“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80750 Feb 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
SOuth AFrican athlete says he shot his girlfriend thinking she was an intruder.
She was cowering in a locked bathroom. He shot her through the door.
I really hope that it was just some aweful mistake caused be some sleep disorder or something. I found him to be really inspirational and I don't want to believe he's not a great guy.

I expect to be disappointed, but I can still hope.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80751 Feb 19, 2013
While I am not sorry for him, I find this to be BS.

http://consumerist.com/2013/02/19/alleged-del...

I hate the notion that I could be fired for "ebarassing the company" while I am off the clock. My employment should be soley based on my performance and behavior AT WORK.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80752 Feb 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in no way defending this woman, but I wonder who's idea it was to adopt in the first place. They already had 4 kids. Sure, they could afford it, but you really have to WANT more kids if you are adopting. I wonder if this was his idea. Something that he wanted to do, and she just went along with it.
Either way, I can't imagine rasing a child from 1996 to 2003, 7 gd years, and then putting her up for adoption. That's just heartless. I wonder what kind of special needs she is. Regardless, this woman had more than enough money to hire help if it was too much for her to handle.
So the kid is now 17 or so? About to be rich.
I don't think it matters who had the idea and/or who really wanted the adoption between the two. When you sign on the dotted line you are signing on for that kids for life.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#80753 Feb 19, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hope that it was just some aweful mistake caused be some sleep disorder or something. I found him to be really inspirational and I don't want to believe he's not a great guy.
I expect to be disappointed, but I can still hope.
Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but I heard on the news there's been a few domestic disturbance calls to their home prior to this shooting.

Unfortunately, the guy must be unbalanced. Too bad. I really was cheering him on in the Olympics.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#80754 Feb 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I hate the notion that I could be fired for "ebarassing the company" while I am off the clock. My employment should be soley based on my performance and behavior AT WORK.
Some people sign contracts that have clauses in them that specifically state how your actions can/will be viewed 24/7.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#80755 Feb 19, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
OK, I have not seen a poll around here for awhile, so on this 15 degree day, I ask what about summer are you most looking forward to:
A) Wearing shorts/sundresses/sandals, etc.
B) Beer garden drinking/al fresco dining
C) Fun on the water
D) Grilling
E) Gardening
F) Outdoor concerts
G) Cubs games
H) Playing outdoor sports
I) Farmers markets
Change (g) to Sox games and then I agree with all.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#80756 Feb 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OH! Autoimmune diet: two ounces of dark chocolate a day is recommended! Ha! I forgot about that one. THink I can put my Godiva bill onto my health expenses?
I usually have a square of good dark chocolate (70 or 72%) every morning. I've noticed I'm in a much better mood if I do. Seriously.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80757 Feb 19, 2013
Somehow I posted this to a jan 25 column. Meant to drop it here.

So, agree withthe manager? That calling the cops would do nothing other than perhaps shut him down for a while?

Or the mom? Who wanted to call the cops?

I agree with the manager. I don't see what the cops could have done. there's no telling where the bag came from. There's no telling if the owner was still there. The cops are not gonna fingerprint everyone looking for a match to the baggie.

And when it gets right down to it, if she's so fired up about calling the cops, she's got a phone.

Is it a crime to not report found drugs and to just dispose of it? Hell, we don't even know for sure what was in the bag.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80758 Feb 19, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it matters who had the idea and/or who really wanted the adoption between the two. When you sign on the dotted line you are signing on for that kids for life.
I agree that once the decision is made, it does not matter who's idea it was. But it would still be interesting to know if she actually WANTED the child or if she was just giving into something the husband wanted and hten she regretted it ever since.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80759 Feb 19, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people sign contracts that have clauses in them that specifically state how your actions can/will be viewed 24/7.
I still don't like it. It would be one thing if your job duties entailed being some sort of public face of the company, but for all the cogs in the machine? Its BS.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#80760 Feb 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not that I am againstthe idea, but how would you handle sales tax? If an item costs $1, then with tax(around here) its $1.07. Either the proprietor ends up giving it to you for a dollar and he pays the 7 cents out of his pocket in aggregate when giving uncle Sam all the sales tax he's owed, or you have to pay him $1.25 and he will pocket 18 cents when its time for him to pay Uncle Sam.
Is there another scenario I have not considered?
the deli in our building (and other small stores i've seen here & there) price tehir stuff so taht with tax it's an even quarter. It looks odd to see sometihgn for $6.37, but when it comes to $7 with tax, it's all good.
i figure iwht rounding, ya win some, ya lose some.... some days it'll go in the store's favor, some days in ours.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80761 Feb 19, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
OK, I have not seen a poll around here for awhile, so on this 15 degree day, I ask what about summer are you most looking forward to:
C) Fun on the water
D) Grilling
E) Gardening
F) Outdoor concerts
G) Cubs games
I) Farmers markets
Pretty much all of that minus Cubs games.

It got balls cold between yesterday and today. Back deck door got frozen shut and I pinched my finger trying to get it open this morning to let the dogs out. Then I went through the Starbucks drive thru and my car window wouldn't roll down. Person in front of me had this problem, too.

#firstworldproblems

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80762 Feb 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't like it. It would be one thing if your job duties entailed being some sort of public face of the company, but for all the cogs in the machine? Its BS.
Pretty sure I read he was an executive. But I'd think in normal cases, I think you have to be convicted.

Dude I used to see on my floor got busted for child molestation and he worked until the trial.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#80763 Feb 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OH! Autoimmune diet: two ounces of dark chocolate a day is recommended! Ha! I forgot about that one. THink I can put my Godiva bill onto my health expenses?
ask for a prescription!:-) hopefully you get at least a chuckle out of the doctor!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80764 Feb 19, 2013
When I say "see", I don't mean romantically. He worked here, but I didn't work with him or know him or anything.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80765 Feb 19, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
C) Fun on the water
D) Grilling
E) Gardening
F) Outdoor concerts
G) Cubs games
I) Farmers markets
E Gardening!!!!!!!!
B eating/drinking out
J Cabin!!

Location hidden

#80766 Feb 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Lawsuit in the paper here yesterday: Nursing student (guy, older, like mid to late 30s--he's already an LPN and was going to school to become an RN) posted on his FB page, joking called someone a "stupid bitch" and there was one other post.

His privacy settings were set appropriately. SOme "Friend" of his printed out his entire FB page and gave it to the school and they expelled him for it, but won't tell him that's why, just showed him the stack of papers and it was his whole FB history printed out.

The school is going to lose big time.

Location hidden

#80767 Feb 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't like it. It would be one thing if your job duties entailed being some sort of public face of the company, but for all the cogs in the machine? Its BS.
I"m glad he was fired. I think he deserved it. He also has a history of domestic abuse, apparently.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80768 Feb 19, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
C) Fun on the water
D) Grilling
E) Gardening
F) Outdoor concerts
G) Cubs games
I) Farmers markets
Ah, the joy of living in Florida! Don't have to look forward to something I can do on almost any given day.:)

Location hidden

#80769 Feb 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Somehow I posted this to a jan 25 column. Meant to drop it here.
So, agree withthe manager? That calling the cops would do nothing other than perhaps shut him down for a while?
Or the mom? Who wanted to call the cops?
I agree with the manager. I don't see what the cops could have done. there's no telling where the bag came from. There's no telling if the owner was still there. The cops are not gonna fingerprint everyone looking for a match to the baggie.
And when it gets right down to it, if she's so fired up about calling the cops, she's got a phone.
Is it a crime to not report found drugs and to just dispose of it? Hell, we don't even know for sure what was in the bag.
Wait, what's this about? did I miss something?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,124,619
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min Who 47,477
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min jacques Ottawa 179,253
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 21 min Hatti_Hollerand 649
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Boy G 50,583
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 31 min TRD 68,635
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 54 min Frijoles 69,959
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]