Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

No, I eat thru my ass and regurgitate random diatribes.
So, how about you point out what was so offensive about my post. The word arbitrary, even by subs definition seems to support my statement. I have no clue what arbitrary values he is using. After all, thats completely random now aint it?

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Do you eat with that mouth? You've had a problem about people respecting your religious choices and this comes out of your keyboard?
I don't care if you are trying to describe the words in other people's mouths -- that's just gross.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

wipes butt, looks in bowl...
Hey! Its sam!
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Race's recipe for debate. A cup of misrepresentation, a quart of obstinance, 2 cups ignorance, 2 cups stubbornness, a quarter-cup of self-pity, a cup-and-a-half of incivility, and a gallon of hypocrisy.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

So I was washing a huge (12qt) SS pot that I use for cooking pasta and after rinsing it out, I flipped it over to rinse the outside and I jammed my forearm right into a knife I had used to slice tomatoes that was in the strainer... I mean I jammed it hard too (damn pot is heavy). And I immediately thought of the conversation we had here awhile back about letting knives dry business end up or down. I have now changed my position and believe those sharp pointy devices should ALWAYS be business end DOWN! I dont care if they rust, I will go out and buy another GD set if they do!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I am just getting upset with some people's insistence that having faith or a belief in a God is in and of itself proof of lack of intelligence.
I would, too. I used to believe. So now I don't. Does that mean I'm smarter now? No.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

My 8 quart stainless tall sauce pan has died. When I made that last batch of chili, somehow I allowed the garlic/onions/peppers to burn on the bottom and after two weeks of soaking and scrubbing with SOS pads (which got ruined quickly), I could not get the thick black layer of sludge off the bottom of my pan.

I gave up last night.

I threw it away.

Now I need a new sauce pot.:(

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
wipes butt, looks in bowl...
Hey! Its sam!
<quoted text>
Hey! Are you 4?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
So I was washing a huge (12qt) SS pot that I use for cooking pasta and after rinsing it out, I flipped it over to rinse the outside and I jammed my forearm right into a knife I had used to slice tomatoes that was in the strainer... I mean I jammed it hard too (damn pot is heavy). And I immediately thought of the conversation we had here awhile back about letting knives dry business end up or down. I have now changed my position and believe those sharp pointy devices should ALWAYS be business end DOWN! I dont care if they rust, I will go out and buy another GD set if they do!
Or........you could use this thing they have called a towel, and you could dry the knife off and put in your butcher block and not have it sitting out at all. Duh. And I learned "blade down" when I was like 5.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Well, there you have it. See! I am not saying it upsets me to have people say (or imply) that, but to some people, that is the impression being presented. And my whole point thru all of this has been that it is mean and unnecessary to make such inflammatory comments.

I know, you can all say that is not what you meant, but that is how it is being perceived. You folk talk about religious choice not being thought out properly....Maybe you should practice what your preaching before you hit the enter key and post your comments.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just getting upset with some people's insistence that having faith or a belief in a God is in and of itself proof of lack of intelligence.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My 8 quart stainless tall sauce pan has died. When I made that last batch of chili, somehow I allowed the garlic/onions/peppers to burn on the bottom and after two weeks of soaking and scrubbing with SOS pads (which got ruined quickly), I could not get the thick black layer of sludge off the bottom of my pan.
I gave up last night.
I threw it away.
I would strongly recommend getting a Le Creuset enamel-coated cast iron. They work awesome and last forever and clean up very easily. I find them sometimes for around half-price at TJ Maxx/Marshall's. I also see the Cuisinart version which doesn't look to be too bad of a substitute, and it's about 30-40% cheaper.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Thank you for that totally useless post. Be happy knowing your stupidity will live in cyberspace forever.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Or........you could use this thing they have called a towel, and you could dry the knife off and put in your butcher block and not have it sitting out at all. Duh. And I learned "blade down" when I was like 5.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
And my whole point thru all of this has been that it is mean and unnecessary to make such inflammatory comments.[QUOTE]

Really? You're going to take umbrage at mean and inflammatory comments? I knew neither that you were so sensitive nor that you had a monopoly in that regard.

[QUOTE]
I know, you can all say that is not what you meant, but that is how it is being perceived. <quoted text>
When something is clarified 5, 6, 7 times, it's on you for not understanding. You even acknowledged what was being said and the intended meaning and went on to state that you were going to ignore that and believe something else.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
Thank you for that totally useless post. Be happy knowing your stupidity will live in cyberspace forever.
<quoted text>
XOXO

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

I am having a similar problem with my turkey fryer. The peanut oil just wont come off the sides, just like a sap stuck inside the pot. Going to toss it and get a replacement.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I gave up last night.
I threw it away.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
Oh no! Is it bad enough to require stitches?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I would strongly recommend getting a Le Creuset enamel-coated cast iron. They work awesome and last forever and clean up very easily. I find them sometimes for around half-price at TJ Maxx/Marshall's. I also see the Cuisinart version which doesn't look to be too bad of a substitute, and it's about 30-40% cheaper.
Yeah I've gotten le creuset pan cheap at Marshall's before, but I liked the lightweightness of this one.
my grieving is nearly done.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I gave up last night.
I threw it away.
Can you get it back?

Get some dishwasher detergent. Pour it n teh bottom, fill with a little water, no more than 2 inches. Simmer. Scrape teh bottom occasionally. You want to get at least a line of stainless showing through. Keep scarping and keep simmering.

My husband does this all the time with spaghetti sauce and my Revere ware still comes clean eventually

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

You are a complete Asw.
Go apologize and act like a normal person for once in your life.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
When something is clarified 5, 6, 7 times, it's on you for not understanding. You even acknowledged what was being said and the intended meaning and went on to state that you were going to ignore that and believe something else.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Don'tforge to mention what those things weigh, empty, much less filled with food. They are enamel covered cast iron

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Probably, but it was a very slim blade, not like a butcher knife. Packed it with neosporin (sp) and a butterfly bandage. Besides the knife was just cleaned.

Hey sam! If you want, wish gangrene or tetanus on me, I dont mind.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! Is it bad enough to require stitches?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

The pot I was cleaning was just about as heavy as my dutch oven It has like a 3/8 base of solid stainless.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Don'tforge to mention what those things weigh, empty, much less filled with food. They are enamel covered cast iron

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,261 - 80,280 of97,438
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search