|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi:
A friend just sent me an mp3 of an Alice Cooper song I loved as a kid but didn't know it was him: "I never cry." Check it out!@
Is that off the AC Goes to Hell Album?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

NM ust Googled it. It is. LOL

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

I msgd you at FB re: another Alice Cooper song. Amazing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Next time we're all fighting here, someone needs to pull a Tonka (like his "name a band and the top 5 songs you'd play....").

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Next time we're all fighting here, someone needs to pull a Tonka (like his "name a band and the top 5 songs you'd play....").
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)

Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

in the 92 GnR World Tour, Axl used lyrics for other songs sort of as intros to GnR songs. Only Women Bleed was one of them. I'd nver heard it. Didn't know it was from some other song. First time I ever heard it...was at a hole n the wall strip club .

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)
Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken

I have three BH CDs (The one with "burn one down" and then a double CD set from later years).

Question: I've heard that there's a PJ song that has different lyrics every time they sing it. Have you heard of this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

I admit that I love yellow ledbetter -- more for the guitar playing than anything. I just like how it sounds.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three BH CDs (The one with "burn one down" and then a double CD set from later years).
Ah, yes. Burn One Down. I forgot my audience. I would definitely play that for the NORML crowd. Great song.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Question: I've heard that there's a PJ song that has different lyrics every time they sing it. Have you heard of this?
Yellow Ledbetter. Its not so much that the lyics are different every time, but it kinda changes a little depending on the night. I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

One thing that I really like in a musician, is when they play with other people. Showing up on stage with some other band, just for a song or 2. Un-announced. That shit can turn a decent set into a great show.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes. Burn One Down. I forgot my audience. I would definitely play that for the NORML crowd. Great song.
<quoted text>Yellow Ledbetter. Its not so much that the lyics are different every time, but it kinda changes a little depending on the night. I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.
I like that whole CD (Fight for your Mind - the name escaped me for a bit there). but that song was the first pro-pot song that came from a nontypical stoner for me.

Yellow Ledbetter -- okay, cool. It's a gorgeous song.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Does your wife like PJ? She has shittier ;) taste in music, right, than you do?:) But I'm guessing she is game for a PJ concert with you.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.
Or it could just be that he mumbles thru it so much that it just sounds different.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yes! After the fight has had a chance to breathe, though.
;)

My dinner: vegetable soup, PB&J sandwich, hard boiled egg, wine. And I ran to the corner store a little while ago and paid almost $4 for a half gallon of milk so I can have hot chocolate later. It's COLD here today.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And I couldn't go to sleep anyway without responding to this.
Fatboy Slim:
Weapon of Choice
Everybody Needs a 303
Give the Po' Man a Break
Jin Go Lo Ba
And I can't decide between Kalifornia and Love Island. They're both on the same album <mimishrug >
Weeellll, its no Funk Sould Brother, but that Christopher Walken video was pretty good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! After the fight has had a chance to breathe, though.
;)
My dinner: vegetable soup, PB&J sandwich, hard boiled egg, wine. And I ran to the corner store a little while ago and paid almost $4 for a half gallon of milk so I can have hot chocolate later. It's COLD here today.
A friend in S FL said there's been a cold snap.

It got down to about 8 here last night. I have a chicken pot pie in the oven. First food in 24 hours.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does your wife like PJ? She has shittier ;) taste in music, right, than you do?:) But I'm guessing she is game for a PJ concert with you.
She's not into them, but she'll listen. Has some that she actually likes(Nothing man). Been to 2 shows with me.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Weeellll, its no Funk Sould Brother, but that Christopher Walken video was pretty good.
Rockefeller Skank is a good song but it got over played. One Christmas there was an animatronic ninja hampster singing it. Totally ruined it for me.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>A friend in S FL said there's been a cold snap.

It got down to about 8 here last night. I have a chicken pot pie in the oven. First food in 24 hours.
Were you fasting on purpose?

I took a nap this afternoon and had a dream about jasper moving out. You know those dreams where you wake up and feel relieved that it wasn't true? This was the opposite.
:(

Thank goodness I've been sleeping decently at night. I'd go nuts if this happened every day.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Angela check your email.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RealDave 1,096,131
Abby 8-22 3 min edogxxx 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min You Dont Know Jack 49,270
Amy 8-22 6 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min JOEL 68,843
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 176,801
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 hr CDC 42

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 5:30AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••