Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80546 Feb 17, 2013
Mimi:

A friend just sent me an mp3 of an Alice Cooper song I loved as a kid but didn't know it was him: "I never cry." Check it out!@

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80547 Feb 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just talking to two sewing coworkers about this (both made their own wedding dresses!). They felt that rather than buying a cheaper new one (for simple things), a better way to go would be to buy a nice used one on Craigslist. Like, better to buy one that retailed for $200 (and I know, that's no fancy sewing machine, but you also can get them for $100 or less) or more, and get it used, than to get that $100 at Target brand new.
FWIW.
I just want a sewing machine for simple things: Hemming pants, making pillows/mending pillow cases (I have some vintage ones from estate sales), making simple curtains, etc.
The prices have come down on some good ones. I've read up and while Singer has the name, Brother seems to have more satisfied customers. I've heard Juki is a really good machine but I think Brother will be just fine for me.

While this probably would do fine for now: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Project-CE7070P...

There's so many others out there.

Location hidden

#80548 Feb 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
The prices have come down on some good ones. I've read up and while Singer has the name, Brother seems to have more satisfied customers. I've heard Juki is a really good machine but I think Brother will be just fine for me.
While this probably would do fine for now: http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Project-CE7070P...
There's so many others out there.
A sewer friend said Kenmore is a reliable brand, but I've heard the same about Singer and Brother, too. Do you know how to sew? I don't - I took classes through community ed, but was working on my gifted 1940s machine (which ended up on fire and throw away) and mistakenly chose a too-difficult pattern (too many pieces, although it was just PJs).

I'm willing to try again.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#80549 Feb 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi:
A friend just sent me an mp3 of an Alice Cooper song I loved as a kid but didn't know it was him: "I never cry." Check it out!@
Is that off the AC Goes to Hell Album?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#80550 Feb 17, 2013
NM ust Googled it. It is. LOL

Location hidden

#80551 Feb 17, 2013
I msgd you at FB re: another Alice Cooper song. Amazing.

Location hidden

#80552 Feb 17, 2013
Next time we're all fighting here, someone needs to pull a Tonka (like his "name a band and the top 5 songs you'd play....").

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80553 Feb 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Next time we're all fighting here, someone needs to pull a Tonka (like his "name a band and the top 5 songs you'd play....").
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)

Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80554 Feb 17, 2013
in the 92 GnR World Tour, Axl used lyrics for other songs sort of as intros to GnR songs. Only Women Bleed was one of them. I'd nver heard it. Didn't know it was from some other song. First time I ever heard it...was at a hole n the wall strip club .

:)

Location hidden

#80555 Feb 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Pearl Jam
==========
-Porch (preferably a live version, like at Pink Pop
-Yellow Ledbetter
-State of Love and Trust (in the later years when Eddie started dropping the F-bomb more freely)
-Black
-Red Mosquito (preferably with Ben Harper sitting in, Like at Austin City limits)
Ben Harper
==========
-Another Lonely Day
-Diamonds on the Inside
-Shimmer & Shine
-The Drugs Don't Work
-I Will Not Be Broken

I have three BH CDs (The one with "burn one down" and then a double CD set from later years).

Question: I've heard that there's a PJ song that has different lyrics every time they sing it. Have you heard of this?

Location hidden

#80556 Feb 17, 2013
I admit that I love yellow ledbetter -- more for the guitar playing than anything. I just like how it sounds.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80557 Feb 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I have three BH CDs (The one with "burn one down" and then a double CD set from later years).
Ah, yes. Burn One Down. I forgot my audience. I would definitely play that for the NORML crowd. Great song.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Question: I've heard that there's a PJ song that has different lyrics every time they sing it. Have you heard of this?
Yellow Ledbetter. Its not so much that the lyics are different every time, but it kinda changes a little depending on the night. I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80558 Feb 17, 2013
One thing that I really like in a musician, is when they play with other people. Showing up on stage with some other band, just for a song or 2. Un-announced. That shit can turn a decent set into a great show.

Location hidden

#80559 Feb 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes. Burn One Down. I forgot my audience. I would definitely play that for the NORML crowd. Great song.
<quoted text>Yellow Ledbetter. Its not so much that the lyics are different every time, but it kinda changes a little depending on the night. I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.
I like that whole CD (Fight for your Mind - the name escaped me for a bit there). but that song was the first pro-pot song that came from a nontypical stoner for me.

Yellow Ledbetter -- okay, cool. It's a gorgeous song.

Location hidden

#80560 Feb 17, 2013
Does your wife like PJ? She has shittier ;) taste in music, right, than you do?:) But I'm guessing she is game for a PJ concert with you.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80561 Feb 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I can best describe it as to say he's probably got several differnt verses that fit (and are hard to understand what he's saying anyway) and there's no telling how the sone will go on a given night.
Or it could just be that he mumbles thru it so much that it just sounds different.

West Palm Beach, FL

#80562 Feb 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Yes! After the fight has had a chance to breathe, though.
;)

My dinner: vegetable soup, PB&J sandwich, hard boiled egg, wine. And I ran to the corner store a little while ago and paid almost $4 for a half gallon of milk so I can have hot chocolate later. It's COLD here today.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80563 Feb 17, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And I couldn't go to sleep anyway without responding to this.
Fatboy Slim:
Weapon of Choice
Everybody Needs a 303
Give the Po' Man a Break
Jin Go Lo Ba
And I can't decide between Kalifornia and Love Island. They're both on the same album <mimishrug >
Weeellll, its no Funk Sould Brother, but that Christopher Walken video was pretty good.

Location hidden

#80564 Feb 17, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! After the fight has had a chance to breathe, though.
;)
My dinner: vegetable soup, PB&J sandwich, hard boiled egg, wine. And I ran to the corner store a little while ago and paid almost $4 for a half gallon of milk so I can have hot chocolate later. It's COLD here today.
A friend in S FL said there's been a cold snap.

It got down to about 8 here last night. I have a chicken pot pie in the oven. First food in 24 hours.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80565 Feb 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does your wife like PJ? She has shittier ;) taste in music, right, than you do?:) But I'm guessing she is game for a PJ concert with you.
She's not into them, but she'll listen. Has some that she actually likes(Nothing man). Been to 2 shows with me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min EasyEed 1,153,938
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min Sunshine 181,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,183
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Roxie Darling 718
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance