|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Sorry tonka, but I dont believe sam has the "right" to "Judge" or Critisize" anyones religious choices
To even suggest that you can denounce another's religious beliefs based upon your own personal standard is an example of extreme arrogance.
Hey dum dum, I am not criticizing anyone's religious choice. I am criticizing the lack of a choice, the failure to explore/consider anything beyond that which was handed down to you.

As far as stating things as my opinion and not as a given or a fact, look in the mirror, bub. You are the king of "My way or the highway." Hypocrite, heal thyself.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
Even if they dropped in for say, a day or just overnight, it would be infinitely less stressful for me than them showing up an hour after I get off work on Friday and staying until 9:00 Sunday night.
I agree that would be the worst part. M needs some decompression time from the week, amiright?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

The day I owe you any explanation will be the day the world ends.
speaking of worthless Pot meet Kettle.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I characterized the manner in which you arrived at your you current religious framework. You chastized me for not actually knowing, but you didn't say that I was wrong or right, and I invited you to clarify. Without you clarifying, your "you don't know" comment is pretty stupid and worthless.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

So you think its ok to criticize someone if you do it under the guise of not blasting their "choice", but rather their "lack of choice"?

No matter how you slice it, you are bashing someones religious choice, which is what you alway do. Your arrogance towards people who have a faith is plain as day.

What possible concern is it to you how someone arrived at their choice? Who says you get to decide whether they arrived there in a satisfactory manner, and who made you the religious choice cop?

To put is simply
You do not have the right to criticize anyones religious choices. None, nada! That means you dont have the right to criticize their "Lack of choice" either. It is not for you to decide these things, You dont get to tell someone they are or not using their brains because they did or did not arrive at a choice the way you feel they should have, so get off you high horse about it!
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dum dum, I am not criticizing anyone's religious choice. I am criticizing the lack of a choice, the failure to explore/consider anything beyond that which was handed down to you.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RACE wrote:
The day I owe you any explanation will be the day the world ends.
speaking of worthless Pot meet Kettle.
<quoted text>
Fine, just keep making unsupported statements. It's what you're best at.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

There have been many exchanges and I can't remember everything that has been said, but I don't think Sam has said anything that much different than what I said, Race.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Or much different than what Tonka has said.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
So you think its ok to criticize someone if you do it under the guise of not blasting their "choice", but rather their "lack of choice"?
No matter how you slice it, you are bashing someones religious choice, which is what you alway do. Your arrogance towards people who have a faith is plain as day.
What possible concern is it to you how someone arrived at their choice? Who says you get to decide whether they arrived there in a satisfactory manner, and who made you the religious choice cop?
To put is simply
You do not have the right to criticize anyones religious choices. None, nada! That means you dont have the right to criticize their "Lack of choice" either. It is not for you to decide these things, You dont get to tell someone they are or not using their brains because they did or did not arrive at a choice the way you feel they should have, so get off you high horse about it!
<quoted text>
Ahhhh, I see the problem, you silly boy. You didn't know that we're in an internet forum where it is commonplace for people to express their opinions on the topic at hand. It happens all the time! For example, guns are discussed from time to time, and some people choose to label as idiots those who would seek to limit gun ownership rights. I know that you would never condemn anyone in such a harsh manner, but you should beware that such behavior does occur from time to time.

You of all people telling anyone what they can or cannot approve of or criticize, what rights they do or do not have is hilarious.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Hey Race, some girlfriends and I just booked our weekend in Vegas the fourth weekend in June. Would you like to come out and be our cabana boy? Or maybe you could bring along your gun and be our security team!

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Nowhere in here have I said that people who have faith are dumb or are too dumb to think for themselves. Nowhere.
Uh... that's been your main theme on every post on this discussion.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
I don't think Sam has said anything that much different than what I said, Race.
Sublime1 wrote:
Or much different than what Tonka has said.
I agree. You're all saying the same thing: people of faith are mindless drones incapable of independent thought and instead blindly follow what their parents say.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

I went online to shop for an ivory/cream blouse for a friend's wedding (she had grey skirts made for the three of us, and then asked us to buy our own tops in ivory/cream).

I found one, and also this, which I love (and bought):

http://www.qvc.com/K-DASH-by-Kardashian-Pytho...

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I went online to shop for an ivory/cream blouse for a friend's wedding (she had grey skirts made for the three of us, and then asked us to buy our own tops in ivory/cream).
I found one, and also this, which I love (and bought):
http://www.qvc.com/K-DASH-by-Kardashian-Pytho...
OMG! It's gorgeous, girlfriend!!

;p

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I agree. You're all saying the same thing: people of faith are mindless drones incapable of independent thought and instead blindly follow what their parents say.
Nope, neither of us has said that religious folks are incapable of independent thought.

Sam has repeatedly said it's not that they are incapable, but that they choose not to do so.

Me, I said, it is one area where many seemingly intelligent folks fail to think critically.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Your such a twit.
Calling someone an idiot because they believe in limiting how many guns another person should own, is in no way comparable to calling someone an idiot because you dont like their religious choice.

If you cant see that, maybe its time you emptied your brain and tried filling it up again.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh, I see the problem, you silly boy. You didn't know that we're in an internet forum where it is commonplace for people to express their opinions on the topic at hand. It happens all the time! For example, guns are discussed from time to time, and some people choose to label as idiots those who would seek to limit gun ownership rights. I know that you would never condemn anyone in such a harsh manner, but you should beware that such behavior does occur from time to time.
You of all people telling anyone what they can or cannot approve of or criticize, what rights they do or do not have is hilarious.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Depends, are the other girls "Real girls" or just transvestites like yourself?
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Hey Race, some girlfriends and I just booked our weekend in Vegas the fourth weekend in June. Would you like to come out and be our cabana boy? Or maybe you could bring along your gun and be our security team!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
Me, I said, it is one area where many seemingly intelligent folks fail to think critically.
And that's where "faith" comes in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! It's gorgeous, girlfriend!!
;p
And that color is SO YOU, Sub!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

And I say she is standing on semantics, and she really means that people who have a faith are dumb for having faith, and even dumber if the have the same one their parents do.

She is trying to split hairs and appear polite about calling some people stupid.

And I dont care if she disputes that, because you wont change my mind about her intent.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam has repeatedly said it's not that they are incapable, but that they choose not to do so.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

So, it's winter here in chicago, and as some of you might be aware we get snow storms here every now and again... the class whiner has been carrying on for at least an hour and a half about how this person and that person is driving an says the roads are crap, and she's taking her "lunch" late and just going home...(and that's a long lunch she's planning as well) not sure how much longer before i snap at her...

I now return you to your regular programming...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 80,221 - 80,240 of96,262
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Jesus Christ 1,036,600
Amy 4-19 15 min boundary painter 15
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min litesong 43,149
word in common game (Aug '13) 21 min boundary painter 21
Abby 4-23 27 min Mister Tonka 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min KiMare 47,170
Abby 4-22 31 min Mister Tonka 38
Amy 4-23 2 hr edogxxx 38
ask amy 4-22 4 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE