Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80889 Feb 21, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I think she's speaking only on how she defines the word "child", not the appropriateness of a lap dance. Legally, you are considerd a child if you are under 18, but let's be real, a 16 year old is not the equivalent of a 10 year old. Under 18, you are allowed to see R-rated movies if acompanied by an adult. When determining if you're 16 year old can see an R-rated movie with you, do you apply the same filter that you would when determining if your 10 year old can come? Shades of gray.

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no shades of gray when it comes to grinding your junk in a child's face!

Not to be too Clintonian, but define "child".

A 8 year old, I absolutely agree with you.
A 14 year old, probably.
A 16 or 17 year old is not a child in my book.

I was basing my response on this exchange.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80890 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor kid! young black girls have hair issues that white girls will never have to face (other than those few girls with naturally curly or frizzy hair).
For lack of a better way to say this, Lulu has "good" hair. She could have Beyonce hair if she wanted to, but that curl is always lurking in the background, waiting to take over.

When she woke up crying because of her hair, I remembered the opening scene from "Friday" where the show the sister trying to sleep with her head propped up on her hand, but it keeps falling off. I can totally see Lulu doing that.

Now Nunu is a totally different story. She's going to the same hairdresser next Thursday and this lady has been shown photos of the hair and she says she can get Nunu's straight too. We'll see...

Miami, FL

#80891 Feb 21, 2013
Okay, maybe Mary was an early teen, maybe a late teen... it's still apples & oranges comparing her getting married at what was considered a normal age in her culture vs. getting a lap dance.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80892 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Okay, maybe Mary was an early teen, maybe a late teen... it's still apples & oranges comparing her getting married at what was considered a normal age in her culture vs. getting a lap dance.
I agree.

Miami, FL

#80893 Feb 21, 2013
So my co-worker who's a single dad finds out that his teenage son went home sick from school. They had the following text conversation:

Son: I throw up in the bathroom.
Dad: Learn how to spell and make sure you clean up any mess!!!

This cracks me up.

We were chatting and I was telling him he's a good dad, and he says he deals with his two teenage sons doing boneheaded things on a regular basis (their mom left 3 years ago, owes a crap-ton of child support, never sees the kids, he only sees her in court). He has them call every day when they get home and he asks about homework, etc. It sounds helicopter-y but it's really not... he's just very present, if that makes sense. He gives them their freedom but always knows what they're up to.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#80894 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I had a horrible dream last night that I was letting Rose and Mia outside like I used to let my previous cats outside on demand, and they disappeared and never came home, and I was out searching for them, knowing I'd probably never see them again. It's a stressful way to wake up.
I hope parents don't have dreams like that about their kids!
They do. Sleeping, waking, doesn't matter. Your kid is out of your sight and you aren't sure where he is, you worry about him and try to push bad thoughts of what "could happen" out of your head.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#80895 Feb 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
New computer came last night. I am setting it up slowly.
Windows 7 seems OK. Ta Ta Microsoft
7 is way better than 8 IMO. And Firefox over IE definitely!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80896 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So my co-worker who's a single dad finds out that his teenage son went home sick from school. They had the following text conversation:
This cracks me up.
We were chatting and I was telling him he's a good dad, and he says he deals with his two teenage sons doing boneheaded things on a regular basis (their mom left 3 years ago, owes a crap-ton of child support, never sees the kids, he only sees her in court). He has them call every day when they get home and he asks about homework, etc. It sounds helicopter-y but it's really not... he's just very present, if that makes sense. He gives them their freedom but always knows what they're up to.
Making sure kids to their homework and checking in so they realize everyday that they have a parent who cares is not helicopter in my view. It's being a parent.

If you're doing that when they're in college -- different story.:)

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#80897 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
i've always heard -- including from theologians in documentaries,t hat she was 13, 14, 15 tops. A quick google search has these ages as well -- even as low as 12.
I'd always heard she was about 13-ish too. I think the older ages being put out by church authorities in recent years are kind of a PC-ish thing, in that "17 is less *bad* than 13." <shrug>

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80898 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I had a horrible dream last night that I was letting Rose and Mia outside like I used to let my previous cats outside on demand, and they disappeared and never came home, and I was out searching for them, knowing I'd probably never see them again. It's a stressful way to wake up.
I'm sure they do. I have dreams about the dogs like that every once in a while.

I'm flying to Texas in a week for a girl's weekend and I've been having flying nightmares for weeks now. I am not a good flyer. Last night's involved me forgetting my Xanax at home.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80899 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
This cracks me up.
Sounds like he's being both mom and dad. Not really helicopter-y, just attentive. If he's like, cutting their steak at dinner or something...yeah.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#80900 Feb 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, hells yeah! we do. Not fun.

Miami, FL

#80901 Feb 21, 2013
Overheard at work: "I'm flying all the way to San Francisco on coach."

Rich people problems!
;)
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80902 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Overheard at work: "I'm flying all the way to San Francisco on coach."
Rich people problems!
;)
Or tall people problems.

Miami, FL

#80903 Feb 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Or tall people problems.
In this case, rich. It was our owner.

Location hidden

#80904 Feb 21, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Wow. While I still maintain that this is NOT the same as some old perv opening his raincoat to an 8 year old, it is way more lewd than I imagined.
Google Judy Viger and you will find photos of the incident.
One in particular has a the boy sitting in a chair.
The stripper, is upside down, belly to belly with the boy. Legs over his shoulders.His face in her crotch and vice versa. She is not nude, but only wearing a thong. and top. Way inappropriate.
That would be like heaven and hell at the same time. That ain't the kind of scene I want my friggin mom present for. Also said MOM got a lap dance.
$10 says she has had inappropriate contact with her son.

Location hidden

#80905 Feb 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
For lack of a better way to say this, Lulu has "good" hair. She could have Beyonce hair if she wanted to, but that curl is always lurking in the background, waiting to take over.
When she woke up crying because of her hair, I remembered the opening scene from "Friday" where the show the sister trying to sleep with her head propped up on her hand, but it keeps falling off. I can totally see Lulu doing that.
Now Nunu is a totally different story. She's going to the same hairdresser next Thursday and this lady has been shown photos of the hair and she says she can get Nunu's straight too. We'll see...
Oprah devoted a whole show to good black hair v. bad black hair. It was actually really good. She made it more about black people accepting all the different skin tones and hair types across the board that black people can have, and not making lighter skinned people "better" or that darker skinned blacks are "more black."

Location hidden

#80906 Feb 21, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Making sure kids to their homework and checking in so they realize everyday that they have a parent who cares is not helicopter in my view. It's being a parent.
If you're doing that when they're in college -- different story.:)
I agree.

The other day before leaving home for the morning, Nick asked Nick Jr. if he needed his trumpet that day. "No." Or his binder for some class. "no." Then that morning Nick got a call from his kid at school. "Dad, can you bring me my trumpet and my binder?"

Nick: "No."

Location hidden

#80907 Feb 21, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Or tall people problems.
My tall former coworker Tim on a flight: "Guy in front me kept trying to lean his seat back. Finally turned around and asked what was blocking his seat from reclining. I told him, "MY KNEES!"

Location hidden

#80908 Feb 21, 2013
There's a device that you can put into a certain part of the airline seat in front of you that will allow the seat to recline back only a certain amount (determined by you). (Squishy, this was on This American Life.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,153,597
abby 12-19 18 min RACE 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min jacques Ottawau 181,782
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 22 min Foster 11
Amy 12-19 1 hr RACE 4
9 inch kaa land 2 hr Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,914
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:38 am PST

Bleacher Report 1:38AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action