Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#80965 Feb 21, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
I will always beat you.
Good to know! My hands were starting to get blisters!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80966 Feb 21, 2013
I hope Jesse Jackson Jr's prison sentence is similar to that of someone who embezzled a similar amount from their workplace.(meaning, I hope he didn't get a break)

Good piece on NPR yesterday on the gerry mandering of those Ilinois districts and how unnecessary it was for him to even do fundraising -- since he was a shoe-in.

Location hidden

#80967 Feb 21, 2013
Okaybefore I go to bed: Weekend plans, folks?

Tomorrow: Receptionist is out, tonso f people are in training, her backup is busy, the backup's backup is busy (and going on vacation next week), so guess who gets to sit up front all.day.long?

Tomorrow night: I'm giving up date night to volunteer at the U of M regional science fair (grades 4-12).

Saturday: Game night with Nick and the boys w/lasagna and texas toast garlic bread. Yum.

You?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#80968 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

Tomorrow: Receptionist is out, tonso f people are in training, her backup is busy, the backup's backup is busy (and going on vacation next week), so guess who gets to sit up front all.day.long?

Tomorrow night: I'm giving up date night to volunteer at the U of M regional science fair (grades 4-12).

Saturday: Game night with Nick and the boys w/lasagna and texas toast garlic bread. Yum.

You?
Tomorrow: dinner with a friend I haven't seen in awhile, looking forward to catching up.

Saturday: going house hunting with A (just as a second opinion).

Sunday: Lake Worth street painting festival.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80969 Feb 21, 2013
Tomorrow: coffee/hot chocolate with my mommy friends in the afternoon while my husband takes his father to the doctor for the third of five rounds of treatment for his blood disorder that has been turning his life upside down (he collapsed in the dr's office on Tuesday and was rushed back to the ER).

Then we are going to see Ron White as an early birthday present to me.

Saturday: Polar Bear Plunge!

Sunday: Ry and his friends are going to take a limo to the movie theater for a birthday party. Then we're going to celebrate my bday with my in-laws, if my FIL is feeling up to it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#80970 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Homework...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#80971 Feb 22, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#80972 Feb 22, 2013
so saeth the master....
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You should probably read all subsequent posts before you make an ass of yourself.

#80973 Feb 22, 2013
Weekend? Not boating :( Shifter cable broke. Luckily it was right at my dock so I was not stranded anywhere. That is out till next Wed the earliest.
I really, really need to clean my garage Maybe I will do that. I also need to do some serious picture taking with the new camera.

Location hidden

#80974 Feb 22, 2013
I made it to the gym! Bad driving conditions this morning. Four days in a row. I haven't done THAT in 12-13 years.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#80975 Feb 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
Weekend? Not boating :( Shifter cable broke. Luckily it was right at my dock so I was not stranded anywhere. That is out till next Wed the earliest.
I really, really need to clean my garage Maybe I will do that. I also need to do some serious picture taking with the new camera.
If you clean the garage can you avoid replacing the car canopy or whatever blew away last week?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80976 Feb 22, 2013
Same odorific dude on the L this morning. He's taking up 4 seats and snoring. I've got to stop getting on this car...

Weekend plans:

Tonight: no daddy so probably playing in the snow and delivery.

Sat: Daddy is taking the girls to a golf show so I get the morning to myself! Will probably end up doing laundry...

Sun: Sledding!

#80977 Feb 22, 2013
No, garage is for wood working tools, workbench... no room for a truck.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>If you clean the garage can you avoid replacing the car canopy or whatever blew away last week?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80978 Feb 22, 2013
Weekend plans:

My SIL and her *cough*...fiance are coming in to town to do the Polar Plunge tomorrow. Girl's night out with some of my hockey peeps tomorrow night. League hockey for me on Sunday.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80979 Feb 22, 2013
Our big 'winter storm' was anticlimactic. I can still see blades of grass sticking up through the snow. On the plus side, this place is dead today. Close parking. And, it's not really very cold, so scraping my car didn't take long, either.

Location hidden

#80980 Feb 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Our big 'winter storm' was anticlimactic. I can still see blades of grass sticking up through the snow. On the plus side, this place is dead today. Close parking. And, it's not really very cold, so scraping my car didn't take long, either.
Our original foot of snow (predicted from last weekend) is going to be less. THey said we'd get 3-4 inches, but it's going to be 6 I think by the end of the day. But it's really light and fluffy.

It's gorgeous out.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80981 Feb 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
It wasn't that bad at all, I agree. Where I live, though, we did get about 4-5 inches. I don't call that a bad snowstorm. I call that winter.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#80982 Feb 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Weekend plans:
My SIL and her *cough*...fiance are coming in to town to do the Polar Plunge tomorrow. Girl's night out with some of my hockey peeps tomorrow night. League hockey for me on Sunday.
Where do you do that in B/N? Are you coming up to the city?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80983 Feb 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you do that in B/N? Are you coming up to the city?
No, Miller Park has it here in town.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#80984 Feb 22, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't that bad at all, I agree. Where I live, though, we did get about 4-5 inches. I don't call that a bad snowstorm. I call that winter.
I agree and it's about time!

Although if I had parked in a different spot by the lake, I would have considered it a bad snow storm. The wind blew all the snow off and away from our car but piled it up behind some others down the street. I saw many drifts that were higher than the trunks as I drove away, thanking my lucky stars.

When I parked over by my MIL's, the cars were all covered in snow and mine was completely clear. Very obvious that I didn't park there overnight!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Cheech the Conser... 1,346,104
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min IB DaMann 57,175
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 7,277
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 594
Gangs of migrants assault female swimmers & mas... 1 hr Bacon Rules 18
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1,569
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Woj_Cebu 207,421
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages