relieved that gramma died now and not closer to 3/18 so i wouldn't have to cancel on you! I know that it's a good reason to cancel, but i am looking forward to it and dont' want to miss it!
I had consdered the possibility and formed some contingency plans, just in case. But I too am glad you will make it.

It makes something good to look forward to in the midst of sad stuff.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Yay! She's in.
But it was almost a complete disaster. I thought I grabbed our lease extension but it seems that's expired. Now I'm puzzled about that but they accepted my proof of car insurance. Whew!!!
And since I have the afternoon off we're going to go sledding!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Sledding? I thought you said you lived near the beach?
squishymama wrote:
Yay! She's in.
But it was almost a complete disaster. I thought I grabbed our lease extension but it seems that's expired. Now I'm puzzled about that but they accepted my proof of car insurance. Whew!!!
And since I have the afternoon off we're going to go sledding!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
We do you Floridian goof! But it winter here, and it's been snowing for two days. So the beach is out and the sledding hill is in.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Beaches are different in Chicago on the Lake then ocean beaches.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

You have hilly beaches?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We do you Floridian goof! But it winter here, and it's been snowing for two days. So the beach is out and the sledding hill is in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,341 - 80,360 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info