Topix Chitown Regulars

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81450 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
Sledding? I thought you said you lived near the beach?
<quoted text>
We do you Floridian goof! But it winter here, and it's been snowing for two days. So the beach is out and the sledding hill is in.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81451 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
Sledding? I thought you said you lived near the beach?
<quoted text>
Beaches are different in Chicago on the Lake then ocean beaches.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#81452 Feb 27, 2013
You have hilly beaches?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We do you Floridian goof! But it winter here, and it's been snowing for two days. So the beach is out and the sledding hill is in.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81453 Feb 27, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
It was just about slush up by me this morning

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81454 Feb 27, 2013
I'm on vacation! Tomorrow my friend R and I fly to Dallas to meet up with our Illinois expat friends, C and L for a girls weekend.

I'm currently pre-gaming it at a local Mexican food joint over a margarita and some enchiladas. By myself.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81455 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>You have hilly beaches?
Dunes.

Evanston IL

#81456 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
You have hilly beaches?
<quoted text>
Actually the sledding hill is an old landfill. We call it Mt. Trashmore. And it's nowhere near the lake.

#81457 Feb 27, 2013
We have several Mt Trashmores. We turned one into an outdoor amphitheater. Used to be called Coral Sky, but corp bought it, dunno its name now.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the sledding hill is an old landfill. We call it Mt. Trashmore. And it's nowhere near the lake.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81458 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
We have several Mt Trashmores. We turned one into an outdoor amphitheater. Used to be called Coral Sky, but corp bought it, dunno its name now.
<quoted text>
cruzan rum

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81459 Feb 27, 2013
Annnnd, I'm drunk. That was fast.

#81460 Feb 27, 2013
OIC.
Nice place, kinda far for you though eh?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>cruzan rum

#81461 Feb 27, 2013
LOL, I just noticed your new saying on your avatar. How long has that been there?
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>cruzan rum

#81462 Feb 27, 2013
I was watching a martial arts movie last night and I would have sworn he was the piano player in the movie. But I cant find a google of movies he's appeared in other than how I met your momma.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>cruzan rum

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81463 Feb 27, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Annnnd, I'm drunk. That was fast.
HAAAA!

I just got some smokey treats today from a friend!:) I may post here in 90 minutes. ;)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81464 Feb 27, 2013
So, the satire newspaper at my alma mater (think The Onion but cruder) published an article about the sorority closing on campus and people are freaking out about it. I found it tasteless and without humor, but some of the alum want to start a letter writing campaign and the president of the chapter is asking National Headquarters for advice on how to proceed.

These people would never survive on here.

FWIW, the paper's current issue has a photoshopped topless picture of the First Lady from Oscar night on its front page.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#81465 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
LOL, I just noticed your new saying on your avatar. How long has that been there?
<quoted text>
remembr when you said you would not be any more affected by a music star you like dying than if your grocery bagger died?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#81466 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
OIC.
Nice place, kinda far for you though eh?
<quoted text>
far? sure. but i've been known to travel for a show.

Coral sky?
seen buffet, kravitz, dmb, pearl jam

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#81467 Feb 27, 2013
Hell, come to think of it, I would not be surprised if a good 40% of the shows I've seen involved heading to another town between 1 and 4 hours away

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#81468 Feb 27, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
So, the satire newspaper at my alma mater (think The Onion but cruder) published an article about the sorority closing on campus and people are freaking out about it. I found it tasteless and without humor, but some of the alum want to start a letter writing campaign and the president of the chapter is asking National Headquarters for advice on how to proceed.

These people would never survive on here.

FWIW, the paper's current issue has a photoshopped topless picture of the First Lady from Oscar night on its front page.
OMG, the paper just issued an apology on its Facebook page. Never thought I would see the day...

Evanston IL

#81469 Feb 27, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
It was just about slush up by me this morning
Yeah the sledding conditions were pretty crappy. Didn't stop Lulu tho; she'd still be out there getting wet and muddy. But Nunu and I had had enough and we had to pee, so we made her come in after about an hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Liberal Sock Rage 1,276,896
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 min Hatti_Hollerand 6,429
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min Joe Balls 196,936
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,542
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr boundary painter 5,426
Ask Amy 9-1-15 3 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 11
Dear Abby 9-1-15 4 hr boundary painter 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages