Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
So, this afternoon is Polar Plunge. My MIL didn't go last year and she just backed out for this year. Seriously...it's a 2 mile drive to watch your kid jump in some water and then you go back home. Yes, it's cold out; that's what winter clothes are for. I'm not surprised but SIL is disappointed. Again.
You have said you don't expect your FIL to attend the wedding, but will your MIL show up? I am vaguely remembering some drama of that sort when you and J got married.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>You have said you don't expect your FIL to attend the wedding, but will your MIL show up? I am vaguely remembering some drama of that sort when you and J got married.
Yeah, she will. I think. It wasn't too bad. She sobbed the entire ceremony and then split immediately after the formalities. Didn't help with any of the planning and didn't pay for anything, which was probably for the better.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you shouldn't let it bother you. The truly weak minded have to insult others in order to feel superior.
Dam stupid liberals...
Right. Republicans are perfect.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

I can't imagine someone on disability has any money to pay for any wedding.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
You asked about where I find so many ciders. I was at Total Wine today. Took pictures of the selection.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1127086148327081...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked about where I find so many ciders. I was at Total Wine today. Took pictures of the selection.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1127086148327081...
Sigh.

I am told that I have been going to the wrong stores and that if I shopped in the City as opposed to the 'burbs, I would have a better selection.
Some of those I have never seen before ;Somersby and Kelly.

Have you tried the Redd Apple Ale? They are advertising it on a huge billboard by the commuter station, and it caught my attention.

I need to drink the stuff I have and on the current diet a bottle of cider counts as a cheat. Sigh.

(Billy Bob Tonka? Really?)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

I froze the left over honey baked ham from Christmas. I'll take that out to defrost, roast some squash and cheat with a cider. Mmm.

We have been in this house since 1988 and bought a new stove when we moved in. It has finally irrevocably broken. So I spent the day poring over back issues of Consumer Reports, checking on line and going to appliance stores. This time next week I will be the proud owner of a new stainless steel 5 burner range with a center griddle and a real convection oven. Woo Hoo!

(For Chi-town locals- Abt negotiates.)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh.
I am told that I have been going to the wrong stores and that if I shopped in the City as opposed to the 'burbs, I would have a better selection.
Some of those I have never seen before ;Somersby and Kelly.
Have you tried the Redd Apple Ale?
Red Apple is really in the wrong section. The name says it. Its Ale. Should be in the beer section.

Going thru the pics, I've had
-Spire Mountain(3 different brews)
-Crispin (maybe 2 )
-Woodchuck, just about ever kind they make, and its more than 10
-Blackthorn - don't think I liked it. I think that's the one that tasetd like beer
-Ace(3)
-Fox Barrel
-Hornsby's (just picked up my 3rd differnt one)
-Angry Orchard (3)
-Magners - hated
-Kelly's (2)
-Strongbow
-McKenzie's (2)
-Oliver Beanblossom
-JK Scrumpy
-Julian
-Kopparberg
PEllen wrote:
(Billy Bob Tonka? Really?)
Google said the name Mister is not a real name and would not let me use it. Tell the to former FSU linebacker Mister Alexander.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Apple is really in the wrong section. The name says it. Its Ale. Should be in the beer section.
Ale is a type of beer. I buy ales for Nick, they are kept with the lagers, stouts, IPAs, etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

White man with swastikas didn't want black nurses taking care of his newborn.

http://www.twincities.com/national/ci_2265111...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ale is a type of beer. I buy ales for Nick, they are kept with the lagers, stouts, IPAs, etc.
I know. Tht's why I said it should be in the beer section.
:)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I have a friend who married a guy who first was a county deputy then became a state trooper. Glasses/contacts aren't allowed -- you have to get lasik to become a cop. And then once you're in, you can completely let yourself go.
That's why my husband has LASIK. Vision had to be no worse than 20/100 without corrective lenses and his was 20/400.

They don't require any physical tests after you are in, but you have to qualify several times a year at the shooting range.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
So, this afternoon is Polar Plunge. My MIL didn't go last year and she just backed out for this year. Seriously...it's a 2 mile drive to watch your kid jump in some water and then you go back home. Yes, it's cold out; that's what winter clothes are for. I'm not surprised but SIL is disappointed. Again.
Did you go with her? It was raining here, so we didn't have as many spectators as usual. The water temp was 37, probably warmer than by you :)

Unfortunately I had a migraine because of the air pressure, but I still did the plunge and then picked up some Thai food on the way home to help warm me up (medium spicy).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I know. Tht's why I said it should be in the beer section.
:)
I completely misunderstod what you had psoted. My own fautl.:)

Jess: My thai food is a 2 ona 5 scale and I think my ass will be on fire tomorrow. Nick: "Why did you think you could handle a 2?"

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I completely misunderstod what you had psoted. My own fautl.:)

Jess: My thai food is a 2 ona 5 scale and I think my ass will be on fire tomorrow. Nick: "Why did you think you could handle a 2?"
I had two friends who used to order 5 and ask for extra peppers on the side. They would turn red and sweat as they were eating, but would be smiling the whole time.

I can handle 3, but the place I order from now doesn't ask for numbers. I tell them medium spicy and there is just the right amount of heat and flavor in the Pad See Ew for me.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely misunderstod what you had psoted. My own fautl.:)
We had a friend who was in Viet Nam who introduced us to Thai food when I was still in college- pre 1971. His advice was to always eat ice cream afterwards so that the next morning you could cheer C'mon, ice cream, c'mon ice cream.

We have some really good Thai around here. I have some of the seasonings in the house. Those have kept me going in the diet- Chicken broth with (legal) vegetables and a couple dollops of Thai Red Curry paste does a very good job of making me feel full and warm. The stuff is not Indian curry tasting

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>Did you go with her? It was raining here, so we didn't have as many spectators as usual. The water temp was 37, probably warmer than by you :)

Unfortunately I had a migraine because of the air pressure, but I still did the plunge and then picked up some Thai food on the way home to help warm me up (medium spicy).
Yeah, we went and held their stuff and took pictures. Was a very good turnout all around. SIL's fiancé lost his glasses in the water. It was warmer out than last year, but it's been a colder winter overall so the water was colder.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, we went and held their stuff and took pictures. Was a very good turnout all around. SIL's fiancé lost his glasses in the water. It was warmer out than last year, but it's been a colder winter overall so the water was colder.
I know we say this a lot, but you and J are awesome!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

My computer is down. Major virus shit going on. Need to take my tower to nicks tomorrow. Wifi works!

Mimi you are a huge animal softie based on your fb posts.

I WANT A KITTEN. More on my plan later.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

These people make me laugh. Ha ha

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/45-peop...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search