Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yeah, thanks for the nice comments about my improved hands! And thanks to, was it AS and Pellen?-- to push me to see the doctor sooner rather than later?
Glad I was wrong. You didn't sound like you had classic Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but that just proves the value of going to a real doctor, not just someone who plays one on line.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
What? You mean like respecting someone's religious beliefs and offering solace even if that is not my faith, or even if I feel that the very act of having faith presents a question about my ability to think?
Sure, I am good with that. Now get the godless heathen to agree.
And yes, I promise, my last post on this till next Monday
I will say a prayer AS!
<quoted text>
You mean one of those stupid, meaningless prayers that do nothing?

:::running away in a zigzag with your beer!:::

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

AS, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope amid the travel chaos, you can all enjoy yourselves together some.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Ang, that rocks about your hands! So glad it's not arthritis.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

The very same (reaches into cooler and grabs a new frosty cold beer)
Psssta...Ahhhhh breakfast beer!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean one of those stupid, meaningless prayers that do nothing?
:::running away in a zigzag with your beer!:::

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So on Wednesday, I went to the doctor for a diagnosis re my weak and painful fingers and hands and wrists. He said it was carpal tunnel likely caused by.packing up moving boxes, combined with how I bend my wrists when I sleep.
After five nights of wearing the wrist braces while sleeping, the improvement is AMAZING. I can't believe it. Not only is the pain significantly reduced but I have strength back. Last week I couldn't lift my lightweight typing stand to put it on my shelf. I couldn't carry four reams of paper.
I couldn't take the cap off a tube of Chapstick with my left hand.
Now I can. I called his nurse yesterday to give her the news and was very happy for me and said he'd be very pleased to hear that the progress had been so swift.
Yay"
Just curious, ho do you bend your wrists when you sleep such that it would be harmful?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So on Wednesday, I went to the doctor for a diagnosis re my weak and painful fingers and hands and wrists. He said it was carpal tunnel likely caused by.packing up moving boxes, combined with how I bend my wrists when I sleep.
After five nights of wearing the wrist braces while sleeping, the improvement is AMAZING. I can't believe it. Not only is the pain significantly reduced but I have strength back. Last week I couldn't lift my lightweight typing stand to put it on my shelf. I couldn't carry four reams of paper.
I couldn't take the cap off a tube of Chapstick with my left hand.
Now I can. I called his nurse yesterday to give her the news and was very happy for me and said he'd be very pleased to hear that the progress had been so swift.
Yay"
Nice!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But I do enjoy kitchen shopping.....
Jess happy belated bday! If I'd been on my computer instead of iPad, I would have noticed better!
Nick said my computer is very sick and something very very bad is fighting for its life to not be removed. Said he may have to go in and physically delete the file. Maybe Friday ill get it back.
Nicks taking me to the mn wild v. Calgary flames tonight. My hair looks el stupido.
Happy late B-Day too Jess.

How was the game, Angela? I love hockey. I have the center ice package on directv. I watch every blackhawks game.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Chicago voters have elected another black democrat to replace Jessie Jr.
Those people just can't learn, can they?
Um, what does his being black have to do with anything? Are black democrats in some way worse than white democrats?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Aisle Sitter wrote:
My gramma passed away early Monday morning.... it was in her sleep. Funeral is saturday. Spent yesterday talking with the funeral director, tomorrow i pick my parents up from the airport- they've been in germany visiting my brother & family. Friday we have 5 flights to meet... not sure who's gonna have to call a real cab. bro is coming in friday afternoon and leaving saturday evening.
i'm tired now, and bet i'll be up at 2 again.
I'm sorry to hear that AS.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RACE wrote:
Is there a phone# address or email? some times they get pulled for those
<quoted text>
There was a website address. I deleted that and posted the letters in the comments. So you have to go to post 15 or something to read, and then back up for everyone's thoughts.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
My gramma passed away early Monday morning.... it was in her sleep. Funeral is saturday. Spent yesterday talking with the funeral director, tomorrow i pick my parents up from the airport- they've been in germany visiting my brother & family. Friday we have 5 flights to meet... not sure who's gonna have to call a real cab. bro is coming in friday afternoon and leaving saturday evening.
i'm tired now, and bet i'll be up at 2 again.
((AS)) Sorry for your loss. Hang in there, you'll get through this (various other cliche platitudes here)as well, but I mean them. Talk it out here if you like. I found this place to be great for that; very helpful when you feel like reminiscing.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Darn you RACE and Ang! I should be taking a shower and getting ready for my day, but now I'm looking around for Bible quotes to post on that loon's thread. I have to pick up my younger son in an hour, so I have about 20 minutes left to screw around on the computer.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Have you guys seen this video that is going around on FB? It is similar to some of the feel good hs sports stories that we have heard about over the past couple of years, but there is a twist at the end. I love hearing about people being kind to each other :)
http://www.viddler.com/embed/70d1d214/...
You made me almost cry!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You made me almost cry!
Ditto...I thought it would be the run of the mill kind of "team is nice to the mentally handicapped kid" vid, but the kid from the other team, too? Kids are still being raised right.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, what does his being black have to do with anything? Are black democrats in some way worse than white democrats?
Her, actually. And since both white and black democrats have ended up behind bars, I'm gonna say no. But don't you find it funny (but actually sad) that you people keep voting for the same people, the same people, the same people, then can't understand why things aren't getting better?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you two. Can you call a truce for a couple days to give AS a calm place to talk about her grandmother, please?
While their diatribes grew boring days ago, you shouldn't try to dictate what people talk about on a public forum.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Her, actually. And since both white and black democrats have ended up behind bars, I'm gonna say no. But don't you find it funny (but actually sad) that you people keep voting for the same people, the same people, the same people, then can't understand why things aren't getting better?
Same people in what way? I am not in the district to be able to vote for that candidate one way or another so I don't have a horse in this race.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto...I thought it would be the run of the mill kind of "team is nice to the mentally handicapped kid" vid, but the kid from the other team, too? Kids are still being raised right.
That's why I didn't watch it for a couple of days, even though a bunch of my friends had posted it. Not that I don't appreciate any act of kindness, but I figured that there must be something different about this store if so many people were sharing it.

I find that kids are often mean, especially when they get together in groups. It's not always intentional, but empathy is very difficult for children to understand and put into practice (it's hard for adults, too). That's why acts of kindness stand out so much.

I may have told this story on here before, but my younger brother (the one with Asperger's) was the manager of the football team in high school. He got that position because my older brother played football and the Athletic Director took my little bro under his wing, so he kept that position even after Big Bro graduated. During his senior year of hs, my brother was sick on his birthday and had to miss football practice. Around dinnertime, my father saw a line of cars pulling up in front of the house. They live on a cul-de-sac off of another cul-de-sac, so the only reason to be there was to visit our house and my father started to worry that this group of kids was going to toilet paper or house or something similar. Every member of the football team got out of those cars and sang "Happy Birthday" to my brother. It is still one of his best memories of hs and my father gets a little choked up when he talks about it.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
While their diatribes grew boring days ago, you shouldn't try to dictate what people talk about on a public forum.
I do lots of things I shouldn't do and will most likley continue to do so.

Being a force for civility in the forum is high on my list.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min Terry rigsby 48,863
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,900
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 67,892
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min LRS 174,502
Amy 7-23 31 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 458
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000