Comments
80,241 - 80,260 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

#81338 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
Fine, I interpret that to mean that you believe religious choice is based upon the arbitrary condition of how the feel in their heart.
Win/Win.
<quoted text>
You are the epitome of someone who will take any and all information presented and manipulate it and shoehorn it into your preconceived/predetermined position.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#81339 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
Your like one of those stupid little dogs that bite at a persons heels. But I know your not little.
<quoted text>
Come to Vegas and you can see for yourself!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#81340 Feb 26, 2013
so, you think people choose their religion based upon the color of the sky on a particular day, or how healthy a dump they took?

(wipes butt, looks in bowl....Well, that a protestant crap if I ever saw one.)

Thats even worse than sams claim that their just sheeple going thru the motions they were brought up to mimic, like her own experience.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Arbitrary: Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Neda, stay with me!

#81341 Feb 26, 2013
If you really cared, you would buy my ticket.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Come to Vegas and you can see for yourself!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#81343 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
so, you think people choose their religion based upon the color of the sky on a particular day, or how healthy a dump they took?
Thats even worse than sams claim that their just sheeple going thru the motions they were brought up to mimic, like her own experience.
<quoted text>
Nope, I didn't say that. One's religion is largely determined according to where you are born in the world and to what parents, which is completely random.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#81344 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Do you eat with that mouth? You've had a problem about people respecting your religious choices and this comes out of your keyboard?

I don't care if you are trying to describe the words in other people's mouths -- that's just gross.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81345 Feb 26, 2013
crunchy bacon wrote:
Oh man- the roads are a mess! It's slowed down but I don think its over yet.
Well, well, haven't seen you for a while. Hope this was not posted while driving

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Cedar Grove, TN

#81346 Feb 26, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Do you eat with that mouth? You've had a problem about people respecting your religious choices and this comes out of your keyboard?
I don't care if you are trying to describe the words in other people's mouths -- that's just gross.
Welcome to Race's recipe for debate. A cup of misrepresentation, a quart of obstinance, 2 cups ignorance, 2 cups stubbornness, a quarter-cup of self-pity, a cup-and-a-half of incivility, and a gallon of hypocrisy.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81347 Feb 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Stephen Hawking believes in God. He mentions God a few times in "A Brief History of Time." He doesn't see a conflict in believing in God and in following science.
But he does not believe in a God like the Western religions preach, so I think that is why he was not on the original list.

I very firmly believe that we are all free to believe what we want, without having to justify our faith or lack of faith to each other. I am just getting upset with some people's insistence that having faith or a belief in a God is in and of itself proof of lack of intelligence.

Neda, stay with me!

#81348 Feb 26, 2013
Well, I could dispute the randomness of one's birth, but thats another discussion.
I will concede the point that environment can play a large part in one's choice. But I still maintain that one does indeed choose, and choosing involves cognizant thought, which is still contrary to sams claim that religious choice is devoid of thought.

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I didn't say that. One's religion is largely determined according to where you are born in the world and to what parents, which is completely random.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#81349 Feb 26, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
But he does not believe in a God like the Western religions preach, so I think that is why he was not on the original list.
I very firmly believe that we are all free to believe what we want, without having to justify our faith or lack of faith to each other. I am just getting upset with some people's insistence that having faith or a belief in a God is in and of itself proof of lack of intelligence.
I agree.

Neda, stay with me!

#81350 Feb 26, 2013
No, I eat thru my ass and regurgitate random diatribes.
So, how about you point out what was so offensive about my post. The word arbitrary, even by subs definition seems to support my statement. I have no clue what arbitrary values he is using. After all, thats completely random now aint it?

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>

Neda, stay with me!

#81351 Feb 26, 2013
wipes butt, looks in bowl...
Hey! Its sam!
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Race's recipe for debate. A cup of misrepresentation, a quart of obstinance, 2 cups ignorance, 2 cups stubbornness, a quarter-cup of self-pity, a cup-and-a-half of incivility, and a gallon of hypocrisy.

Neda, stay with me!

#81352 Feb 26, 2013
So I was washing a huge (12qt) SS pot that I use for cooking pasta and after rinsing it out, I flipped it over to rinse the outside and I jammed my forearm right into a knife I had used to slice tomatoes that was in the strainer... I mean I jammed it hard too (damn pot is heavy). And I immediately thought of the conversation we had here awhile back about letting knives dry business end up or down. I have now changed my position and believe those sharp pointy devices should ALWAYS be business end DOWN! I dont care if they rust, I will go out and buy another GD set if they do!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81353 Feb 26, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I am just getting upset with some people's insistence that having faith or a belief in a God is in and of itself proof of lack of intelligence.
I would, too. I used to believe. So now I don't. Does that mean I'm smarter now? No.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81354 Feb 26, 2013
My 8 quart stainless tall sauce pan has died. When I made that last batch of chili, somehow I allowed the garlic/onions/peppers to burn on the bottom and after two weeks of soaking and scrubbing with SOS pads (which got ruined quickly), I could not get the thick black layer of sludge off the bottom of my pan.

I gave up last night.

I threw it away.

Now I need a new sauce pot.:(

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#81355 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
wipes butt, looks in bowl...
Hey! Its sam!
<quoted text>
Hey! Are you 4?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#81356 Feb 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
So I was washing a huge (12qt) SS pot that I use for cooking pasta and after rinsing it out, I flipped it over to rinse the outside and I jammed my forearm right into a knife I had used to slice tomatoes that was in the strainer... I mean I jammed it hard too (damn pot is heavy). And I immediately thought of the conversation we had here awhile back about letting knives dry business end up or down. I have now changed my position and believe those sharp pointy devices should ALWAYS be business end DOWN! I dont care if they rust, I will go out and buy another GD set if they do!
Or........you could use this thing they have called a towel, and you could dry the knife off and put in your butcher block and not have it sitting out at all. Duh. And I learned "blade down" when I was like 5.

Neda, stay with me!

#81357 Feb 26, 2013
Well, there you have it. See! I am not saying it upsets me to have people say (or imply) that, but to some people, that is the impression being presented. And my whole point thru all of this has been that it is mean and unnecessary to make such inflammatory comments.

I know, you can all say that is not what you meant, but that is how it is being perceived. You folk talk about religious choice not being thought out properly....Maybe you should practice what your preaching before you hit the enter key and post your comments.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am just getting upset with some people's insistence that having faith or a belief in a God is in and of itself proof of lack of intelligence.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Knoxville, TN

#81359 Feb 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My 8 quart stainless tall sauce pan has died. When I made that last batch of chili, somehow I allowed the garlic/onions/peppers to burn on the bottom and after two weeks of soaking and scrubbing with SOS pads (which got ruined quickly), I could not get the thick black layer of sludge off the bottom of my pan.
I gave up last night.
I threw it away.
Now I need a new sauce pot.:(
I would strongly recommend getting a Le Creuset enamel-coated cast iron. They work awesome and last forever and clean up very easily. I find them sometimes for around half-price at TJ Maxx/Marshall's. I also see the Cuisinart version which doesn't look to be too bad of a substitute, and it's about 30-40% cheaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Teaman 1,100,527
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 41 min J RULES 68,997
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,409
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr Candy4Me 7,751
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,379
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr newpoly 1,910
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,656
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE