Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80850 Feb 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, this went down in a bowling alley, therefore I doubt fully nude. So they saw pretty much the same thing they can see at the beach. And explain to me what danger the kids were in because every parent that allows their 16 year old boy to get on the internet is contributing to the same "endangerment". Or worse!
I agree she did not use the best judgement, but no one was in any danger unless their vigin eyes would burn from the hellfire raining down because they saw a scantily clad woman.
There you go. Answered your own question: Their vigin eyes would burn from the hellfire raining down because they saw a scantily clad woman.

Either that or all the kids were endangered by their own parents once they got wind of it.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80851 Feb 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I tried to look up a legal definition of "child endangerment". I found this:
"Child endangerment is a criminal offense that involves the subjection of minor children to inappropriate or dangerous situations. It is not the same as child abuse, which involves direct harm to children, but carries a similar penalty in the American judicial system."
By that definition, I agree with the charge, but only because of the inclusion of the word inappropriate. However, if this charge carries similar penalties to child abuse, then I feel this is a bit heavy handed.
Getting your 16 year old kid a stripper?
Unwise? yes.
Inappropriate? Yes
Deserving of punishment? Maybe. Actual nudity, yes. No more revealing than what's on the beach? No.
Deserving of a punishment similar to what child ABUSERS get? Oh, hell no.
But I suppose the law needs to be broad enough to cover some molester that's showing his pecker to the 8 year old at the bus stop but not laying a hand on her.
There you go. "Inappropriate". Look, I agree with you. They turned the crank on this way up to what needs to be done. I don't think the law needs to be in on this one but maybe someone called it in.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80852 Feb 20, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Child endagerment seems a bit excessive. That charge should be saved for parents who put their kids in cages or lock up the food.
The boys probably thought that was the best.party.ever.
"Child endangerment" is no doubt legal-speak for "What the H*ll were you thinking, lady?"

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80853 Feb 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Child endangerment" is no doubt legal-speak for "What the H*ll were you thinking, lady?"
Yes. Problem being that whe I read an article, I don't have my english to legalease translation book sitting next to me, so I take words at their dictionary meaning.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#80854 Feb 20, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Child endagerment seems a bit excessive. That charge should be saved for parents who put their kids in cages or lock up the food.
Yeah, I'm figuring they probably see more in a season of "How I Met Your Mother".

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#80855 Feb 20, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the matter with you? If actions don't directly result in a bloody corpse, you don't think people should be charged at all.
Children cannot consent to strippers, tattoos, or sexual activity. An adult who engages children in such is committing child endangerment our worse.
There are many states where a child (16 I think) who wants a tattoo and all they need is a parent to sign the ok. Many states set the age of consent for sexual activity at 16. So yeah they can consent. Oh and then there's the 17 year old "children" who can go into the military.

So all of that's legal, all that consenting being done by those aged 16-18...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#80857 Feb 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
But I suppose the law needs to be broad enough to cover some molester that's showing his pecker to the 8 year old at the bus stop but not laying a hand on her.
This is it, exactly. If you think it's okay for a non-nude stripper to shake it in your child's face, then it should be okay for me to shove my non-nude crotch in your young daughter's face, right?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80858 Feb 20, 2013
I do not have arthritiS!!!

Doctor (Univ of Iowa! Go Hawkeyes) was cool. Said it looks like RA on paper, I had the five major symptoms, but the fact that it was just my hands/fingers, nowhere else (shoulders, elbows, back), no internal issues (blood in stool and urine--I had understood those to be more serious symptoms that develop later on), AND when he usedh is hands on my knuckles and felt the bones and how the edges felt, moved things at certain angles and bent them, squished the knuckles, he said it's not RA, most likely carpal tunnel (which RA does cause). Said we could run different tests, get more info, do xrays, etc.

Then when he found out how I sleep -- with my wrists bent, we're just starting with wrist braces at night or when doing heavy lifting/physical work to keep them straight, use ibuprofen for pain and inflammation, and made an appointment for mid-April, and if it's better by then, cancel the appointment.

I am THRILLED and he was happy that I was THRILLED!

:D :D :D

I'm going to celebrate with homemade sloppy joes and cocktails and Law & Order reruns.

Location hidden

#80859 Feb 20, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I agree. And should it be a crime to be a parent with poor taste? Probably not.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80860 Feb 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Doctor (Univ of Iowa! Go Hawkeyes) was cool. Said it looks like RA on paper, I had the five major symptoms, but the fact that it was just my hands/fingers, nowhere else (shoulders, elbows, back), no internal issues (blood in stool and urine--I had understood those to be more serious symptoms that develop later on), AND when he usedh is hands on my knuckles and felt the bones and how the edges felt, moved things at certain angles and bent them, squished the knuckles, he said it's not RA, most likely carpal tunnel (which RA does cause). Said we could run different tests, get more info, do xrays, etc.
Then when he found out how I sleep -- with my wrists bent, we're just starting with wrist braces at night or when doing heavy lifting/physical work to keep them straight, use ibuprofen for pain and inflammation, and made an appointment for mid-April, and if it's better by then, cancel the appointment.
I'm going to celebrate with homemade sloppy joes and cocktails and Law & Order reruns.
Yay! Yay! Yay!

That was sounding like some scary sh!t. Glad to hear it's not.

Location hidden

#80861 Feb 20, 2013
Thanks, squishy! And thanks to people here (AS was one, I think?) who pushed me to get things checked out!

Location hidden

#80862 Feb 20, 2013
And thanks to voice of reason PE.:)

My doctor was so happy when I said I was THRILLED to be told it was carpal tunnel.:)

I'm in a great mood. Gonna game now.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#80863 Feb 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good. Glad we were wrong. Tells you how much you can trust on line diagnoses.

Location hidden

#80864 Feb 20, 2013
Well, he did say that I did have the five primary symptoms. Good thing I thought "shit, beter see a doctor." 'cause you neverk now.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80865 Feb 20, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This is it, exactly. If you think it's okay for a non-nude stripper to shake it in your child's face, then it should be okay for me to shove my non-nude crotch in your young daughter's face, right?
Yeah, didn't think so.
For someone who tosses around comments like "50 shades of gray" and "not black and white" you sure do make a habit of reading everyone else's comments as black or white.
I never said it was ok to hre a stripper for your kid's party. In fact I said it was inappropriate. But, especially if she ain't nude, its certainly not ENDANGERING a group of 16 year old boys.

For you to equate a group of 16 year olds willingly looking at half nekkid ladies to some perv shakin his willy in the face of some little girl...that's YOU seeing black or white and no shades of gray.

Location hidden

#80866 Feb 20, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>For someone who tosses around comments like "50 shades of gray" and "not black and white" you sure do make a habit of reading everyone else's comments as black or white.
I never said it was ok to hre a stripper for your kid's party. In fact I said it was inappropriate. But, especially if she ain't nude, its certainly not ENDANGERING a group of 16 year old boys.
For you to equate a group of 16 year olds willingly looking at half nekkid ladies to some perv shakin his willy in the face of some little girl...that's YOU seeing black or white and no shades of gray.
I'll agree with that. Throwt he "endangerment" charge at her if the kids are, say, 10.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#80867 Feb 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

Yay!!! So happy to hear it :)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#80868 Feb 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hooray! Enjoy the gluten and booze.
:)

Location hidden

#80869 Feb 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Hooray! Enjoy the gluten and booze.
:)
Now there's a concept I can get behind!

Location hidden

#80870 Feb 20, 2013
Sigh. I just extended my bedtime by a good 40 minutes. put quarters in the dryer, then switched to the washer to get that going before going back to finish the dryer stuff... and apparently walked away without hitting "start."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min forks_make_us_fat 1,114,958
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min On Again Off Again 50,020
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min Eric 69,484
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,987
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 57 min Whats the Bulb An... 8
Rattlesnake Logic 1 hr HomeGrownTerrorism 3
Amy - 9-29-2014 1 hr Ralph 28
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cancer On The pRe... 178,580

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]