“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#81360 Feb 26, 2013
Thank you for that totally useless post. Be happy knowing your stupidity will live in cyberspace forever.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or........you could use this thing they have called a towel, and you could dry the knife off and put in your butcher block and not have it sitting out at all. Duh. And I learned "blade down" when I was like 5.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#81361 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
And my whole point thru all of this has been that it is mean and unnecessary to make such inflammatory comments.[QUOTE]

Really? You're going to take umbrage at mean and inflammatory comments? I knew neither that you were so sensitive nor that you had a monopoly in that regard.

[QUOTE]
I know, you can all say that is not what you meant, but that is how it is being perceived. <quoted text>
When something is clarified 5, 6, 7 times, it's on you for not understanding. You even acknowledged what was being said and the intended meaning and went on to state that you were going to ignore that and believe something else.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#81362 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thank you for that totally useless post. Be happy knowing your stupidity will live in cyberspace forever.
<quoted text>
XOXO

Neda, stay with me!

#81363 Feb 26, 2013
I am having a similar problem with my turkey fryer. The peanut oil just wont come off the sides, just like a sap stuck inside the pot. Going to toss it and get a replacement.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My 8 quart stainless tall sauce pan has died. When I made that last batch of chili, somehow I allowed the garlic/onions/peppers to burn on the bottom and after two weeks of soaking and scrubbing with SOS pads (which got ruined quickly), I could not get the thick black layer of sludge off the bottom of my pan.
I gave up last night.
I threw it away.
Now I need a new sauce pot.:(

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81364 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
So I was washing a huge (12qt) SS pot that I use for cooking pasta and after rinsing it out, I flipped it over to rinse the outside and I jammed my forearm right into a knife I had used to slice tomatoes that was in the strainer... I mean I jammed it hard too (damn pot is heavy). And I immediately thought of the conversation we had here awhile back about letting knives dry business end up or down. I have now changed my position and believe those sharp pointy devices should ALWAYS be business end DOWN! I dont care if they rust, I will go out and buy another GD set if they do!
Oh no! Is it bad enough to require stitches?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81365 Feb 26, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would strongly recommend getting a Le Creuset enamel-coated cast iron. They work awesome and last forever and clean up very easily. I find them sometimes for around half-price at TJ Maxx/Marshall's. I also see the Cuisinart version which doesn't look to be too bad of a substitute, and it's about 30-40% cheaper.
Yeah I've gotten le creuset pan cheap at Marshall's before, but I liked the lightweightness of this one.
my grieving is nearly done.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81366 Feb 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My 8 quart stainless tall sauce pan has died. When I made that last batch of chili, somehow I allowed the garlic/onions/peppers to burn on the bottom and after two weeks of soaking and scrubbing with SOS pads (which got ruined quickly), I could not get the thick black layer of sludge off the bottom of my pan.
I gave up last night.
I threw it away.
Now I need a new sauce pot.:(
Can you get it back?

Get some dishwasher detergent. Pour it n teh bottom, fill with a little water, no more than 2 inches. Simmer. Scrape teh bottom occasionally. You want to get at least a line of stainless showing through. Keep scarping and keep simmering.

My husband does this all the time with spaghetti sauce and my Revere ware still comes clean eventually

Neda, stay with me!

#81367 Feb 26, 2013
You are a complete Asw.
Go apologize and act like a normal person for once in your life.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
When something is clarified 5, 6, 7 times, it's on you for not understanding. You even acknowledged what was being said and the intended meaning and went on to state that you were going to ignore that and believe something else.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81368 Feb 26, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would strongly recommend getting a Le Creuset enamel-coated cast iron. They work awesome and last forever and clean up very easily. I find them sometimes for around half-price at TJ Maxx/Marshall's. I also see the Cuisinart version which doesn't look to be too bad of a substitute, and it's about 30-40% cheaper.
Don'tforge to mention what those things weigh, empty, much less filled with food. They are enamel covered cast iron

Neda, stay with me!

#81369 Feb 26, 2013
Probably, but it was a very slim blade, not like a butcher knife. Packed it with neosporin (sp) and a butterfly bandage. Besides the knife was just cleaned.

Hey sam! If you want, wish gangrene or tetanus on me, I dont mind.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! Is it bad enough to require stitches?

Neda, stay with me!

#81370 Feb 26, 2013
The pot I was cleaning was just about as heavy as my dutch oven It has like a 3/8 base of solid stainless.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Don'tforge to mention what those things weigh, empty, much less filled with food. They are enamel covered cast iron

Neda, stay with me!

#81371 Feb 26, 2013
ok, I was wrong. My dutch oven is MUCH heavier. Not twice as much, but easily 1/3 more.

Location hidden

#81372 Feb 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you get it back?
Get some dishwasher detergent. Pour it n teh bottom, fill with a little water, no more than 2 inches. Simmer. Scrape teh bottom occasionally. You want to get at least a line of stainless showing through. Keep scarping and keep simmering.
My husband does this all the time with spaghetti sauce and my Revere ware still comes clean eventually
I'm done. Not working that hard after two weeks of scrubbing.

Location hidden

#81373 Feb 26, 2013
But I do enjoy kitchen shopping.....

Jess happy belated bday! If I'd been on my computer instead of iPad, I would have noticed better!

Nick said my computer is very sick and something very very bad is fighting for its life to not be removed. Said he may have to go in and physically delete the file. Maybe Friday ill get it back.

Nicks taking me to the mn wild v. Calgary flames tonight. My hair looks el stupido.

Neda, stay with me!

#81374 Feb 26, 2013
will look for you on the jumbotron!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Nicks taking me to the mn wild v. Calgary flames tonight. My hair looks el stupido.
dahgts

Hickory Hills, IL

#81375 Feb 26, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Don'tforge to mention what those things weigh, empty, much less filled with food. They are enamel covered cast iron
They are heavy, Guess the gym helps with that. But even so are really great for short ribs, chili, etc. especially in the oven. I found the Chantel brand at TJ or Marshalls for only about $30. They are rated as good as La Creuset by America's Test Kitchen.

Location hidden

#81376 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
will look for you on the jumbotron!
<quoted text>
Kisscam!!!!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81377 Feb 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But I do enjoy kitchen shopping.....
Jess happy belated bday! If I'd been on my computer instead of iPad, I would have noticed better!
Nick said my computer is very sick and something very very bad is fighting for its life to not be removed. Said he may have to go in and physically delete the file. Maybe Friday ill get it back.
FWIW, the security systems on my office computer and on my new computer at home frequently close down the internet when I am on Topix and not on other sites. I assume it is something malicious from one of the ads or scripts that run in the ads. At first I thought it was just the office security, but since it happens at home now, I am guessing it is Topix.

Matilda might have some insight whether it is a Java issue

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81378 Feb 26, 2013
Happy rest of the year Jess. You don't look more than a day over... whatever you were on Sunday

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#81379 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
Hey sam! If you want, wish gangrene or tetanus on me, I dont mind.
<quoted text>
My religion tells me not to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,125,054
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min Eric 69,983
Amy 10-11 15 min Stina2 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min Elise Gingerich 47,483
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min wojar 179,280
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 58 min RJS 7,820
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,636
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]