Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 3,976)

Showing posts 79,501 - 79,520 of96,157
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80564
Feb 17, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! After the fight has had a chance to breathe, though.
;)
My dinner: vegetable soup, PB&J sandwich, hard boiled egg, wine. And I ran to the corner store a little while ago and paid almost $4 for a half gallon of milk so I can have hot chocolate later. It's COLD here today.
A friend in S FL said there's been a cold snap.

It got down to about 8 here last night. I have a chicken pot pie in the oven. First food in 24 hours.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80565
Feb 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does your wife like PJ? She has shittier ;) taste in music, right, than you do?:) But I'm guessing she is game for a PJ concert with you.
She's not into them, but she'll listen. Has some that she actually likes(Nothing man). Been to 2 shows with me.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80566
Feb 17, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Weeellll, its no Funk Sould Brother, but that Christopher Walken video was pretty good.
:)
Rockefeller Skank is a good song but it got over played. One Christmas there was an animatronic ninja hampster singing it. Totally ruined it for me.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80567
Feb 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>A friend in S FL said there's been a cold snap.

It got down to about 8 here last night. I have a chicken pot pie in the oven. First food in 24 hours.
Were you fasting on purpose?

I took a nap this afternoon and had a dream about jasper moving out. You know those dreams where you wake up and feel relieved that it wasn't true? This was the opposite.
:(

Thank goodness I've been sleeping decently at night. I'd go nuts if this happened every day.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80568
Feb 17, 2013
 
Angela check your email.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80569
Feb 17, 2013
 
He's going to get his PhD in another year or so. *I* should've been there for that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80570
Feb 17, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)
Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken
I love austin city limits!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80571
Feb 17, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you fasting on purpose?
I took a nap this afternoon and had a dream about jasper moving out. You know those dreams where you wake up and feel relieved that it wasn't true? This was the opposite.
:(
Thank goodness I've been sleeping decently at night. I'd go nuts if this happened every day.
Not fasting, just have lost my appetite now and then for the last several months.

Nick is worried that I have arthritis or MS.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80572
Feb 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Not fasting, just have lost my appetite now and then for the last several months.

Nick is worried that I have arthritis or MS.
Yikes
:(

Take care of yourself.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80573
Feb 17, 2013
 
Just called a friend. Wife answered. Said he was out at concert. I asked who he was seeing. She had no idea. That seems odd to me that your spouse is out at a concert and you have no idea who it is.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80574
Feb 17, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
Just called a friend. Wife answered. Said he was out at concert. I asked who he was seeing. She had no idea. That seems odd to me that your spouse is out at a concert and you have no idea who it is.
Agreed. And unless it's a band my spouse really doesn't care for, he's with me.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80575
Feb 17, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikes
:(
Take care of yourself.
Thanks. Our insurance changed and is worse and very complicate with tons of paperwork, so people are avoiding going to the doctor. People with kids have been forced to learn the new system.

When I wake up in the morning, I have fingers (especially my right thumb) I can barely move, and the pain is incredible. My knuckles are swollen. this is just in the last few months.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80576
Feb 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks. Our insurance changed and is worse and very complicate with tons of paperwork, so people are avoiding going to the doctor. People with kids have been forced to learn the new system.

When I wake up in the morning, I have fingers (especially my right thumb) I can barely move, and the pain is incredible. My knuckles are swollen. this is just in the last few months.
Geez! You're scaring me.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80577
Feb 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. And unless it's a band my spouse really doesn't care for, he's with me.
This.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80578
Feb 17, 2013
 
I'm so glad I went to see Journey last fall with friends. Can't wait for the next concert outing. A friend from work wants me to go see some country bands with her next month at Ribfest. I hate country music but I like good food, cold beer, and fun with friends, so.....

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80579
Feb 17, 2013
 
It's 48 degrees!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80581
Feb 17, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Our insurance changed and is worse and very complicate with tons of paperwork, so people are avoiding going to the doctor. People with kids have been forced to learn the new system.
When I wake up in the morning, I have fingers (especially my right thumb) I can barely move, and the pain is incredible. My knuckles are swollen. this is just in the last few months.
Dr Pelly checking in here.

Bite the bullet. See the doctor. Ask for blood work. How do your other joints feel?

FWIW it doesn't sound like MS, but what do I know?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80582
Feb 17, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
It's 48 degrees!
29 here. Seems nice out by comparison! We're due for snow on Thursday, might be our last snow of the season.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80583
Feb 17, 2013
 
This is a random observation/inquiry.

I have been coming to the Amby sites and Topix for about 5+ years. I am beginning to think of my screen name, Pelly as haviung an elemnet of real-ness and authenticity. I am somewaht surprised at that.

Like jmw we can say things here but not too much. Argue positions, gripe or talk or praise SO's, talk about intimate stuff that probably doesn't come up at home.

Pellen/Pelly is taking on a life of her own. If someone called me by Pelly IRL, I am pretty sure I would answer.

Anyone else notice this?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80584
Feb 17, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
It's 48 degrees!
That's warm!

It's all about the perspective, jmw.
:D

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,501 - 79,520 of96,157
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min mdbuilder 43,037
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,200
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Yeah 1,034,753
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Frank 167,696
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,034
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Chicagobunny 47,080
Bridgeport site targeted for high school rowing... (May '08) 4 hr Daniel Izguerra 8
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••