|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
???
<quoted text>Ice cold milk is nectr from God himself. Why ruin it with heat?
Wish I could say the same. Lactose intolerant, wouldn't take a bottle after age 10 months. So milk is gross to me. I assume your bys lve it?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Wait that's a basketball score? Seems more like a good football game.
Exactly.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>???
j_m_w wrote, "
And a word to the wise... Nuking milk for 2 minute is more than enough."

Ice cold milk is nectr from God himself. Why ruin it with heat?
To make hot chocolate.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)
Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken
White Stripes
----------
Blue Orchid
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
As Ugly As I Seem
You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do as You're Told)
We're Going to Be Friends

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Honey Boo Boo

I think I can actually feel my brain cells dying.
I keep hearing people defend them, like "They seem so tight knit and they genuinely care about each other.".

Okay...but they're still gross as hell...just because they seem to get along doesn't mean they should be emulated.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If I say her name out loud like to nick, I say P-Ellen.
Yup, that's how I addressed her on the street.

I had a dream once that we all met up in a restaurant and were calling each other by our screen names. The other diners were looking at us funny.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to sew and have been playing with the idea of getting a new machine. I've been thinking, would it be better to get a simple machine like a 70 stitch one or go for the more computerized one and grow into it. Never had a serger, would probably be a good thing.
Then I think I should get the simple one and if I decide to explore further, then purchase another. A back-up simple machine might be a good thing.
Thoughts?
i have a really simple one - a singer that i got at target for something like $130... it does applique, and that's enough for me. i've never had a serger either. hubby encourages me to get a fancier one if i want, but one of the stores that i follow has "$1000 off and $500 in freebies" with unadvertized prices... if it's $1000 off, it's too expensive for me! i stick wiht smaller projects, but have been toying wiht the idea of making a bed-sized quilt. the one on my avatar right now is a lap quilt and a recent pet project of mine...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I assume your bys lve it?
Just another beverage option to them. They don't love it like dad does.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
To make hot chocolate.
I use swiss miss and water. you must have some fancy stuff

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Did you guys see Mindy McCready killed herself? I'd have no idea who she was were it not for Celebrity Rehab. Sad...has 2 kids.

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "sew." Never really learned how, even with the mandatory-for-girls-only chauvinistic curriculum in the 8th grade (1975) class. I do however have a Singer cheap-y (like $100.00-ish) I bought just for doing ripped seams, hems, etc. I *can* sew a straight seam. More or less. <shrug>
i to tend to be a straight line sewer... i'm working on some baby toys right now taht aren't "straight lines" per se but are not like clothing either. i'm making 4 this time; i'll try to remember to put htem up wehn they're all done.

i can but don't fix clothing. i have made clothes when i was in junior high and high school, including a fancy dress for the winter formal (that i almost didn't go to; it was a tight finish when some girls asked if i wanted to join them).

one of my co-workers is encouraging me to get on etsy... we'll see. <shrug> i might maybe (if i cna get my shit together) see about sewing enough christmas stockings to do a holiday craft show...

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
A sewer friend said Kenmore is a reliable brand, but I've heard the same about Singer and Brother, too. Do you know how to sew? I don't - I took classes through community ed, but was working on my gifted 1940s machine (which ended up on fire and throw away) and mistakenly chose a too-difficult pattern (too many pieces, although it was just PJs).
I'm willing to try again.
if you want to try again, i'd say look for a machine at a place like Joann and look for classes at independent stores. i've found a couple independent quilting shops that have beginner classes, and they cover clothes, basic skills and other projects, not just quilting.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I use swiss miss and water. you must have some fancy stuff
I use milk and Hershey's syrup. Is that fancy?

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Our insurance changed and is worse and very complicate with tons of paperwork, so people are avoiding going to the doctor. People with kids have been forced to learn the new system.
When I wake up in the morning, I have fingers (especially my right thumb) I can barely move, and the pain is incredible. My knuckles are swollen. this is just in the last few months.
sounds like Rheumatoid Arthritis... my mom has RA and basically refuses to treat it. loss of appetite is one of the earlier side affects, as is the swelling.

the daugher of someone i work iwht has it, and she reminded me that RA is degenerative. as sucky as navigating new insurance is, look into seeing someone so that you can get on the right treatment path sooner rather than later.

good luck.

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If I say her name out loud like to nick, I say P-Ellen.
i have a printout of your snickerdoodle recipe somewhere, and hubby saw it. i had to label it Angela aka redheadwithglasses snickerdoodles. he asked about that one... i have a once-good friend IRL named angela, so i had to differentiate.

Pelly, you're my "walking buddy" to hubby.

but then, he's admitted that he's bad wiht names, so even if he did ever meet any of you IRL, you'd be your screen names as well as yiur real names...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My college boyfriend took me to see Megadeth and Alice Cooper for my 19th birthday in 1987 (I was not a fan of either).

from wiki:

In 1986, Megadeth was asked to open for Cooper for dates on his US Constrictor tour. After noticing the hardcore abuse of alcohol and other drugs in the band, Cooper personally approached the band members to try to help them control their abuse, and he has stayed close to front man Dave Mustaine, who considers Cooper to be his "godfather".[99] Since overcoming his own addiction to alcohol in the mid-1980s, Cooper has continued to help and counsel other rock musicians with addiction problems. "I've made myself very available to friends of mine – they're people who would call me late at night and say,'Between you and me, I've got a problem.'"[100] In recognition of the work he has done in helping other addicts in the recovery process, Cooper received in 2008 the Stevie Ray Vaughan Award at the fourth annual MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert in Los Angeles.
The more I learn about him, the more I like him :)

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
TMI ALERT.

Heh. Nick and I had a bad morning -- not a fight but a conversation and there were tears on both sides (i've NEVER seen him cry). before I left, we were good, and he said, "You're not going to send me some novella via email later, are you? Because if you have something more to say, we should talk about it, not send an email." (I absolutely agreed, and had no plans to send an email.)

So early this afternoon, I sent him an email subject line "Long email" then in the body "ha! Kidding!"

He just called me from Kohl's. "I was shopping, waiting in line at Kohl's, and my phone went off to tell me I had an email. "Oh, an email from Angela, what's she have to say?" He saw the subject line and said his stomach lurched at "long email."

My phone rings and I see it's him. I answered it, "Are you done shitting your pants? hahahahaha!" He laughed his butt off and said "you fucker! Revenge is gonna be sweet!"

I know not every relationship can take that kind of joking or language but it suits us. Heck, last weekend during sex I joked about pooping the bed and he stopped and said with 100% sincerity: "You. Are. Awesome."

:)
I love love love that you guys are so happy!

The way I always viewed happy relationships when I wasn't in one was that they gave me hope because I could see that great relationships exist and I didn't have to settle for less than that.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I learn about him, the more I like him :)
The Partridges and the Bradys needed rehab. Alice Cooper is a golfer. Just an observation.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>I use milk and Hershey's syrup. Is that fancy?
That's what I did. Fancy?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••