79,601 - 79,620 of 97,948 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80690 Feb 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Our insurance changed and is worse and very complicate with tons of paperwork, so people are avoiding going to the doctor. People with kids have been forced to learn the new system.
When I wake up in the morning, I have fingers (especially my right thumb) I can barely move, and the pain is incredible. My knuckles are swollen. this is just in the last few months.
Get your a$$ to the doctor, missy! It could even be a virus, you don't know. Usually, the docs (well their nurses) will help you with the paperwork.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#80691 Feb 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Blair end up in rehab?
Blair ended up on Survivor and is very religious -- but she's not a preachy religious person.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#80692 Feb 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a really simple one - a singer that i got at target for something like $130... it does applique, and that's enough for me. i've never had a serger either. hubby encourages me to get a fancier one if i want, but one of the stores that i follow has "$1000 off and $500 in freebies" with unadvertized prices... if it's $1000 off, it's too expensive for me! i stick wiht smaller projects, but have been toying wiht the idea of making a bed-sized quilt. the one on my avatar right now is a lap quilt and a recent pet project of mine...
Awesome. I think a quilt would be cool to make. I'd hope it'd get passed down and all. Of course, I wouldn't force it -- if they didn't like it, oh well.

Look on Amazon if you decide to look for another machine. There's some good prices for good machine there. I like being able to read the reviews, too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80693 Feb 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://m.gawker.com/5984348/tw o-minutes-of-nothing-but-goats -yelling-like-humans
Inexplicably hilarious.
HAHAHAHAHA! Posted on face book as I laughed out loud!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#80694 Feb 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHAHA! Posted on face book as I laughed out loud!
I posted it on FB and said something like "The one at :25 is my new ringtone."

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#80695 Feb 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>I posted it on FB and said something like "The one at :25 is my new ringtone."
Yes

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#80696 Feb 19, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#80697 Feb 19, 2013
It costs 2.4 cents to mint a penny.

Our government at work!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#80698 Feb 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Our government at work!
Makes me think I should be hoarding pennies.

Location hidden

#80699 Feb 19, 2013
pennies hzve been losing money for a long time. TIme to go to paper pennies.

Location hidden

#80700 Feb 19, 2013
So in my new place, 120 years old, I"ve been seeing things--just things like movement, or something there, out of the corner of my eye, but then it's gone. In random places. IT's not the cats, either.

NOt all the time, but once in a while.

THe cats have a toy that's like a gyroscope ball thing with a stuffed mouse toy in the middle. THe mouse will squeak NONSTOP once you throw it and it makes impact, until you turn the mouse off. THe cats do not acvtually play with it. It's in a container of cat toys, currently blocked by being on a shelf then covered with several flat pieces of artwork/wall hangings.

It went off in the middle of the night last night. I got out of bed and went to where it was, and turned it off.

It then went off again. I got up and turned it off again.

And again.

And again. All four times, the cats were in bed with me. The last time, I took it out of the container and put it on top of another shelf and covered it with a jacket. It didn't go off again.

Weird....

Location hidden

#80701 Feb 19, 2013
And I forgot to bring a clean bra with me to the gym today, so I get to wear my sports bra all day. THank goodness most of the office is out for training.,

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#80702 Feb 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Brazil nuts!
My coworker called them N toes, and I told her, "You can't say that word here at work." She NEVER would have called a black person the N word, but she didn't give a second thought to the N toes comment. She grew up with it.
My cousin got a written reprimand from his company for offensive language. He was working at the corporate offices back east somewhere (New Hampshire, maybe) and they were asking about life here in Minnesota. He said he and his girlfriend mostly go out in Uptown, where he lives, because they haven't found anywhere they like in Coon Rapids, where she lives. A couple people got really offended and one guy was threatening to kick his azz, throwing around a ton of derogatory white slurs. J had no idea what they were talking about - had never heard of that as a racial slur. He got reprimanded for talking about the name of a town (named for RACOONS, by the way) and the guy who threatened bodily harm and actually used offensive language, knowingly and deliberately, got an apology from the manager. Even after he showed them a map, this guy was still being ugly about it and other people were very chilly towards him the whole time he was there.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#80703 Feb 19, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Alice Cooper was more of a grown up when he became famous. Makes a difference. Other than Shirley Temple and maybe the Olsen twins, which child stars grew up to be sober productive and well grounded? Not many. It is easier to name teh ones who did not.
It amazes me that the Dionne quintuplets grew up to be anywhere near normal. Exploited by their government, put on display like animals in a zoo, and resented by the family they made wealthy, I can completely understand why they really don't seem to trust anyone except one another.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80704 Feb 19, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Our government at work!
Didn't Canada just phase out their penny? I'd be all for it, because f**k pennies, amirite?

Location hidden

#80705 Feb 19, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>It amazes me that the Dionne quintuplets grew up to be anywhere near normal. Exploited by their government, put on display like animals in a zoo, and resented by the family they made wealthy, I can completely understand why they really don't seem to trust anyone except one another.
The degree to which they were exploited was awful. THeir doctor was made a millionaire, I think, by selling the rights to them. THeir own parents had fewer rights to see their daughters than the family doctro did.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80706 Feb 19, 2013
Did you guys see some woman in Texas gave birth to two sets of identical twins yesterday? No fertility drugs. All boys and they already have a 2 year old son. Dad says he still wants a girl. I would punch him in the nuts.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#80707 Feb 19, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So in my new place, 120 years old, I"ve been seeing things--just things like movement, or something there, out of the corner of my eye, but then it's gone. In random places. IT's not the cats, either.
NOt all the time, but once in a while.
THe cats have a toy that's like a gyroscope ball thing with a stuffed mouse toy in the middle. THe mouse will squeak NONSTOP once you throw it and it makes impact, until you turn the mouse off. THe cats do not acvtually play with it. It's in a container of cat toys, currently blocked by being on a shelf then covered with several flat pieces of artwork/wall hangings.
It went off in the middle of the night last night. I got out of bed and went to where it was, and turned it off.
It then went off again. I got up and turned it off again.
And again.
And again. All four times, the cats were in bed with me. The last time, I took it out of the container and put it on top of another shelf and covered it with a jacket. It didn't go off again.
Weird....
Give it some time and it will get used to you. Had similar issues with my own ghost. It doesn't bother me anymore. The other night I heard it shuffling around the living room and hallway. I didn't even bother getting up to check, I knew what it was.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#80708 Feb 19, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Canada just phase out their penny? I'd be all for it, because f**k pennies, amirite?
We should have done that a while ago. But then nickles will become as annoying as the penny. Then the dime. I say we should do away with all coins except for the quarter.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#80709 Feb 19, 2013
That would mean all prices after tax would be rounded up to the nearest quarter. No thanks!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
We should have done that a while ago. But then nickles will become as annoying as the penny. Then the dime. I say we should do away with all coins except for the quarter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min woodtick57 1,101,120
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 177,505
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min Frijoles 69,062
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 1 hr Use this on you 1
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr THE CRACKHEADS 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 302
Second man charged in May homicide that left mo... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000