Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Primates are sentient beings, and dolphins are sentient as well -- they're the only nonprimate we know to be sentient (aware of self).

Mimi: edog doesn't believe pigs are are next in line after dolphins in intelligence, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
They;re so easy to cook at home!! easier than regular fish! wehn you want to try, let me nkwo and i'll let you nkow how we do them. or PM me with your e-mail, and i''ll send it to you anyway! This is one thing where it's "go big or go home' when it comes to getting the right stuff from teh right source(s).
ang2568
at
hotmail

Yum! Thank yoU! I use to avoid cooking seafood/shellfish because I was intimidated. Now I"m ready! I have my cooking skills!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Thanks for all the info on scallops everyone!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Primates are sentient beings, and dolphins are sentient as well -- they're the only nonprimate we know to be sentient (aware of self).
Mimi: edog doesn't believe pigs are are next in line after dolphins in intelligence, so you're barking up the wrong tree.
Oh I know. He really is TSTI. It just pisses me off that in this day and age people are still SO hung up on the idea that humans are some kind of special creation that is in no way associated with other animals. Oh did I say humans were animals? Guess I'll get told that we aren't animals...<shrug> Of course me having waaaaayyyyyy more, um, expertise, in the matter than he does makes not one iota of difference. It's probably a liberal conspiracy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Good news: Thought my car had a problem,b ut wasn't sure -- thenmy check engine light came on. thought it was a recurrence of the issue I had last year when the mice got into my engine and chewed up the electrical housing.

Took it in this morning. No problems! The check engine light was for an oil change and the car is actually just fine! woo hoo! Should cost me $15 for their time!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ang2568
at
hotmail
Yum! Thank yoU! I use to avoid cooking seafood/shellfish because I was intimidated. Now I"m ready! I have my cooking skills!
check your email for a preview... i'll send hte rest of the info later...

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I run the word together because h0m o usually gets flagged. And HUMANS ARE NOT APES! We are two different species.
Here stupid. "Hominidae consists of orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, bonobos and humans.[1][2] Alternatively, the hominidae family are collectively described as the great apes.[3][4][5][6

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ape

"Ape" is NOT a species dum dum. There are several species of apes.

First, you need a genus. There are several gerera among apes. For humans it is Homo, for chimpanzees it is Pan, for gorillas, it is Gorilla, orangutan is Pongo, siamang and other gibbons are Symphalangus and so forth.

Ergo, modern humans are Homo sapiens, the common chimpanzee is Pan troglodytes, bonobo chimpanzees are Pan paniscus , gorillas are Gorilla gorilla, orangutans are Pongo pygmaeus pygmaeus, siamangs are Symphalangus syndactylus syndactylus (lots of gibbon speciaes), and so on.

All of them are apes. They are fifferent genera and species but they are all apes, simpleton.

species plural of spe·cies (Noun)
Noun

A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding. The species is the principal...
A group subordinate to a genus and containing individuals agreeing in some common attributes and called by a common name.

Yes we are different species, we are different genera as well, but we are apes. Your denial doesn't change biology. Go ahead and hide your head in the sand. It doesn't change fact.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good news: Thought my car had a problem,b ut wasn't sure -- thenmy check engine light came on. thought it was a recurrence of the issue I had last year when the mice got into my engine and chewed up the electrical housing.
Took it in this morning. No problems! The check engine light was for an oil change and the car is actually just fine! woo hoo! Should cost me $15 for their time!
Yay!!!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Plaza del Lago is actyually a different company! I'm not sure if it's a family tiff or what, but they are separate. the glenview one is the same company as the hinsdale one.
I didn't know that. Their fish is good.
The places Sam mentioned are on Halsted. One is on Lake and teh otehr a block north on Fulton. I had an office near there a few years back. The one on Fulton got a lot of my business. There is also a professional knife store on Lake that is a serious store.

BTW I am having cioppino for lunch. Trader Joes plus a bag of tehir frozen seafood mix plus acan of crushed tomatoes and some cayenne. Enough for 3 people or 2 and lunch

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they ARE fired for being gay. They DO get evicted for being gay (the LL finds out that someone has a boyfriend sleeping over on weekends for example, but wouldn't evict if it were an opposite sex couple).
Don't believe this is happening at all. Many openly gay people are gainfully employed and have a roof over their heads. You should stop getting your news from paranoidprogressives.com .

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

What the hello are you babbeling about tampon? Their your words, I even provided the post# where you said them. Now your going to say I am making them up? Talk about rejection of reality, you cant even admit you typed something....even when the post# is provided as proof!

Logic really eludes you dont it?
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
No crow, dum dum. You are being deliberately obtuse. I explicitly stated in the post I cited to that you can say whatever you want, and you can face how people will characterize and respond. I have said the same thing multiple times now. I would have hoped that you'd have something better to do with your time than fabricate dischord, apparently I was mistaken.
You haven't answered yet: Would you call a black person the N-word? It's your right to do so, right? No limitations on who can use what words, right? Would you do it?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Not to dispute the veracity of the claims, but was the signing by Michael verified by an independent source? Any chance he was coached or encouraged? Did he initiate these conversations?
If we can get gorilla's to carry on an intelligent conversations, does that mean theirs hope for mutt?
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Koko (gorilla) once blamed something on the cat. Another time when Penny (the researcher) had a guest, Koko got into the guest's purse and stole a lipstick. She then created art on a wall. When Penny asked her what happened, Koko signed "Michael did it." Michael was (he's dead now) another gorilla at the center.
Speaking of Michael, he was rescued from poachers who had taken him from the bush when he was like two. Talking to Penny one day he described watching the men with guns kill his mother and cut her head off. That was like 20 years after the fact. So, yeah just as smart as cats and dogs./eyeroll

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe this is happening at all. Many openly gay people are gainfully employed and have a roof over their heads. You should stop getting your news from paranoidprogressives.com .
It DOES happen. The fact that it doesn't happen to every gay person doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

AS: GOT IT! Thanks!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Hi all! So, some of you may remember me talking about how much I loved my sorority in college because it wasn't like a stereotypical sorority. We encouraged individuality and I didn't feel like a "stepford sister".

Well, National just informed us that they are revoking our charter at the end of this semester. They say it is due to low numbers (the membership numbers are exactly the same as when I was active 15 years ago), poor communication and not being competitive on campus. Apparently they said something in another letter about "alternative lifestyles". We (the alum) are not taking that to mean homosexual, but that our sisterhood does not look like the blonde, cheerleader type that is prevalent in chapters in the South. They are intelligent, charismatic and philanthropic, though. Many of my sisters are now lawyers, executives, entrepreneurs and otherwise successful women both in their personal and professional lives.

I am livid and I'm not the only one. RU is a really big university and that sisterhood made it smaller and more manageable, especially for those of us who lived out of state.

/vent over

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

so sick your lawyer alum on them!
Jess in NJ wrote:
Hi all! So, some of you may remember me talking about how much I loved my sorority in college because it wasn't like a stereotypical sorority. We encouraged individuality and I didn't feel like a "stepford sister".
Well, National just informed us that they are revoking our charter at the end of this semester. They say it is due to low numbers (the membership numbers are exactly the same as when I was active 15 years ago), poor communication and not being competitive on campus. Apparently they said something in another letter about "alternative lifestyles". We (the alum) are not taking that to mean homosexual, but that our sisterhood does not look like the blonde, cheerleader type that is prevalent in chapters in the South. They are intelligent, charismatic and philanthropic, though. Many of my sisters are now lawyers, executives, entrepreneurs and otherwise successful women both in their personal and professional lives.
I am livid and I'm not the only one. RU is a really big university and that sisterhood made it smaller and more manageable, especially for those of us who lived out of state.
/vent over

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Jess, you know its all about money right? It's always about money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
/vent over
I am so sorry, Jess.:( What a shame!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm missing something
You are being deliberately obtuse. Go back and re-read. "Ape" IS NOT A SPECIES you freaking moron. I never said we were the same species. "Ape" is a classification. Really, really, really, really, REALLY TSTI!

And, ftr, you are never, ever, EVER right about this. You have no knowledge whatsoever and *I* do. Go argue evolution with your pastor so that at least someone will agree with you.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
Not to dispute the veracity of the claims, but was the signing by Michael verified by an independent source? Any chance he was coached or encouraged? Did he initiate these conversations?
If we can get gorilla's to carry on an intelligent conversations, does that mean theirs hope for mutt?
<quoted text>
If you're really interested I will try to look into the information about Michael. As I recall, there was more than one person present,. I wasn't there of course, but I will try and check out the particulars when I get some free time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••