Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

so... i'm not on facebook in part so that i don't have to deal with the drama that gets played out there... so, in return for that, i now get to hear the blow-by-blow replays of my co-worker's sister drama...

argh.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Is she Hot?
Aisle Sitter wrote:
so... i'm not on facebook in part so that i don't have to deal with the drama that gets played out there... so, in return for that, i now get to hear the blow-by-blow replays of my co-worker's sister drama...
argh.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
argh.
Heh. Heck,*I* get to hear about Nick's coworker's sister's drama!!!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Does anyone know if this is for real? I checked Snopes and didn't find anything.

http://christwire.org/2009/11/will-there-be-m...

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

I think this quote is your answer.
the Chinese attacked poor, young Americans who were serving their country on the beaches of Hawaii. They aligned themselves with the Barbarian German NAZIs, another group of minorities, to try to bring darkness all through the world.

This guy is probably an email buddy of edog
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Does anyone know if this is for real? I checked Snopes and didn't find anything.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

I found out today that a co-worker (not in the office with me, works in Texas) was on that Carnival cruise that got stranded. And it was his WEDDING & honeymoon. He said Carnival is bending over backwards to give them stuff, though.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but just because it's not accurate in all regards doesn't necessarily mean that Mary, Joseph, or what have you are fiction
No, but it's not proof they did exist, either.
"The Winds of War" is historical fiction, not a history book.
"Anne of a Thousand Days" is not a history book. They both deal with real people and real events, and contain fictional characters interacting with real people, but that does not make the fictional characters real people.
I have no problem with others' faith, but I'm not going to say I think that those people are real when I have never seen any evidence of their existence.
Besides, isn't that why they call it faith? Have faith, but don't expect me to say that yes, they existed. Just have faith.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

My dog is giving me such a guilt trip.

He is standing on the boat looking at me..."cmone, lets go for a boat ride..."

How do you tell a dog that the damn boat is broke and we cant go for a boatride?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
I don't even know where to begin...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I found out today that a co-worker (not in the office with me, works in Texas) was on that Carnival cruise that got stranded. And it was his WEDDING & honeymoon. He said Carnival is bending over backwards to give them stuff, though.
If they can make it through that, the marriage should last forever.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
I googled. Wikipedia has this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christwire

"Christwire is a satirical website that publishes blog-style articles that highlight excesses of American Christian conservatives along with obscure weather reportage, inaccurate and unfactual warnings about such things as politicians and video games, new vernacular, intense focus on various communities, and numerous parenting and lifestyle tips."

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
My dog is giving me such a guilt trip.
He is standing on the boat looking at me..."cmone, lets go for a boat ride..."
How do you tell a dog that the damn boat is broke and we cant go for a boatride?
If you give that dog a steak he'll forget about the boat.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Yeah, but then I wont have any dinner...
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
If you give that dog a steak he'll forget about the boat.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>No, but it's not proof they did exist, either.
"The Winds of War" is historical fiction, not a history book.
"Anne of a Thousand Days" is not a history book. They both deal with real people and real events, and contain fictional characters interacting with real people, but that does not make the fictional characters real people.
I have no problem with others' faith, but I'm not going to say I think that those people are real when I have never seen any evidence of their existence.
Besides, isn't that why they call it faith? Have faith, but don't expect me to say that yes, they existed. Just have faith.
I don't expect you to say they existed. I took exception with you saying they didn't exist, because you don't know that this was actually the case.

Maybe a better way to have said it would have been I don't believe they exist. They way you said it made it sound like it was a factual assertion.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>If they can make it through that, the marriage should last forever.
That's what I was thinking: should be all downhill from here!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect you to say they existed. I took exception with you saying they didn't exist, because you don't know that this was actually the case.
Maybe a better way to have said it would have been I don't believe they exist. They way you said it made it sound like it was a factual assertion.
Fine, I don't believe it. AFAIC it's a pile used to manipulate weak minded fools.
Y'all have a good winter and spring, I'm going to be busy and gone for awhile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:

I'm thinking not, by the titles of these articles:

http://christwire.org/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Fine, I don't believe it. AFAIC it's a pile used to manipulate weak minded fools.
Y'all have a good winter and spring, I'm going to be busy and gone for awhile.
Take care of yourself, Moon. You will be missed.

:)

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Christwire is satirical. It's amusing if you don't take it seriously. It's actually a good follow on Facebook.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

NWmoon wrote:
it's a pile used to manipulate weak minded fools.
Glad you're so strong-minded to be immoral, Godless, and filled with hatred for those who don't share your views.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min THE DEVIL 1,085,048
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,468
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr bosshog 3,854
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr truthrconsequences 49,034
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr nono 6,594
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 1,882
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ask Amy 8-1-14 8 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE