Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
I so <3 you!
<quoted text>
Have you seen "I love you man?" I can picture you and me jamming out to RUSH like they do in the movie. Except, I'm a girl. <shrug>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen "I love you man?" I can picture you and me jamming out to RUSH like they do in the movie. Except, I'm a girl. <shrug>
so who'a gonna slappa da bass?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

I'm working.

Heat wave! It's 52 out right now. I think it's going to be raining by the time I get out of here, though, so no walking the dogs. Oh well.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>so who'a gonna slappa da bass?
hehe That'll have to be RACE.('.')

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
The Partridges and the Bradys needed rehab. Alice Cooper is a golfer. Just an observation.
Alice Cooper was more of a grown up when he became famous. Makes a difference. Other than Shirley Temple and maybe the Olsen twins, which child stars grew up to be sober productive and well grounded? Not many. It is easier to name teh ones who did not.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>so who'a gonna slappa da bass?
You know that started as a Gershwin piece, don't you?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Alice Cooper was more of a grown up when he became famous. Makes a difference. Other than Shirley Temple and maybe the Olsen twins, which child stars grew up to be sober productive and well grounded? Not many. It is easier to name teh ones who did not.
True. It was more of an observation of how some people back in the day thought he was "the devil" "satanic" blah blah blah and looked to these perfect tv families as the ideal of how things should be. <shrug> Personally I think most people in show business are a *tad* screwed up, even the "normal" ones.

FTR I love love love Danny Bonaduce. He has a morning radio show here now. Every morning they have a "what do you think about X" type segment. I've called a couple times, because I have an opinion on everything...anyway he had an interesting life, and he owns every single battle scar without trying to make excuses.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I did. Fancy?
Seems more old fashioned and basic to me. That's how we fixed it when I was a kid.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Alice Cooper was more of a grown up when he became famous. Makes a difference. Other than Shirley Temple and maybe the Olsen twins, which child stars grew up to be sober productive and well grounded? Not many. It is easier to name teh ones who did not.
Neil Patrick Harris
Joseph Gordon Levitt

That's only two I can think of. They are rare.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Oh: Molly RIngwold and Jon Cryer, too.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh: Molly RIngwold and Jon Cryer, too.
Emilio Estevez, Judd Nelson.
Ally Sheedy and Anthony Michael Hall turned out ok even though both had substance issues, but they did rehab. They didn't implode like a lot of child stars, so I think they count.

Sorry you got me on a Breakfast Club train.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

And, can I just give an honorable mention to Todd Bridges? Yeah he went off the tracks for a while (what's with the train thing today?) but he got his shi7 together. <nod>

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Heh, so apparently my MIL was cool with my SIL being engaged because she didn't understand what all that entailed.

J and I took her out to lunch on Saturday and we were talking about it. MIL: "Well...it's not like she has a ring or anything." Us: "Yes, she does. He ordered it and it came in the week after they were in town to announce the engagement. There's pictures up on Facebook and everything." (I don't know how she missed that, she lives on FB)

MIL: "It's not...like...real, is it?" Me: "Yes, it's a nice little diamond. Not super expensive, but respectable. She's got it insured."

MIL: "Well...they said they were going to wait a while." Us: "Yeah...by 'wait' they meant a year and a half. They're looking to get married before their junior year. Summer 2014."

Then she starts asking questions about how that will work and we tell her they'd get an apartment in one of the "married" apartment buildings. And that's when she started crying.:-/

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
And, can I just give an honorable mention to Todd Bridges? Yeah he went off the tracks for a while (what's with the train thing today?) but he got his shi7 together. <nod>
I can't believe he's the only one left.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Neil Patrick Harris
Joseph Gordon Levitt
That's only two I can think of. They are rare.
Many of those who didn't stay in the business did much better than those who remained in it.
Ron and Clint Howard have done great. The Howard family was in show business, and the parents were grounded and didn't let the boys get twisted up.
Jeannie Russell (Margaret in Dennis the Menace)became a chiropractor.
Paul Petersen from the Donna Reed Show has been involved in helping kids in show business.
What I've noticed is the amount of eft up the kids are, seems to be in direct proportion to how eft up the parents are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Heh, so apparently my MIL was cool with my SIL being engaged because she didn't understand what all that entailed.
J and I took her out to lunch on Saturday and we were talking about it. MIL: "Well...it's not like she has a ring or anything." Us: "Yes, she does. He ordered it and it came in the week after they were in town to announce the engagement. There's pictures up on Facebook and everything." (I don't know how she missed that, she lives on FB)
MIL: "It's not...like...real, is it?" Me: "Yes, it's a nice little diamond. Not super expensive, but respectable. She's got it insured."
MIL: "Well...they said they were going to wait a while." Us: "Yeah...by 'wait' they meant a year and a half. They're looking to get married before their junior year. Summer 2014."
Then she starts asking questions about how that will work and we tell her they'd get an apartment in one of the "married" apartment buildings. And that's when she started crying.:-/
I don't get it. Everything you said to her seems blatantly obvious to me. Did she think this was just a phase and wasn't actually going to happen?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

I called to get an appointment with a rheumotologist, and there's a cancellation at 2 p.m. on Wednesday! I'm in!

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Many of those who didn't stay in the business did much better than those who remained in it.
Ron and Clint Howard have done great. The Howard family was in show business, and the parents were grounded and didn't let the boys get twisted up.
Jeannie Russell (Margaret in Dennis the Menace)became a chiropractor.
Paul Petersen from the Donna Reed Show has been involved in helping kids in show business.
What I've noticed is the amount of eft up the kids are, seems to be in direct proportion to how eft up the parents are.
Danica McKellar
Mayim Bialik
Johnny Galecki
Kaley Cuoco
Sara Gilbert

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe he's the only one left.
Right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info