Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Thank you for the birthday wishes :) I am closer to 40 than I am to 30, but I love it! It has been a long couple of weeks around here, but the family is all hanging out in the living room now (using electronics, but still hanging out together) and my husband looks so happy to have his family with him and no drama. We need a night like this :)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Thank you for the birthday wishes :) I am closer to 40 than I am to 30, but I love it! It has been a long couple of weeks around here, but the family is all hanging out in the living room now (using electronics, but still hanging out together) and my husband looks so happy to have his family with him and no drama. We need a night like this :)
:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

So on Wednesday, I went to the doctor for a diagnosis re my weak and painful fingers and hands and wrists. He said it was carpal tunnel likely caused by.packing up moving boxes, combined with how I bend my wrists when I sleep.

After five nights of wearing the wrist braces while sleeping, the improvement is AMAZING. I can't believe it. Not only is the pain significantly reduced but I have strength back. Last week I couldn't lift my lightweight typing stand to put it on my shelf. I couldn't carry four reams of paper.

I couldn't take the cap off a tube of Chapstick with my left hand.

Now I can. I called his nurse yesterday to give her the news and was very happy for me and said he'd be very pleased to hear that the progress had been so swift.

Yay"

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So on Wednesday, I went to the doctor for a diagnosis re my weak and painful fingers and hands and wrists. He said it was carpal tunnel likely caused by.packing up moving boxes, combined with how I bend my wrists when I sleep.
After five nights of wearing the wrist braces while sleeping, the improvement is AMAZING. I can't believe it. Not only is the pain significantly reduced but I have strength back. Last week I couldn't lift my lightweight typing stand to put it on my shelf. I couldn't carry four reams of paper.
I couldn't take the cap off a tube of Chapstick with my left hand.
Now I can. I called his nurse yesterday to give her the news and was very happy for me and said he'd be very pleased to hear that the progress had been so swift.
Yay"
Yay indeed! so happy to hear taht for you!

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

My gramma passed away early Monday morning.... it was in her sleep. Funeral is saturday. Spent yesterday talking with the funeral director, tomorrow i pick my parents up from the airport- they've been in germany visiting my brother & family. Friday we have 5 flights to meet... not sure who's gonna have to call a real cab. bro is coming in friday afternoon and leaving saturday evening.

i'm tired now, and bet i'll be up at 2 again.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Sorry about your gramma, AS.

Chicago voters have elected another black democrat to replace Jessie Jr.

Those people just can't learn, can they?

Obama raised taxes on 77% of Americans but refuses to cut what would amount to one cent of every dollar the government spends. Tax and spend, tax and spend, tax and spend some more. The democrat way...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
My gramma passed away early Monday morning.... it was in her sleep. Funeral is saturday. Spent yesterday talking with the funeral director, tomorrow i pick my parents up from the airport- they've been in germany visiting my brother & family. Friday we have 5 flights to meet... not sure who's gonna have to call a real cab. bro is coming in friday afternoon and leaving saturday evening.
Very sorry to hear that. I hope you have lots of great memories of her to get you through this rough time.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
So sorry, AS.
:(

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Chicago voters have elected another black democrat to replace Jessie Jr.
Those people just can't learn, can they?
Obama raised taxes on 77% of Americans but refuses to cut what would amount to one cent of every dollar the government spends. Tax and spend, tax and spend, tax and spend some more. The democrat way...
No they didn't. It was just a primary.

You'll have to save your diatribe until some time in April.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:

(((Hugs AS)))

You and all of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. The next few days will be draining, but I hope that you are able to share happy memories and stories with your family and friends to help you smile through your tears.

No matter how much we can honestly say that someone led a good, long life and they are now at peace, it still hurts to lose them. We are here if you need to talk about it or to escape.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Sorry, AS. But dying in one's sleep at a ripe old age sounds like the ideal way to leave the world, doesn't it?

You're going to be exhausted on Sunday. Hang in there! I recommend taking Monday off from work as a buffer day!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I think they yanked Abby. I'll try reposting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

So my abby column is gone but my response is there. It may take a few minutes for the column to show up again. If it doesn't, google "Dear Abby" and the first linbk should be to uexpress -- click on that and you'll see today's column.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Have you guys seen this video that is going around on FB? It is similar to some of the feel good hs sports stories that we have heard about over the past couple of years, but there is a twist at the end. I love hearing about people being kind to each other :)

http://www.viddler.com/embed/70d1d214/...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Is there a phone# address or email? some times they get pulled for those
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

It's ok, you dont practice your faith anyway. Your just part of the machine, a drone churned out at 13, cannon fodder for the lords army and all that.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
My religion tells me not to.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

AS, so sorry about your grandmother.
:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,095,546
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min Learn to Read 176,762
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min Mothra 46,229
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 55 min Shanaynay 3,909
Defense Logistics Support 55 min Its me Albie 1
Abby 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1
Amy 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE