Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you're sad to hear that news. What is the name of that sorority?
I'm not going to share the name of the sorority here. I'm upset with this decision, but I still have to maintain some loyalty to my sisters :)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
Their official reasons are:
General chapter management
The inability to recruit and meet campus total
Accountability
Interpersonal communications
Those seem rather vague. You'd think they'd have given actual specific reasons before now, so you'dh ave a chance to meet requirements.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

delta delta delta can I helpya helpya helpya?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

triadelt! Everyone else has!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Jess: I just am sad for your chapter. It seems like since you're not serving some greater purpose, the university has seen fit to disband you. I think many many many grads who are sorority members need to remind the university of how much tuition money the U received. I think that's just shitty.

My exbf went to MIT, and he joined a fraternity b/c it was cheaper than the dorms, but the relationships he developed have lasted to this day (he graduated from MIT in 1980). and that fraternity helpd create loyalty that has led to donations to the school's endowment fund.

So long as the sorority isn't asking for any money from the university, the university shouldn't have any way in a greek house's status, so long as major rules haven't been broken.

I'm on your side. Wish I could help!!

p.s. love your photo. Please continue to take them and make sure your boys have copies. they will love it later in life.1993199

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Jess: I just am sad for your chapter. It seems like since you're not serving some greater purpose, the university has seen fit to disband you. I think many many many grads who are sorority members need to remind the university of how much tuition money the U received. I think that's just shitty.

My exbf went to MIT, and he joined a fraternity b/c it was cheaper than the dorms, but the relationships he developed have lasted to this day (he graduated from MIT in 1980). and that fraternity helpd create loyalty that has led to donations to the school's endowment fund.

So long as the sorority isn't asking for any money from the university, the university shouldn't have any way in a greek house's status, so long as major rules haven't been broken.

I'm on your side. Wish I could help!!

p.s. love your photo. Please continue to take them and make sure your boys have copies. they will love it later in life.1993199
Actually, National is revoking our charter, not the University. They can request to recolonize in the future, but the University would have to accept (another sorority did that a few years ago - they are now very exclusive, but not at all the type of sorority that my sisters and I would want to be members of).

The biggest problem is that the girls who are currently undergrads will become alums at the end of the semester and receive no support from National or recognition from the University. The alumni are going to have to step up to provide more support, or at least be more available than in the past, until they graduate.

Thanks for the compliment on the pic :) I have to make more of an effort to get out from behind the camera. I'll try to take pictures at the Polar Bear Plunge next weekend. I'm meeting at least one of my sisters there ;)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

dahgts wrote:
A friend's neighbor was talking to her cousin. Cousin was telling her about remodeling her bathroom. Said she was going to have a shade put over her skylight to keep the drones from seeing her on the toilet, etc.
Member of edog's Club Paranoia?
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworl...
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
yeah, yeah, yeah. I saw that. I still say it's paranoia.
Look up and wave.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up and wave.
That's how i feel in a bathroom that has a skylight.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

I tried posting Amy, but I'm not sure whether it "took." give it some time. I'll try posting Abby now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I tried posting Amy, but I'm not sure whether it "took." give it some time. I'll try posting Abby now.
Amy took.

Thanks for posting. I got distracted with "stuff". I was watching the sky for meteorites and drones. Can't be too careful.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks.

Today's downtown event is India Fest. I can't say I don't like Indian food because I've barely tried it, but I can't stand the strong smell of curry. However, I may go check it out since it's literally in my backyard.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Amy took.
Thanks for posting. I got distracted with "stuff". I was watching the sky for meteorites and drones. Can't be too careful.
Yw! I normally ignore topix and the wapo forums on the weekend, but I'm a tad bit hungover (mostly from not eating much at all yesterday + cocktails) and just sitting here and thought I'd do something useful.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Today's downtown event is India Fest. I can't say I don't like Indian food because I've barely tried it, but I can't stand the strong smell of curry. However, I may go check it out since it's literally in my backyard.
Oh man I love curry!

Have you had indian flat bread? It's like the best pita bread in the world -- softer. Yum.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

60 year old man got mad at a toddler who started to cry when their plane was descending for landing (the cabin pressure changes often make kids cry in that moment), and he SLAPPED the 2yo across the face!!!

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/...

I'd put the asshole on the "doesn't get to fly again ever" list.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up and wave.
I'm glad we have a government that spies on its own people!

-Said no one ever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Except for all that electronic monitoring of citizens that became legal after 9/11, right?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
60 year old man got mad at a toddler who started to cry when their plane was descending for landing (the cabin pressure changes often make kids cry in that moment), and he SLAPPED the 2yo across the face!!!
http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/...
I'd put the asshole on the "doesn't get to fly again ever" list.
According to the affidavit, the boy's mother, Jessica Bennett, 33, said that her son started to cry because of the change in cabin pressure and that she tried to get him to stop, but he kept crying.

At that time, Hundley allegedly "told her to shut that ['N word'] baby up." Then he allegedly turned around and slapped the boy in the face with an open hand, which caused the toddler to scream louder.

Georgia attorney Marcia Shein, who is representing Hundley, said that he is pleading not guilty to the charges.

"Hopefully, this situation can be resolved," she said Friday afternoon. "Both people are probably very nice. No one should rush to judgment."

Yes. He sounds like a very nice person.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man I love curry!
Have you had indian flat bread? It's like the best pita bread in the world -- softer. Yum.
It's called nan and it is delicious. Can only be made in a tandoor.

jmw, you should go. Find some sparkly earrings or necklace. If nothing else, the people watching should be good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,080,432
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr fearless 67,968
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 174,663
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 3 hr FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••