Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#80868 Feb 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I do not have arthritiS!!!
Doctor (Univ of Iowa! Go Hawkeyes) was cool. Said it looks like RA on paper, I had the five major symptoms, but the fact that it was just my hands/fingers, nowhere else (shoulders, elbows, back), no internal issues (blood in stool and urine--I had understood those to be more serious symptoms that develop later on), AND when he usedh is hands on my knuckles and felt the bones and how the edges felt, moved things at certain angles and bent them, squished the knuckles, he said it's not RA, most likely carpal tunnel (which RA does cause). Said we could run different tests, get more info, do xrays, etc.
Then when he found out how I sleep -- with my wrists bent, we're just starting with wrist braces at night or when doing heavy lifting/physical work to keep them straight, use ibuprofen for pain and inflammation, and made an appointment for mid-April, and if it's better by then, cancel the appointment.
I am THRILLED and he was happy that I was THRILLED!
:D :D :D
I'm going to celebrate with homemade sloppy joes and cocktails and Law & Order reruns.
Hooray! Enjoy the gluten and booze.
:)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80869 Feb 20, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Hooray! Enjoy the gluten and booze.
:)
Now there's a concept I can get behind!

Location hidden

#80870 Feb 20, 2013
Sigh. I just extended my bedtime by a good 40 minutes. put quarters in the dryer, then switched to the washer to get that going before going back to finish the dryer stuff... and apparently walked away without hitting "start."

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#80871 Feb 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I do not have arthritiS!!!
Doctor (Univ of Iowa! Go Hawkeyes) was cool. Said it looks like RA on paper, I had the five major symptoms, but the fact that it was just my hands/fingers, nowhere else (shoulders, elbows, back), no internal issues (blood in stool and urine--I had understood those to be more serious symptoms that develop later on), AND when he usedh is hands on my knuckles and felt the bones and how the edges felt, moved things at certain angles and bent them, squished the knuckles, he said it's not RA, most likely carpal tunnel (which RA does cause). Said we could run different tests, get more info, do xrays, etc.
Then when he found out how I sleep -- with my wrists bent, we're just starting with wrist braces at night or when doing heavy lifting/physical work to keep them straight, use ibuprofen for pain and inflammation, and made an appointment for mid-April, and if it's better by then, cancel the appointment.
I am THRILLED and he was happy that I was THRILLED!
:D :D :D
I'm going to celebrate with homemade sloppy joes and cocktails and Law & Order reruns.
Hoooray!!! and glad that i helped you figure things out. interesting that you have 5 of 5 major indicators yet early tests show it's not RA... something to keep an eye on, i guess!

and a cautionary tale for me as well... i sleep way curled up to, and i've been waking up tingly some days. i was blaming a failing mattress on pinching nerves in my shoulder. new mattress now (memory foam w. gel) so i'll have to pay attention nad try some braces if i have any more issues.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80872 Feb 20, 2013
Glad it wasn't what you thought, Red.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#80873 Feb 20, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sigh. I just extended my bedtime by a good 40 minutes. put quarters in the dryer, then switched to the washer to get that going before going back to finish the dryer stuff... and apparently walked away without hitting "start."
well that sucks... i hate it when i do tht, and i don't have to share hte dryer,..

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#80874 Feb 21, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#80875 Feb 21, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
For you to equate a group of 16 year olds willingly looking at half nekkid ladies to some perv shakin his willy in the face of some little girl...that's YOU seeing black or white and no shades of gray.
There are no shades of gray when it comes to grinding your junk in a child's face!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80876 Feb 21, 2013
Another odorific morning on the CTA. On top of the bad hair morning that Lulu had. She got a new style yesterday that requires a flat iron and of course sleeping on it ruined it so she tried to fix it herself with some *really* sticky stuff and that did NOT work. I sorta fixed it but it was not what she wanted. The whole experience left us both crying.

Will be shopping for a flat iron at lunch.

Location hidden

#80877 Feb 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Another odorific morning on the CTA. On top of the bad hair morning that Lulu had. She got a new style yesterday that requires a flat iron and of course sleeping on it ruined it so she tried to fix it herself with some *really* sticky stuff and that did NOT work. I sorta fixed it but it was not what she wanted. The whole experience left us both crying.
Will be shopping for a flat iron at lunch.
Poor kid! young black girls have hair issues that white girls will never have to face (other than those few girls with naturally curly or frizzy hair).

Location hidden

#80878 Feb 21, 2013
I had a horrible dream last night that I was letting Rose and Mia outside like I used to let my previous cats outside on demand, and they disappeared and never came home, and I was out searching for them, knowing I'd probably never see them again. It's a stressful way to wake up.

I hope parents don't have dreams like that about their kids!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80879 Feb 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no shades of gray when it comes to grinding your junk in a child's face!
Not to be too Clintonian, but define "child".

A 8 year old, I absolutely agree with you.
A 14 year old, probably.
A 16 or 17 year old is not a child in my book.

Keep in mind that Juliet was around 14 when she and Romeo were messing around. Henry VIII's mon was 13 when he was born. Mary was thought to be in her early teens when she married Joe.

None of those example happened when we had mass communication, internet and billboard exposure, good nutrition with hormone enhanced meat and earlier puberty.

(For you non-Chicagoans, there was a big kerfluffle about a billboard across from Rock and Roll McDonalds in downtown Chicago. It was of a pretty woman with her mouth making an O and the text was The Best Job is a Bl*w Job. The billboard company was asked and did take it down. The advertiser is griping 1st amendment. Mickey D customers can now swallow in peace again.)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#80880 Feb 21, 2013
New computer came last night. I am setting it up slowly.
Windows 7 seems OK. I don't mind teh new start menu/programs list.

I got MS Office starter. The ads aren't too bad. Yet Most of the commands look familiar, but for the life of me I can't find how to open a document to just type. I haven't tried Excel yet.
IE9 does not have the Favorites link at the top near left which is where I reflexively go, so I reflexively downloaded Firefox. Ta Ta Microsoft

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80881 Feb 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be too Clintonian, but define "child".
A 8 year old, I absolutely agree with you.
A 14 year old, probably.
A 16 or 17 year old is not a child in my book.
Keep in mind that Juliet was around 14 when she and Romeo were messing around. Henry VIII's mon was 13 when he was born. Mary was thought to be in her early teens when she married Joe.
You think a 14-year-old PROBABLY shouldn't get a lap dance???

Oh, and Romeo and Juliet are fictional characters and Mary is thought to have been about 17 when she married Joseph. Where did you get early teens?

Location hidden

#80882 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and Romeo and Juliet are fictional characters and Mary is thought to have been about 17 when she married Joseph. Where did you get early teens?
i've always heard -- including from theologians in documentaries,t hat she was 13, 14, 15 tops. A quick google search has these ages as well -- even as low as 12.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#80883 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunno the source at this point, but somewhere connected with church. There was an Advent when the theme was unwed teenaged pregnancies.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80884 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she's speaking only on how she defines the word "child", not the appropriateness of a lap dance. Legally, you are considerd a child if you are under 18, but let's be real, a 16 year old is not the equivalent of a 10 year old. Under 18, you are allowed to see R-rated movies if acompanied by an adult. When determining if you're 16 year old can see an R-rated movie with you, do you apply the same filter that you would when determining if your 10 year old can come? Shades of gray.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#80885 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
...Mary is thought to have been about 17 when she married Joseph. Where did you get early teens?
I've always heard that. I have zero evidence to back that up, though.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80887 Feb 21, 2013
Wow. While I still maintain that this is NOT the same as some old perv opening his raincoat to an 8 year old, it is way more lewd than I imagined.

Google Judy Viger and you will find photos of the incident.

One in particular has a the boy sitting in a chair.
The stripper, is upside down, belly to belly with the boy. Legs over his shoulders.His face in her crotch and vice versa. She is not nude, but only wearing a thong. and top. Way inappropriate.

That would be like heaven and hell at the same time. That ain't the kind of scene I want my friggin mom present for. Also said MOM got a lap dance.

“reign in blood”

United States

#80888 Feb 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard she was about 12/13 ish, which was fairly common back in those days. Remember, the average lifespan was around 35. You kinda had to get started a little young.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min flack 1,153,497
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Boy G 51,249
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 37 min Cordwainer Trout 9
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr c Everett Coop 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,006
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 181,760
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 3 hr joey 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:25 pm PST