Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
But do you respect their faith? Sam does not, she ridicules it.
<quoted text>
What do you mean, respect their faith? I respect that it's their choice to make. IMO, it's one area where many seemingly intelligent people fail to think critically.

Am I going to mock them or be all up in their face about it; nope? If they want to say Grace while I am in their home or even if they want to say Grace before dinner in mine, I'll close my eyes and bow my head and think of hot naked boobies, while they do their thing!

I'm not antagonistic about it, IRL, but do I respect their faith ... I don't know what you mean by that?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Your an idiot, your actually going to argue that accusing a person of not using their brain is not the same as calling them stupid?
Even when you DO use your brain, you're stupid.
<quoted text>
I believe you should stipulate this applies to an adult person.

My non-adult persons are decidedly NOT stupid, but they fail to use their brains all the time. I let it slide because they're children.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
I still dont get your point? Why is it necessary to shop around for a religion? They all offer eternal salvation, and most offer eternal damnation too. Choosing a religion is not to get the "Best deal on heaven" You choose one you are comfortable with. One who's teachings you agree with, not which one offers a heaven with heated seats. If this happens to be the one you were raised in, then so much the better. You dont need to travel the world if everything you want is in your own back yard.
<quoted text>
If I viewed the fact that my internal salvation involved worshiping a god, I'd probably wanna take at least a little bit of time to make sure I was following the right religion and worshiping the true god in the manner he wishes, given all the choices. If this doesn't matter and it's all about what I like, then why even worship a god, if that's what I like? Or better yet, if it's just choosing the one I'm most comfortable with ... well, shyte I'm most comfortable worshiping the FSM. I kind of like the idea of a stripper factory in heaven and a beer volcano. The FSM sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to go out on the town with.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
His family lives in NW Indiana, close to where I'm originally from.
I don't feel I should have to entertain two grown-ass adults. Plus, if they've got all this spare time to be spending weekends here, they should get jobs.
Gently start discussing about how they will need to help pay for the wedding and set money aside to start their own home.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

That is what I meant by it. You're saying that you will respect their right to have a faith, and not call them a mindless sheeple for believing in a sky god, Even though you may think exactly that.

Sam openly debases people for believing and their faith specifically.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean, respect their faith? I respect that it's their choice to make.
Am I going to mock them or be all up in their face about it; nope?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Well, i am not the one accusing someone of not using their brain because they follow the same religious faith as their parents.

Did you know that according to sam, you dont use your brain for that very reason, and later in life, if your children stay in the faith you raised them in, they too will be guilty of not using their brains? How does it fee to (cough!) NOT be called stupid for following your faith?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you should stipulate this applies to an adult person.
My non-adult persons are decidedly NOT stupid, but they fail to use their brains all the time. I let it slide because they're children.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

See! Now you're getting it!
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If this doesn't matter and it's all about what I like, then why even worship a god, if that's what I like? Or better yet, if it's just choosing the one I'm most comfortable with ... well, shyte I'm most comfortable worshiping the FSM. I kind of like the idea of a stripper factory in heaven and a beer volcano. The FSM sounds like the kind of guy I'd like to go out on the town with.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Ry has a friend who likes to write him notes when she is done with her classwork. Unfortunately, she is not very good at spelling (they are in first grade, so I don't expect much from anyone except my own child).

Today's note read "Dear Ry, I like your shart. From (your friend)" I am pretty sure she meant shirt, but I can't stop laughing.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, that's part of the nature of an internet forum. I think a lot of people take their filter off or turn it down a few notches when it comes to expressing their views.

I'm pretty sure if we were all out for drinks, we wouldn't be debating the nature of god, arguing over Amby letters, or politics. In contrast, discussing these things are an almost daily occurrence (because it gives us something to discuss and take a stance on, talk about, and receive feedback and different perspectives), however IRL with friends and associates, I almost never get in passionate debates about these things. When it comes to religion, at most I may say, I'm agnostic and that is something I generally only share with close friends and my immediate family. Except for those I am very close with, I don't share my intimate thoughts on many issues discussed. I tend to do that more so on here.

You all are my sounding board sometimes. IRL, I'm much more introspective when it comes to these things and I want to have fun, not argue when around people.

I presume Sam and many others are no different on here.

I think Tonka quite a long time ago touched on this.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Gently start discussing about how they will need to help pay for the wedding and set money aside to start their own home.
Help? I don't think Matilda and J are paying for it....

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
His family lives in NW Indiana, close to where I'm originally from.
I don't feel I should have to entertain two grown-ass adults. Plus, if they've got all this spare time to be spending weekends here, they should get jobs.
Agreed. Jobs, or join activities to make more friends. Even if they do stuff TOGETHER with other people, it sounds like they both could stand to be better socialized.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's my problem with saying something. She's not welcome at her parent's house, really. I mean, they'd say she was but their actions indicate the exact opposite. If she doesn't have our home, she has no home, and that's not really right. I just would like enough time to pass where I actually look forward to seeing her again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and all that.
Again, agreed. It's not that you won't let her "come home" but she needs to start making a life for herself independently. And bringing the fiance every time IS a burden no matter how you slice it. By all means she should not be treated as a houseguest who needs to be entertained.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, we all troll sometimes, I personally find it beneath myself to mock someones religion, or mock them personally for having a faith though. I just dont see the point, and its bad karma for me.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, that's part of the nature of an internet forum. I think a lot of people take their filter off or turn it down a few notches when it comes to expressing their views.
I'm pretty sure if we were all out for drinks, we wouldn't be debating the nature of god, arguing over Amby letters, or politics. In contrast, discussing these things are an almost daily occurrence (because it gives us something to discuss and take a stance on, talk about, and receive feedback and different perspectives), however IRL with friends and associates, I almost never get in passionate debates about these things. When it comes to religion, at most I may say, I'm agnostic and that is something I generally only share with close friends and my immediate family. Except for those I am very close with, I don't share my intimate thoughts on many issues discussed. I tend to do that more so on here.
You all are my sounding board sometimes. IRL, I'm much more introspective when it comes to these things and I want to have fun, not argue when around people.
I presume Sam and many others are no different on here.
I think Tonka quite a long time ago touched on this.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I can't imagine someone on disability has any money to pay for any wedding.
She's got money for cigarettes.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
Well, i am not the one accusing someone of not using their brain because they follow the same religious faith as their parents.
Did you know that according to sam, you dont use your brain for that very reason, and later in life, if your children stay in the faith you raised them in, they too will be guilty of not using their brains? How does it fee to (cough!) NOT be called stupid for following your faith?
<quoted text>
I'm confused, how's that?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

sam says that people who "adopt" the religion they are presented with are not using their brains. Now, that does not mean your stupid ya see,just that your not using your brain. I dont want to put words in her mouth, but I guess she might be saying you are being "Willfully ignorant"?

sam says that you need to examine other religions (but she does not say what you should be looking for, so good luck with that). Then after meditation and consideration, and weighing the pro's and cons of each religious practice, then (and only then) will you have used your brain in a manner that she agrees with, and you are free to follow any faith you choose.

But to like your current faith without sampling others is just crazy. How can you like vanilla if you have never tried strawberry?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm confused, how's that?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
You are hilarious. And either ignorant or stupid. For you of all people to accuse someone else of debasing and to be so offended by someone having a different opinion/disagreeing with someone else's value system is RIDICULOUS. You are one of the angriest, most vitriolic posters in here when it comes to disagreeing with someone, and you're going to act so bothered because I dare to criticize the manner in which some people end up following a religion? You are a joke.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Help? I don't think Matilda and J are paying for it....
Hell to the no. You want to play grown up, then you can pay for it. We might spring for a decent photographer as our gift to them, but other than that...

One of her friends from church is getting married this summer and is taking a frugal route--wedding and reception at the church, pot luck meal, Wal-Mart cake, and I think that's what my SIL is thinking of doing. Should be doable if they both get jobs. No alcohol...*gasp!*:-/ Of course, neither will be old enough to drink anyway...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
She's got money for cigarettes.
Yep, this.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Cedar Grove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, we all troll sometimes, I personally find it beneath myself to mock someones religion, or mock them personally for having a faith though. I just dont see the point, and its bad karma for me.
<quoted text>
Funny line you have there. Wish cancer on someone, that's o.k. Criticize any aspect of their religious framework and that's bad karma.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE