|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> New quarters?
The ones where each state gets to have its own symbol on it, as opposed to a single coin with a single image

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That hits on what race said, prices would have to be rounded up to the next quarter. Heard of a business owner a while back who rounded his prices to the next nickle because he hated pennies. I thought it was a great idea, but he caught some flack for that.
So you hate pennies, nickels, and dimes so much that you would RATHER pay an extra 18% on a $1 item than have those coins? That will add up quick. A lot quicker than just getting rid of pennies. No thanks.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was weird, too. Although maybe they did it to get a girl?
Nope. Look at the link I posted. She has 4 girls and 1 boy.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The ones where each state gets to have its own symbol on it, as opposed to a single coin with a single image
Ok. Is there a joke in there that I'm missing? I don't see how those are any more likely to be mistaken for a nickel than quarters with the standard rear image.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't think I want to live without gluten (bread/pasta) and alcohol.
Me neither. What's the point in living longer if you're miserable?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

SOuth AFrican athlete says he shot his girlfriend thinking she was an intruder.

She was cowering in a locked bathroom. He shot her through the door.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Look at the link I posted. She has 4 girls and 1 boy.
Yeah, you provided a lot more info than that article I found.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a friend who lived in a haunted mansion in st. paul, on a street known for big mansions. It was mostly annoying stuff, but one day it went too far, and she and her husband packed up and were gone that week.
So I did some research on autoimmune diets. I have a list of foods to avoid, and a list of foods I should have.(I just was bored at work yesterday, we'll see what the doc says tomorrow.)
To avoid: Gluten, egg whites, alcohol, lectin (beans), saturated fats, simple carbs (added sugar).
Half my diet is supposed to be fruit and veggies, plus nuts.
That is fairly close to the weight loss diet I am on and the general dietmy BIL uses.
Pasta can be replaced with rice noodles in teh same shape or gluten free noodles. Some aren't bad.

Can't really replace alcohol.My SIL who definitely has RA never did drink much. Her weakness was caffeine. She still gets rations of chocolate so its not total deprivation.

Don't do any more on-line diagnoses. Wait for the doctor. They won't be able to give you anything definitive until after the blood work comes back.

Docs need to be prodded about complimentary medicine, so do ask for a nutritionist consult. Way too much quasi scientific garbage out there on diet affecting health. Stick with someone who has been trained.

If you can't stay off the computer, go to PubMed.com . That is the NIH database of peer reviewed journal articles. You need some technical expertise in vocabulary to make sense of it,but it can be navigated fairly easily. It will give you sound information for teh most part, not Dr Koop's Internet medicine.

/s/ Dr Pelly

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have a friend who lived in a haunted mansion in st. paul, on a street known for big mansions. It was mostly annoying stuff, but one day it went too far, and she and her husband packed up and were gone that week.
So I did some research on autoimmune diets. I have a list of foods to avoid, and a list of foods I should have.(I just was bored at work yesterday, we'll see what the doc says tomorrow.)
To avoid: Gluten, egg whites, alcohol, lectin (beans), saturated fats, simple carbs (added sugar).
Half my diet is supposed to be fruit and veggies, plus nuts.
Once you cut out bread and pasta for 5 days or a week or so, you don't really miss it if you can stay on the diet. I have so much more energy sans all that extra sugar. But booze. I love my wine and cider, especially in the summer.

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
SOuth AFrican athlete says he shot his girlfriend thinking she was an intruder.
She was cowering in a locked bathroom. He shot her through the door.
Yeah, I hate when someone breaks in and then hides in the bathroom like a sitting duck. There's no other option but to shoot them!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

I'm willing to alter my diet, even radically, but I would wnat to do it slowly. big changes aren't likely to stick, at least not with me.

What I Read also said it's really important to be as physically active and fit as possible, and to drink as much water as possible (I read 80 ounces minimum per day), in order to keep toxins flushed.

I did drag my butt out of bed this morning and was at the gym by 5:45.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you cut out bread and pasta for 5 days or a week or so, you don't really miss it if you can stay on the diet. I have so much more energy sans all that extra sugar. But booze. I love my wine and cider, especially in the summer.
Do you have access to teh Chicago Tribune pul out section called RedEye? Today's edition cover story is all about hard cider.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
AT least there now are a lot of gluten-free options out there. A girl woman NIck grew up with at the cabin is gluten free (she's had some serious health problems) and she has found the best brownie mixes, cookie recipes.

There's so much more info out there now, I feel okay if this is a diagnosis I am dreading. 27 more hours! The doc went to U of I, so I am going to say "Go Hawkeyes!"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

And thanks, but having been pre-med, I knew to go only to reliable websites (like mayo clinic). The sites that first pop up in a google search are all pushing diet books!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Just sort of bracing myself. I was in a lot of pain this morning. Can't bend my index fingers fully still.

How am I supposed to give other drivers the bird if I can't move my hands?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And thanks, but having been pre-med, I knew to go only to reliable websites (like mayo clinic). The sites that first pop up in a google search are all pushing diet books!
I luv ya' kid ,and Mayo Clinic is good, but if you are looking for the real stuff go to PubMed. It is what the docs do.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have access to teh Chicago Tribune pul out section called RedEye? Today's edition cover story is all about hard cider.
Sweet, found it:

http://www.redeyechicago.com/entertainment/re...

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
How am I supposed to give other drivers the bird if I can't move my hands?
Ha!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

OH! Autoimmune diet: two ounces of dark chocolate a day is recommended! Ha! I forgot about that one. THink I can put my Godiva bill onto my health expenses?
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

OK, I have not seen a poll around here for awhile, so on this 15 degree day, I ask what about summer are you most looking forward to:

A) Wearing shorts/sundresses/sandals, etc.
B) Beer garden drinking/al fresco dining
C) Fun on the water
D) Grilling
E) Gardening
F) Outdoor concerts
G) Cubs games
H) Playing outdoor sports
I) Farmers markets

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Realtime 1,095,286
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min bi stander 49,242
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 min Neighbor 3,899
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 15 min scirocco 68,834
Abby 8-20 37 min Kuuipo 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Rogue Scholar 05 176,674
Amy 8-20 52 min Kuuipo 12
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••