Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG isn't that a GREAT song?
I had completely forgot about that song. Just put it up on youtube. Don't think I ever focused that was Alice Cooper before.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that!:D
I didn't until like 4-5 years ago.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to sew and have been playing with the idea of getting a new machine. I've been thinking, would it be better to get a simple machine like a 70 stitch one or go for the more computerized one and grow into it. Never had a serger, would probably be a good thing.
Then I think I should get the simple one and if I decide to explore further, then purchase another. A back-up simple machine might be a good thing.
Thoughts?
I was just talking to two sewing coworkers about this (both made their own wedding dresses!). They felt that rather than buying a cheaper new one (for simple things), a better way to go would be to buy a nice used one on Craigslist. Like, better to buy one that retailed for $200 (and I know, that's no fancy sewing machine, but you also can get them for $100 or less) or more, and get it used, than to get that $100 at Target brand new.

FWIW.

I just want a sewing machine for simple things: Hemming pants, making pillows/mending pillow cases (I have some vintage ones from estate sales), making simple curtains, etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I had completely forgot about that song. Just put it up on youtube. Don't think I ever focused that was Alice Cooper before.
Nick and I spend some date nights just him on his compute,r me on my ipad, goig through songs we want to check out, and then playing them for each other. It's a fun way to find new music.

Or he'll go through a playlist and see how fast it takes me to name a group.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just talking to two sewing coworkers about this (both made their own wedding dresses!). They felt that rather than buying a cheaper new one (for simple things), a better way to go would be to buy a nice used one on Craigslist. Like, better to buy one that retailed for $200 (and I know, that's no fancy sewing machine, but you also can get them for $100 or less) or more, and get it used, than to get that $100 at Target brand new.
FWIW.
I just want a sewing machine for simple things: Hemming pants, making pillows/mending pillow cases (I have some vintage ones from estate sales), making simple curtains, etc.
I don't "sew." Never really learned how, even with the mandatory-for-girls-only chauvinistic curriculum in the 8th grade (1975) class. I do however have a Singer cheap-y (like $100.00-ish) I bought just for doing ripped seams, hems, etc. I *can* sew a straight seam. More or less. <shrug>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

TMI ALERT.

Heh. Nick and I had a bad morning -- not a fight but a conversation and there were tears on both sides (i've NEVER seen him cry). before I left, we were good, and he said, "You're not going to send me some novella via email later, are you? Because if you have something more to say, we should talk about it, not send an email." (I absolutely agreed, and had no plans to send an email.)

So early this afternoon, I sent him an email subject line "Long email" then in the body "ha! Kidding!"

He just called me from Kohl's. "I was shopping, waiting in line at Kohl's, and my phone went off to tell me I had an email. "Oh, an email from Angela, what's she have to say?" He saw the subject line and said his stomach lurched at "long email."

My phone rings and I see it's him. I answered it, "Are you done shitting your pants? hahahahaha!" He laughed his butt off and said "you fucker! Revenge is gonna be sweet!"

I know not every relationship can take that kind of joking or language but it suits us. Heck, last weekend during sex I joked about pooping the bed and he stopped and said with 100% sincerity: "You. Are. Awesome."

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mimi:

A friend just sent me an mp3 of an Alice Cooper song I loved as a kid but didn't know it was him: "I never cry." Check it out!@

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
FWIW.
The prices have come down on some good ones. I've read up and while Singer has the name, Brother seems to have more satisfied customers. I've heard Juki is a really good machine but I think Brother will be just fine for me.

While this probably would do fine for now: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Project-CE7070P...

There's so many others out there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
The prices have come down on some good ones. I've read up and while Singer has the name, Brother seems to have more satisfied customers. I've heard Juki is a really good machine but I think Brother will be just fine for me.
While this probably would do fine for now: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Project-CE7070P...
There's so many others out there.
A sewer friend said Kenmore is a reliable brand, but I've heard the same about Singer and Brother, too. Do you know how to sew? I don't - I took classes through community ed, but was working on my gifted 1940s machine (which ended up on fire and throw away) and mistakenly chose a too-difficult pattern (too many pieces, although it was just PJs).

I'm willing to try again.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi:
A friend just sent me an mp3 of an Alice Cooper song I loved as a kid but didn't know it was him: "I never cry." Check it out!@
Is that off the AC Goes to Hell Album?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

NM ust Googled it. It is. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

I msgd you at FB re: another Alice Cooper song. Amazing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Next time we're all fighting here, someone needs to pull a Tonka (like his "name a band and the top 5 songs you'd play....").

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Next time we're all fighting here, someone needs to pull a Tonka (like his "name a band and the top 5 songs you'd play....").
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)

Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

in the 92 GnR World Tour, Axl used lyrics for other songs sort of as intros to GnR songs. Only Women Bleed was one of them. I'd nver heard it. Didn't know it was from some other song. First time I ever heard it...was at a hole n the wall strip club .

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)
Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken

I have three BH CDs (The one with "burn one down" and then a double CD set from later years).

Question: I've heard that there's a PJ song that has different lyrics every time they sing it. Have you heard of this?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

I admit that I love yellow ledbetter -- more for the guitar playing than anything. I just like how it sounds.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three BH CDs (The one with "burn one down" and then a double CD set from later years).
Ah, yes. Burn One Down. I forgot my audience. I would definitely play that for the NORML crowd. Great song.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Question: I've heard that there's a PJ song that has different lyrics every time they sing it. Have you heard of this?
Yellow Ledbetter. Its not so much that the lyics are different every time, but it kinda changes a little depending on the night. I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

One thing that I really like in a musician, is when they play with other people. Showing up on stage with some other band, just for a song or 2. Un-announced. That shit can turn a decent set into a great show.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes. Burn One Down. I forgot my audience. I would definitely play that for the NORML crowd. Great song.
<quoted text>Yellow Ledbetter. Its not so much that the lyics are different every time, but it kinda changes a little depending on the night. I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.
I like that whole CD (Fight for your Mind - the name escaped me for a bit there). but that song was the first pro-pot song that came from a nontypical stoner for me.

Yellow Ledbetter -- okay, cool. It's a gorgeous song.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,461 - 79,480 of97,502
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min Yumpin Yimminy 67,815
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 20 min Corrupt Democrats 1,849
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Grey Ghost 1,077,553
Abby 7-22 28 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-22 29 min edogxxx 1
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 1 hr bensleys thoughts 1
Thousands march in downtown Chicago in support ... 1 hr bensleys thoughts 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••