Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80934 Feb 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Google, dumbass.
I googled "Dumbass" and it didn't have anything about the Bible or the age of Mary on the first few pages.

(I will not fuel...will not fuel, I believe was your phrase)

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#80935 Feb 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Google, dumbass.
Let him come up with proof of HIS claims.
I'm not sure he knows the difference between proof and legend, though.
You nailed it, he is truly TSTI.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80937 Feb 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I googled "Dumbass" and it didn't have anything about the Bible or the age of Mary on the first few pages.
(I will not fuel...will not fuel, I believe was your phrase)
Did it have a picture of Mutt?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#80938 Feb 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>All four are fictional characters. Some place Mary's age at about thirteen, some slightly older.
The bible is NOT a book of historical facts.
YNo one knows whether they were fictional characters or real. There are arguments on both sides. And while the bible is not completely accurate in terms of historical facts, that is not to say there aren't ANY accurate historical facts or some truths in it, as your line of thinking suggests to you.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80939 Feb 21, 2013
Today's Carolyn Hax is pretty sad, about life long emotional abuse by a father.

One woman posted that when she reads of children (not necessarily children AGE, but offspring) who kill their parents, her first assumption is that they were abused by their parents.

I tend to agree with that (or sometimes there is severe mental illness on the part of the offspring).

But I think in the case of the Menendez brothers (remember them? spoiled rich kids in SoCal?), I think it was more the result of a lifetime of overindulgence and ridiculous spoiling, resulting in a case of heightened self-entitlement that led to their shooting their parents.

I'm bored. I think I'll go read about them at wiki and see if I'm wrong or what.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80940 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Today's Carolyn Hax is pretty sad, about life long emotional abuse by a father.
One woman posted that when she reads of children (not necessarily children AGE, but offspring) who kill their parents, her first assumption is that they were abused by their parents.
I tend to agree with that (or sometimes there is severe mental illness on the part of the offspring).
But I think in the case of the Menendez brothers (remember them? spoiled rich kids in SoCal?), I think it was more the result of a lifetime of overindulgence and ridiculous spoiling, resulting in a case of heightened self-entitlement that led to their shooting their parents.
I'm bored. I think I'll go read about them at wiki and see if I'm wrong or what.
I think you're right. There was also a kid down here, pretty recently, who threw a party and told his best friend that he'd killed his parents. Sure enough, they were dead in their bedroom. I don't remember anything in the story about him having been abused, he was just a nutjob.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#80941 Feb 21, 2013
Your an idiot. all gasoline is UNleaded.
Wanna buy a bridge?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to take my leaf blower in because it wouldn't start. Turned out the fuel line had corroded. The mechanic said I should use medium grade gasoline because there's less lead and that will help prevent corrosion in the future. He said you should use the medium grade stuff for things like lawnmowers and other small engines. But for your car, regular is fine.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80942 Feb 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it have a picture of Mutt?
Dang, I forgot to check Google Images.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80944 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Today's Carolyn Hax is pretty sad, about life long emotional abuse by a father.
One woman posted that when she reads of children (not necessarily children AGE, but offspring) who kill their parents, her first assumption is that they were abused by their parents.
I tend to agree with that (or sometimes there is severe mental illness on the part of the offspring).
But I think in the case of the Menendez brothers (remember them? spoiled rich kids in SoCal?), I think it was more the result of a lifetime of overindulgence and ridiculous spoiling, resulting in a case of heightened self-entitlement that led to their shooting their parents.
I'm bored. I think I'll go read about them at wiki and see if I'm wrong or what.
Sociopaths with no sense of right or wrong.

I have been reading about narcissists recently. Curbstone diagnosis: they were mutually enabling wounded narcissists.

Dr Pelly signing off now.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#80945 Feb 21, 2013
If my seat has the ability to recline, why cant I exercise that option?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Way to be part of the planet.
I know -- you don't care.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80946 Feb 21, 2013
Hey Regs! We're almost to 80,000 posts.

There's always that difference between the post numbers and the count at the bottom tho.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#80947 Feb 21, 2013
As I understand it, the jews say he existed, they were even willing to call him a prophet, but balked at the messiah title.
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, should have put in my opinion. Faith though, is belief without proof.
You have yours, I have mine.
However, I have never known any one to show PROOF of their existence.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80948 Feb 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
If my seat has the ability to recline, why cant I exercise that option?
<quoted text>
Transliterated Ma nish ta nah, ha lilah ha zay?

It is one of the four questions at Passover and the answer responds to your post.
Pffft.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80949 Feb 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Hey Regs! We're almost to 80,000 posts.
There's always that difference between the post numbers and the count at the bottom tho.
The difference seems to be thehat some posts have been deleted.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80950 Feb 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
As I understand it, the jews say he existed, they were even willing to call him a prophet, but balked at the messiah title.
<quoted text>
Same with the Muslims. Jesus was a prophet to them.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80951 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right. There was also a kid down here, pretty recently, who threw a party and told his best friend that he'd killed his parents. Sure enough, they were dead in their bedroom. I don't remember anything in the story about him having been abused, he was just a nutjob.
That's crazy!

I read that article that Red posted the link for. It was sad. Poor woman probably has no self-esteem at all left.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80952 Feb 21, 2013
I googled and easily found the story Jmw mentioned.

THe guy is acting all remorseful, but some guy in jail says he laughs about killing his parents.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Knoxville, TN

#80954 Feb 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The difference seems to be thehat some posts have been deleted.
I think every fourth post of Mutt's is deleted as a matter of course.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#80955 Feb 21, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
YNo one knows whether they were fictional characters or real. There are arguments on both sides. And while the bible is not completely accurate in terms of historical facts, that is not to say there aren't ANY accurate historical facts or some truths in it, as your line of thinking suggests to you.
Never said it was completely devoid of facts, just as a whole it is not an accurate history book.
Hell, a lot of what I learned as history in school turned out to be fiction. The winners write the books. Much has been disproved through science since some of those were written.
edogxxx

Wilmington, IL

#80956 Feb 21, 2013
Woo hoo! I'm the 80,000th post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Bluestater 1,251,079
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 192,132
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,144
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 6,143
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,324
Eats shoots and leaves... 2 hr Bear feeds on Cou... 2
News She Lost Three Kids to ChiraqBy Michael Daly 2 hr Much Ado Bout Nada 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages