Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 3,992)

Showing posts 79,821 - 79,840 of96,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80887
Feb 21, 2013
 
Wow. While I still maintain that this is NOT the same as some old perv opening his raincoat to an 8 year old, it is way more lewd than I imagined.

Google Judy Viger and you will find photos of the incident.

One in particular has a the boy sitting in a chair.
The stripper, is upside down, belly to belly with the boy. Legs over his shoulders.His face in her crotch and vice versa. She is not nude, but only wearing a thong. and top. Way inappropriate.

That would be like heaven and hell at the same time. That ain't the kind of scene I want my friggin mom present for. Also said MOM got a lap dance.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80888
Feb 21, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You think a 14-year-old PROBABLY shouldn't get a lap dance???
Oh, and Romeo and Juliet are fictional characters and Mary is thought to have been about 17 when she married Joseph. Where did you get early teens?
I've heard she was about 12/13 ish, which was fairly common back in those days. Remember, the average lifespan was around 35. You kinda had to get started a little young.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80889
Feb 21, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I think she's speaking only on how she defines the word "child", not the appropriateness of a lap dance. Legally, you are considerd a child if you are under 18, but let's be real, a 16 year old is not the equivalent of a 10 year old. Under 18, you are allowed to see R-rated movies if acompanied by an adult. When determining if you're 16 year old can see an R-rated movie with you, do you apply the same filter that you would when determining if your 10 year old can come? Shades of gray.
__________

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no shades of gray when it comes to grinding your junk in a child's face!

Not to be too Clintonian, but define "child".

A 8 year old, I absolutely agree with you.
A 14 year old, probably.
A 16 or 17 year old is not a child in my book.
__________

I was basing my response on this exchange.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80890
Feb 21, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor kid! young black girls have hair issues that white girls will never have to face (other than those few girls with naturally curly or frizzy hair).
For lack of a better way to say this, Lulu has "good" hair. She could have Beyonce hair if she wanted to, but that curl is always lurking in the background, waiting to take over.

When she woke up crying because of her hair, I remembered the opening scene from "Friday" where the show the sister trying to sleep with her head propped up on her hand, but it keeps falling off. I can totally see Lulu doing that.

Now Nunu is a totally different story. She's going to the same hairdresser next Thursday and this lady has been shown photos of the hair and she says she can get Nunu's straight too. We'll see...

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80891
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Okay, maybe Mary was an early teen, maybe a late teen... it's still apples & oranges comparing her getting married at what was considered a normal age in her culture vs. getting a lap dance.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80892
Feb 21, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
Okay, maybe Mary was an early teen, maybe a late teen... it's still apples & oranges comparing her getting married at what was considered a normal age in her culture vs. getting a lap dance.
I agree.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80893
Feb 21, 2013
 
So my co-worker who's a single dad finds out that his teenage son went home sick from school. They had the following text conversation:

Son: I throw up in the bathroom.
Dad: Learn how to spell and make sure you clean up any mess!!!

This cracks me up.

We were chatting and I was telling him he's a good dad, and he says he deals with his two teenage sons doing boneheaded things on a regular basis (their mom left 3 years ago, owes a crap-ton of child support, never sees the kids, he only sees her in court). He has them call every day when they get home and he asks about homework, etc. It sounds helicopter-y but it's really not... he's just very present, if that makes sense. He gives them their freedom but always knows what they're up to.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80894
Feb 21, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I had a horrible dream last night that I was letting Rose and Mia outside like I used to let my previous cats outside on demand, and they disappeared and never came home, and I was out searching for them, knowing I'd probably never see them again. It's a stressful way to wake up.
I hope parents don't have dreams like that about their kids!
They do. Sleeping, waking, doesn't matter. Your kid is out of your sight and you aren't sure where he is, you worry about him and try to push bad thoughts of what "could happen" out of your head.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80895
Feb 21, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
New computer came last night. I am setting it up slowly.
Windows 7 seems OK. Ta Ta Microsoft
7 is way better than 8 IMO. And Firefox over IE definitely!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80896
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

j_m_w wrote:
So my co-worker who's a single dad finds out that his teenage son went home sick from school. They had the following text conversation:
Son: I throw up in the bathroom.
Dad: Learn how to spell and make sure you clean up any mess!!!
This cracks me up.
We were chatting and I was telling him he's a good dad, and he says he deals with his two teenage sons doing boneheaded things on a regular basis (their mom left 3 years ago, owes a crap-ton of child support, never sees the kids, he only sees her in court). He has them call every day when they get home and he asks about homework, etc. It sounds helicopter-y but it's really not... he's just very present, if that makes sense. He gives them their freedom but always knows what they're up to.
Making sure kids to their homework and checking in so they realize everyday that they have a parent who cares is not helicopter in my view. It's being a parent.

If you're doing that when they're in college -- different story.:)

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80897
Feb 21, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
i've always heard -- including from theologians in documentaries,t hat she was 13, 14, 15 tops. A quick google search has these ages as well -- even as low as 12.
I'd always heard she was about 13-ish too. I think the older ages being put out by church authorities in recent years are kind of a PC-ish thing, in that "17 is less *bad* than 13." <shrug>

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80898
Feb 21, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I had a horrible dream last night that I was letting Rose and Mia outside like I used to let my previous cats outside on demand, and they disappeared and never came home, and I was out searching for them, knowing I'd probably never see them again. It's a stressful way to wake up.
I hope parents don't have dreams like that about their kids!
I'm sure they do. I have dreams about the dogs like that every once in a while.

I'm flying to Texas in a week for a girl's weekend and I've been having flying nightmares for weeks now. I am not a good flyer. Last night's involved me forgetting my Xanax at home.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80899
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

j_m_w wrote:
So my co-worker who's a single dad finds out that his teenage son went home sick from school. They had the following text conversation:
Son: I throw up in the bathroom.
Dad: Learn how to spell and make sure you clean up any mess!!!
This cracks me up.
We were chatting and I was telling him he's a good dad, and he says he deals with his two teenage sons doing boneheaded things on a regular basis (their mom left 3 years ago, owes a crap-ton of child support, never sees the kids, he only sees her in court). He has them call every day when they get home and he asks about homework, etc. It sounds helicopter-y but it's really not... he's just very present, if that makes sense. He gives them their freedom but always knows what they're up to.
Sounds like he's being both mom and dad. Not really helicopter-y, just attentive. If he's like, cutting their steak at dinner or something...yeah.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80900
Feb 21, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I had a horrible dream last night that I was letting Rose and Mia outside like I used to let my previous cats outside on demand, and they disappeared and never came home, and I was out searching for them, knowing I'd probably never see them again. It's a stressful way to wake up.
I hope parents don't have dreams like that about their kids!
Oh, hells yeah! we do. Not fun.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80901
Feb 21, 2013
 
Overheard at work: "I'm flying all the way to San Francisco on coach."

Rich people problems!
;)
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80902
Feb 21, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
Overheard at work: "I'm flying all the way to San Francisco on coach."
Rich people problems!
;)
Or tall people problems.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80903
Feb 21, 2013
 
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Or tall people problems.
In this case, rich. It was our owner.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80904
Feb 21, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
Wow. While I still maintain that this is NOT the same as some old perv opening his raincoat to an 8 year old, it is way more lewd than I imagined.
Google Judy Viger and you will find photos of the incident.
One in particular has a the boy sitting in a chair.
The stripper, is upside down, belly to belly with the boy. Legs over his shoulders.His face in her crotch and vice versa. She is not nude, but only wearing a thong. and top. Way inappropriate.
That would be like heaven and hell at the same time. That ain't the kind of scene I want my friggin mom present for. Also said MOM got a lap dance.
$10 says she has had inappropriate contact with her son.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80905
Feb 21, 2013
 
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
For lack of a better way to say this, Lulu has "good" hair. She could have Beyonce hair if she wanted to, but that curl is always lurking in the background, waiting to take over.
When she woke up crying because of her hair, I remembered the opening scene from "Friday" where the show the sister trying to sleep with her head propped up on her hand, but it keeps falling off. I can totally see Lulu doing that.
Now Nunu is a totally different story. She's going to the same hairdresser next Thursday and this lady has been shown photos of the hair and she says she can get Nunu's straight too. We'll see...
Oprah devoted a whole show to good black hair v. bad black hair. It was actually really good. She made it more about black people accepting all the different skin tones and hair types across the board that black people can have, and not making lighter skinned people "better" or that darker skinned blacks are "more black."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80906
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Making sure kids to their homework and checking in so they realize everyday that they have a parent who cares is not helicopter in my view. It's being a parent.
If you're doing that when they're in college -- different story.:)
I agree.

The other day before leaving home for the morning, Nick asked Nick Jr. if he needed his trumpet that day. "No." Or his binder for some class. "no." Then that morning Nick got a call from his kid at school. "Dad, can you bring me my trumpet and my binder?"

Nick: "No."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,821 - 79,840 of96,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,034,109
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 6 min boundary painter 7,551
Abby 4-19 8 min boundary painter 8
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min ritedownthemiddle 42,991
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 18 min arby 6,534
Amy 4-19 22 min PEllen 7
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 22 min arby 504
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••