|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
it's a pile used to manipulate weak minded fools.
Glad you're so strong-minded to be immoral, Godless, and filled with hatred for those who don't share your views.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
You will be missed.
Ha! As if!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're so strong-minded to be immoral, Godless, and filled with hatred for those who don't share your views.
Yes, because you're so compasionate and act in such a Christian manner. What a joke. If Jesus was walking down the sidewalk and saw you coming his direction, he'd cross the street.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get hatred from Moon's post at all and just b/c someone has different beliefs does not make them immmoral.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Christwire is satirical. It's amusing if you don't take it seriously. It's actually a good follow on Facebook.
Cool. I was thinking it was like the Onion, but I'd never encountered it before. Thanks.:)

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

The Jesus, Mary, Joseph thing... I don't want to get involved, but we need to remember that with history, aside from written records and some physical evidence, we either accept or not. Period.

Unless one was there, in person, we really have no idea if so and so existed or if such and such happened. We accept evidence as likely and therefore say it/he/she/they did exist/happen because it's likely.

But really, if I can't see it with my own eyes, there's no way to say with 100% accuracy that it (whatever) was real. Anyway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiquities_of_t...

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/jesusr...

I *think* Josephus' accounts of historical people and events have been called into question, but don't quote me on that. Not really my area of expertise.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! It is possible to be good without God.

Moon can fight her own battles but I just felt the need to get that out.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

This conversation is making me sad. I know that I wasn't personally being attacked, and Moon has been nothing but kind to and supportive of me through my personal crises of late, but still... It hurts to be called a "manipulated weak minded fool" even indirectly.
:(

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get hatred from Moon's post at all and just b/c someone has different beliefs does not make them immmoral.
To edogg, godless = immoral

Ever see that tv series 30 Days? Each episode had a person spend 30 days immersing themselves in a particular lifestyle with which they are unfamiliar. One episode had an atheist go live with a devout christian family.

The things that stood ut to me most:

The atheist saw her church and the amount of people, and her first thought was about how much money must be going into the collection plate.

The christian family openly had zero comprehension of how she could teach her kids right from wrong without the bible or some other recorded doctrine. It was difficult for them to comprehend that there was no athiest manifesto of sorts.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

jmw, you rely on God to get you through tough times. That makes you weak-minded.

I rely on booze. That makes me a drunk.

;)~

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

And I hope you took that in the joking spirit in which it was intended! You know Mindy? She loves Jesus like there's no tomorrow and to me, she's like you, an idea Christian -- keeps it personal (not necessarily to yourself--there's a difference) and doesn't care what other people do/believe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

My friend's attitude is, "if someone as bad as me can be accepted by and forgiven by Jesus, then that's a good thing for everybody else." :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

A st. Paul cop, age 30, died this week of a heart attack chasing a suspect. he was obese.

I don't understand why police officers don't have to maintain some sort of minimum standards of physical fitness like the military requires.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
A st. Paul cop, age 30, died this week of a heart attack chasing a suspect. he was obese.

I don't understand why police officers don't have to maintain some sort of minimum standards of physical fitness like the military requires.
I was asking a cop friend about that the other day. At least locally, they just have to pass the initial fitness test, then nothing after that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking a cop friend about that the other day. At least locally, they just have to pass the initial fitness test, then nothing after that.
Yeah, I have a friend who married a guy who first was a county deputy then became a state trooper. Glasses/contacts aren't allowed -- you have to get lasik to become a cop. And then once you're in, you can completely let yourself go.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Chicago's finest stereotypically have a beer belly or are so young you would ask for an ID to serve them a beer

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

So, this afternoon is Polar Plunge. My MIL didn't go last year and she just backed out for this year. Seriously...it's a 2 mile drive to watch your kid jump in some water and then you go back home. Yes, it's cold out; that's what winter clothes are for. I'm not surprised but SIL is disappointed. Again.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
So, this afternoon is Polar Plunge. My MIL didn't go last year and she just backed out for this year. Seriously...it's a 2 mile drive to watch your kid jump in some water and then you go back home. Yes, it's cold out; that's what winter clothes are for. I'm not surprised but SIL is disappointed. Again.
Right!? It's not like she's taking the plunge herself!

(what's the matter with you people? There's nothing better I like to do more when it's 20 degrees outside than to jump into a body of ice-cold water)

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
it hurts to be called a "manipulated weak minded fool" even indirectly.
Oh, you shouldn't let it bother you. The truly weak minded have to insult others in order to feel superior.

Dam stupid liberals...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,921 - 79,940 of97,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,072,040
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,151
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,602
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min ritedownthemiddle 45,466
Blood on the Fourth of July 48 min reality is a crutch 1
Amy 7-11 1 hr Kuuipo 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,529
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info