|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I think she thought it was "Oh, we're engaged, but we're not getting married until we're 30." And I guarantee they told her all that stuff initially, she was just...coming up with her own answers to her questions in her head or something.
There is a lot to be said for delaying your first child until the girl is 22. Emotional maturity, education, ability to get and keep a job, run a household.

Your SIL will be 19 or 20 when she gets married? From a church based school, an early pregnacy will not be frowned on from a married couple.

Do you see any improvement in her organizational or housekeeping skills?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
By the way, did anyone know that it's National Drink Wine Day today?
You can have my share.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Blair end up in rehab?
Maybe. I know she was in that celebrity weight loss and Survivor show.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I know angel dust/pcp gives people superhuman strength. It can take a team of cops to subdue someone on that.
I was in ER when I was 17 (appendix) and they brought in some guy on PCP. O....M...F...G!!! It took like 6 cops (actual PD) plus three or four other guys, and a shot of something to get him down. There was no way to miss it. He tore UP that emergency room. This was after he broke out of the metal reinforced restraints. Bad bad bad drug.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>There is a lot to be said for delaying your first child until the girl is 22. Emotional maturity, education, ability to get and keep a job, run a household.

Your SIL will be 19 or 20 when she gets married? From a church based school, an early pregnacy will not be frowned on from a married couple.

Do you see any improvement in her organizational or housekeeping skills?
They'll both be 20. And yeah, I know the culture of these schools/churches. Get hitched early, so you can bang. Next step is a kid, regardless if you're prepared.

Yeah, quite a bit improved. I guess her room at school is fairly neat and she leaves her room neat here when she leaves. He's a self professed neat freak.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
http://m.gawker.com/5984348/tw o-minutes-of-nothing-but-goats -yelling-like-humans
Inexplicably hilarious.
Awesome.

The ones with the high pitched screams kind of freak me out.

I wonder if normal goats make fun of these goats....

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Awesome.

The ones with the high pitched screams kind of freak me out.

I wonder if normal goats make fun of these goats....
You just made me spit out the cookie dough I was eating! Ha ha!

“Are you done now?”

Since: Feb 13

Desk Jockey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Does anyone have a Red Balls?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Our insurance changed and is worse and very complicate with tons of paperwork, so people are avoiding going to the doctor. People with kids have been forced to learn the new system.
When I wake up in the morning, I have fingers (especially my right thumb) I can barely move, and the pain is incredible. My knuckles are swollen. this is just in the last few months.
Get your a$$ to the doctor, missy! It could even be a virus, you don't know. Usually, the docs (well their nurses) will help you with the paperwork.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Blair end up in rehab?
Blair ended up on Survivor and is very religious -- but she's not a preachy religious person.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i have a really simple one - a singer that i got at target for something like $130... it does applique, and that's enough for me. i've never had a serger either. hubby encourages me to get a fancier one if i want, but one of the stores that i follow has "$1000 off and $500 in freebies" with unadvertized prices... if it's $1000 off, it's too expensive for me! i stick wiht smaller projects, but have been toying wiht the idea of making a bed-sized quilt. the one on my avatar right now is a lap quilt and a recent pet project of mine...
Awesome. I think a quilt would be cool to make. I'd hope it'd get passed down and all. Of course, I wouldn't force it -- if they didn't like it, oh well.

Look on Amazon if you decide to look for another machine. There's some good prices for good machine there. I like being able to read the reviews, too.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
http://m.gawker.com/5984348/tw o-minutes-of-nothing-but-goats -yelling-like-humans
Inexplicably hilarious.
HAHAHAHAHA! Posted on face book as I laughed out loud!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHAHA! Posted on face book as I laughed out loud!
I posted it on FB and said something like "The one at :25 is my new ringtone."

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>I posted it on FB and said something like "The one at :25 is my new ringtone."
Yes

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

It costs 2.4 cents to mint a penny.

Our government at work!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
It costs 2.4 cents to mint a penny.
Our government at work!
Makes me think I should be hoarding pennies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

pennies hzve been losing money for a long time. TIme to go to paper pennies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

So in my new place, 120 years old, I"ve been seeing things--just things like movement, or something there, out of the corner of my eye, but then it's gone. In random places. IT's not the cats, either.

NOt all the time, but once in a while.

THe cats have a toy that's like a gyroscope ball thing with a stuffed mouse toy in the middle. THe mouse will squeak NONSTOP once you throw it and it makes impact, until you turn the mouse off. THe cats do not acvtually play with it. It's in a container of cat toys, currently blocked by being on a shelf then covered with several flat pieces of artwork/wall hangings.

It went off in the middle of the night last night. I got out of bed and went to where it was, and turned it off.

It then went off again. I got up and turned it off again.

And again.

And again. All four times, the cats were in bed with me. The last time, I took it out of the container and put it on top of another shelf and covered it with a jacket. It didn't go off again.

Weird....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,601 - 79,620 of97,410
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••