“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#81012 Feb 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're so strong-minded to be immoral, Godless, and filled with hatred for those who don't share your views.
Hey! It is possible to be good without God.

Moon can fight her own battles but I just felt the need to get that out.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#81013 Feb 22, 2013
This conversation is making me sad. I know that I wasn't personally being attacked, and Moon has been nothing but kind to and supportive of me through my personal crises of late, but still... It hurts to be called a "manipulated weak minded fool" even indirectly.
:(

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81014 Feb 22, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't get hatred from Moon's post at all and just b/c someone has different beliefs does not make them immmoral.
To edogg, godless = immoral

Ever see that tv series 30 Days? Each episode had a person spend 30 days immersing themselves in a particular lifestyle with which they are unfamiliar. One episode had an atheist go live with a devout christian family.

The things that stood ut to me most:

The atheist saw her church and the amount of people, and her first thought was about how much money must be going into the collection plate.

The christian family openly had zero comprehension of how she could teach her kids right from wrong without the bible or some other recorded doctrine. It was difficult for them to comprehend that there was no athiest manifesto of sorts.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81015 Feb 22, 2013
jmw, you rely on God to get you through tough times. That makes you weak-minded.

I rely on booze. That makes me a drunk.

;)~

Location hidden

#81016 Feb 22, 2013
And I hope you took that in the joking spirit in which it was intended! You know Mindy? She loves Jesus like there's no tomorrow and to me, she's like you, an idea Christian -- keeps it personal (not necessarily to yourself--there's a difference) and doesn't care what other people do/believe.

Location hidden

#81017 Feb 22, 2013
My friend's attitude is, "if someone as bad as me can be accepted by and forgiven by Jesus, then that's a good thing for everybody else." :)

Location hidden

#81018 Feb 22, 2013
A st. Paul cop, age 30, died this week of a heart attack chasing a suspect. he was obese.

I don't understand why police officers don't have to maintain some sort of minimum standards of physical fitness like the military requires.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#81019 Feb 23, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81020 Feb 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
A st. Paul cop, age 30, died this week of a heart attack chasing a suspect. he was obese.

I don't understand why police officers don't have to maintain some sort of minimum standards of physical fitness like the military requires.
I was asking a cop friend about that the other day. At least locally, they just have to pass the initial fitness test, then nothing after that.

Location hidden

#81021 Feb 23, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking a cop friend about that the other day. At least locally, they just have to pass the initial fitness test, then nothing after that.
Yeah, I have a friend who married a guy who first was a county deputy then became a state trooper. Glasses/contacts aren't allowed -- you have to get lasik to become a cop. And then once you're in, you can completely let yourself go.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#81022 Feb 23, 2013
Chicago's finest stereotypically have a beer belly or are so young you would ask for an ID to serve them a beer

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81023 Feb 23, 2013
So, this afternoon is Polar Plunge. My MIL didn't go last year and she just backed out for this year. Seriously...it's a 2 mile drive to watch your kid jump in some water and then you go back home. Yes, it's cold out; that's what winter clothes are for. I'm not surprised but SIL is disappointed. Again.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#81024 Feb 23, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
So, this afternoon is Polar Plunge. My MIL didn't go last year and she just backed out for this year. Seriously...it's a 2 mile drive to watch your kid jump in some water and then you go back home. Yes, it's cold out; that's what winter clothes are for. I'm not surprised but SIL is disappointed. Again.
Right!? It's not like she's taking the plunge herself!

(what's the matter with you people? There's nothing better I like to do more when it's 20 degrees outside than to jump into a body of ice-cold water)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#81025 Feb 23, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
it hurts to be called a "manipulated weak minded fool" even indirectly.
Oh, you shouldn't let it bother you. The truly weak minded have to insult others in order to feel superior.

Dam stupid liberals...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81026 Feb 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!? It's not like she's taking the plunge herself!
(what's the matter with you people? There's nothing better I like to do more when it's 20 degrees outside than to jump into a body of ice-cold water)
Well it is good to know that you have paid attention when so many people have told you to go jump in the lake.(noogie, noogie, cheek pinch)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#81027 Feb 23, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
You have said you don't expect your FIL to attend the wedding, but will your MIL show up? I am vaguely remembering some drama of that sort when you and J got married.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#81028 Feb 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>You have said you don't expect your FIL to attend the wedding, but will your MIL show up? I am vaguely remembering some drama of that sort when you and J got married.
Yeah, she will. I think. It wasn't too bad. She sobbed the entire ceremony and then split immediately after the formalities. Didn't help with any of the planning and didn't pay for anything, which was probably for the better.

Location hidden

#81029 Feb 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you shouldn't let it bother you. The truly weak minded have to insult others in order to feel superior.
Dam stupid liberals...
Right. Republicans are perfect.

Location hidden

#81030 Feb 23, 2013
I can't imagine someone on disability has any money to pay for any wedding.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#81031 Feb 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
You asked about where I find so many ciders. I was at Total Wine today. Took pictures of the selection.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1127086148327081...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RealDave 1,153,502
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Learn to Read 181,762
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Boy G 51,249
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 9
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr c Everett Coop 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,006
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 3 hr joey 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:47 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:47PM
Cutler's Benching Too Little, Too Late for Bears
NBC Sports 6:32 PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
NBC Sports 7:47 PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?