Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81438 Feb 27, 2013
My computer is down, as those of you on FB know. Got hit Sat. night and was taken over. It's been at NIck's since Sunday. just got this from him:

Wow... I just looked up how to get rid of one of the bugs your
> computer has (Trojan Generic30.WAV). Regular av products can't get
> rid of it once it takes root, you have to go through a number of steps
> to clean it out.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81439 Feb 27, 2013
Two of the PHelps grandchildren have left the Westboro Baptist Church:

http://fox4kc.com/2013/02/07/westboro-founder...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81441 Feb 27, 2013
Waiting at the school district HQ to sign Nunu up for kindergarten. They're on #57 and I'm 77.

Bored bored bored bored and I've only been here 10 minutes. Oh and look! I should have charged my phone.

Let's hope the battery holds out...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#81442 Feb 27, 2013
Thansk for hte wishes and hugs, everyone... I'm actually, in a way, lookign forward to teh weekend. all of my cousins are coming in, which is a pleasant surprise. it will most likely be the last time teh 5 of us and our moms will be togehter. so, i'm going to bring my fancy camera and pitch a fit if we can't get a photo of the bunch of us.

we (my mom and us) live about 10-15 minutes from the airport, so 5 trips won't be the worst in the world. if someone calls us as soon as they land and can turn on phones, we can beat them to teh end of hte tram in one of the remote parking lots.

As much of a PITA my gramma had gotten in teh last couple of years, i find that i'm not thinking of that as much. Unprompted, she said on sunday that i was a good lady. it was an appropriate response to sometihng someone else said. Good confirmation for me that i was doing well by her, even thoguh my mom, especially, had been saying that for the last several months.

OH! PE - how bad does this sound on the surface! i'm relieved that gramma died now and not closer to 3/18 so i wouldn't have to cancel on you! I know that it's a good reason to cancel, but i am looking forward to it and dont' want to miss it!

Evanston IL

#81443 Feb 27, 2013
Ooooo they're on 66!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#81444 Feb 27, 2013
My bet, nunu has to go to the potty on 75.
squishymama wrote:
Ooooo they're on 66!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#81445 Feb 27, 2013
Miscellaneous:

The federal budget sequester will start on National Self-Injury Awareness Day.

News Headline: "Shirtless Lawrence man barges into strangers' home with stolen sword, blind cat."
There is probably an interesting story behind that.

On this day 97 years ago Peter De Vries was born, and if you want to know why he is QT's favorite modern writer, consider:
+"Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask,'What's in it for me?' "
+ "The murals in restaurants are on a par with the food in museums."
+ "Human nature is pretty shabby stuff, as you may know from introspection."
+ "Nostalgia isn't what it used to be."
+ "It is final proof of God's omnipotence that he need not exist in order to save us."
The De Vries novel to start with is The Vale of Laughter.
Or maybe The Mackerel Plaza.
You can work your way up to The Blood of the Lamb.

Evanston IL

#81446 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
My bet, nunu has to go to the potty on 75.
<quoted text>
Ha ha!

She is not here. Her dad told her this morning that kids weren't allowed so she went to preschool as normal.

But that's not to say that situation won't happen; I had a hot chocolate earlier and they go right through me.
:D

On 75!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81447 Feb 27, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
OH! PE - how bad does this sound on the surface! i'm relieved that gramma died now and not closer to 3/18 so i wouldn't have to cancel on you! I know that it's a good reason to cancel, but i am looking forward to it and dont' want to miss it!
I had consdered the possibility and formed some contingency plans, just in case. But I too am glad you will make it.

It makes something good to look forward to in the midst of sad stuff.

Evanston IL

#81448 Feb 27, 2013
Yay! She's in.
But it was almost a complete disaster. I thought I grabbed our lease extension but it seems that's expired. Now I'm puzzled about that but they accepted my proof of car insurance. Whew!!!
And since I have the afternoon off we're going to go sledding!

Neda, stay with me!

#81449 Feb 27, 2013
Sledding? I thought you said you lived near the beach?
squishymama wrote:
Yay! She's in.
But it was almost a complete disaster. I thought I grabbed our lease extension but it seems that's expired. Now I'm puzzled about that but they accepted my proof of car insurance. Whew!!!
And since I have the afternoon off we're going to go sledding!

Evanston IL

#81450 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
We do you Floridian goof! But it winter here, and it's been snowing for two days. So the beach is out and the sledding hill is in.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81451 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Beaches are different in Chicago on the Lake then ocean beaches.

Neda, stay with me!

#81452 Feb 27, 2013
You have hilly beaches?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We do you Floridian goof! But it winter here, and it's been snowing for two days. So the beach is out and the sledding hill is in.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81453 Feb 27, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
It was just about slush up by me this morning

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81454 Feb 27, 2013
I'm on vacation! Tomorrow my friend R and I fly to Dallas to meet up with our Illinois expat friends, C and L for a girls weekend.

I'm currently pre-gaming it at a local Mexican food joint over a margarita and some enchiladas. By myself.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81455 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>You have hilly beaches?
Dunes.

Evanston IL

#81456 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
You have hilly beaches?
<quoted text>
Actually the sledding hill is an old landfill. We call it Mt. Trashmore. And it's nowhere near the lake.

Neda, stay with me!

#81457 Feb 27, 2013
We have several Mt Trashmores. We turned one into an outdoor amphitheater. Used to be called Coral Sky, but corp bought it, dunno its name now.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the sledding hill is an old landfill. We call it Mt. Trashmore. And it's nowhere near the lake.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81458 Feb 27, 2013
RACE wrote:
We have several Mt Trashmores. We turned one into an outdoor amphitheater. Used to be called Coral Sky, but corp bought it, dunno its name now.
<quoted text>
cruzan rum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min loose cannon 180,913
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Big Kitty 1,144,023
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 6 min Gary Seven 38
My true thoughts about this song. 57 min dumbwhore 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr DonPanic 48,584
EverGreen Belgrade 3 hr aqif blyta 11
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 4 hr Swedenforever 54,527
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:56 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:56PM
Breaking Down Lions' Game Plan vs. Bears