“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#80909 Feb 21, 2013
Waste of money.
I will grab that thing and flush it!
If you dont want the seat in front of you to recline, sit behind the pilot.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
There's a device that you can put into a certain part of the airline seat in front of you that will allow the seat to recline back only a certain amount (determined by you).(Squishy, this was on This American Life.)

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80910 Feb 21, 2013
Oops... I didn't mean to reignite the great Seat Reclining Argument of 2012.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#80911 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Way to go ;-)
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80912 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Not going to fuel...not going to fuel...not going to fuel....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80913 Feb 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Not going to fuel...not going to fuel...not going to fuel....
So is there a meaningful difference between Regular and Premium unleaded and why would I pay more for the premium stuff at the gas pump?

Is this just Big Oil profit generator stuff?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80914 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oprah devoted a whole show to good black hair v. bad black hair. It was actually really good. She made it more about black people accepting all the different skin tones and hair types across the board that black people can have, and not making lighter skinned people "better" or that darker skinned blacks are "more black."
We've been trying to get them to like their hair just the way it is, but you know how it is, the grass is always greener...

We finally showed Nunu some pictures of dreadlocks the other night, since that's what her hair will do if left alone. She was interested, but not ready to have some of her own. I expect that will happen around 7th grade. That's the same age Lulu will finally get her mohawk, most likely self-inflicted.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80915 Feb 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
Waste of money.
I will grab that thing and flush it!
If you dont want the seat in front of you to recline, sit behind the pilot.
<quoted text>
Wow. Way to be part of the planet.

I know -- you don't care.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#80916 Feb 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>So is there a meaningful difference between Regular and Premium unleaded and why would I pay more for the premium stuff at the gas pump?
Is this just Big Oil profit generator stuff?
Had to take my leaf blower in because it wouldn't start. Turned out the fuel line had corroded. The mechanic said I should use medium grade gasoline because there's less lead and that will help prevent corrosion in the future. He said you should use the medium grade stuff for things like lawnmowers and other small engines. But for your car, regular is fine.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80917 Feb 21, 2013
squishy, I LOVE the short short braids I've seen on some black women -- sticking straight up, maybe an inch or two. Love that.

Location hidden

#80918 Feb 21, 2013
Your car's owner's manual will tell you which gasoline grade to use, and my car calls for 87, not the more expensive stuff.
Timmy

United States

#80919 Feb 21, 2013
You need to get a new mechanic, you current one is clueless. Lead used to be additive to gasoline and was banned in the US decades ago. ALL grades of gas in the US do not have lead in them. Gas grades also have nothing to do with corrosion potential. Some oil compaines may add corrosion inhibitors to their gas, but a hgiher grade does not mean this was done. If the gas has corrosion inhibitors, it may so so on the pump.

For gas for your car, you should use whaterever the owner's manual says to use. The higher the octant rating, the less likely the engine will knock/ping when running. Most cars can use regular gas just fine. However, high perfromance cars will have a higher engine compression and will not run properly on regular.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to take my leaf blower in because it wouldn't start. Turned out the fuel line had corroded. The mechanic said I should use medium grade gasoline because there's less lead and that will help prevent corrosion in the future. He said you should use the medium grade stuff for things like lawnmowers and other small engines. But for your car, regular is fine.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80920 Feb 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been trying to get them to like their hair just the way it is, but you know how it is, the grass is always greener...
We finally showed Nunu some pictures of dreadlocks the other night, since that's what her hair will do if left alone. She was interested, but not ready to have some of her own. I expect that will happen around 7th grade. That's the same age Lulu will finally get her mohawk, most likely self-inflicted.
Ah yes, I remeber the Tinkerbelle pixie cut I gave my self with manicure scissors at about that age.

It grows back

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#80921 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You think a 14-year-old PROBABLY shouldn't get a lap dance???
Oh, and Romeo and Juliet are fictional characters and Mary is thought to have been about 17 when she married Joseph. Where did you get early teens?
All four are fictional characters. Some place Mary's age at about thirteen, some slightly older.
The bible is NOT a book of historical facts.

Location hidden

#80922 Feb 21, 2013
THe bible doesn't give any reference as to Mary's age, I believe, but biblical scholars have used other documents to guess her age.

“reign in blood”

United States

#80923 Feb 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>All four are fictional characters.
Source, please.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80924 Feb 21, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>All four are fictional characters. Some place Mary's age at about thirteen, some slightly older.
The bible is NOT a book of historical facts.
Look, I don't want to get into an argument, but you have your beliefs and I have mine. I've never tried to preach or push religion here and I think I deserve the same respect.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

#80925 Feb 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
New computer came last night. I am setting it up slowly.
Windows 7 seems OK. I don't mind teh new start menu/programs list.
I got MS Office starter. The ads aren't too bad. Yet Most of the commands look familiar, but for the life of me I can't find how to open a document to just type. I haven't tried Excel yet.
IE9 does not have the Favorites link at the top near left which is where I reflexively go, so I reflexively downloaded Firefox. Ta Ta Microsoft
Haven't read everything yet, so sorry if im being repetetive... but when in any Office program, you can start a new, blank document by hitting control-N. i do it all the tiem to copy parts of obnoxious spreadsheets and make manageable chunks...

“reign in blood”

United States

#80926 Feb 21, 2013
Timmy wrote:
You need to get a new mechanic, you current one is clueless. Lead used to be additive to gasoline and was banned in the US decades ago. ALL grades of gas in the US do not have lead in them. Gas grades also have nothing to do with corrosion potential. Some oil compaines may add corrosion inhibitors to their gas, but a hgiher grade does not mean this was done. If the gas has corrosion inhibitors, it may so so on the pump.
For gas for your car, you should use whaterever the owner's manual says to use. The higher the octant rating, the less likely the engine will knock/ping when running. Most cars can use regular gas just fine. However, high perfromance cars will have a higher engine compression and will not run properly on regular.
<quoted text>
Lead, octane, whatever he said, it was several months ago. But the proof was in my corroded fuel line.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80927 Feb 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Source, please.
Google, dumbass.

Location hidden

#80928 Feb 21, 2013
I don't think we can dispute that Mary and Joseph were real people who existed. The only thing we can dispute is whether she was who she says she was. Joseph sounds like a quiet dude.

I mean, I don't believe Jesus is a savior of a god, but I can't deny he existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 min boundary painter 1,326
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 min RACE 4,922
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 7 min boundary painter 390
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Smart Alex 1,156,086
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Dale 182,142
last post wins! (Apr '13) 13 min boundary painter 407
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 16 min boundary painter 7,871
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM