Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80305 Feb 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
NO stupid you do. Nobody has a corner on what is an acceptable thing to say. If you dont like it, dont listen, but unless I am promoting hatred or violence, you just have to shut your clam about it.
And you moron, I did not say he looked like a monkey, I said he looks like curious george. Take away curious george's tail and you have obamma. Nice try to put words in my mouth though.
Your such an idiot to think ANYONE has the RIGHT to tell me what I can and cannot compare anyone to. Thats the same thinking about the muslims saying you cant make a picture of mohammed. Total BS!
Bet you think their edic to kill that author is a totally good thing dont you?
You get stupider every flipping day.
<quoted text>
What you seem to not understand is the "can't" means "can't do it without offense to a number of people". You can do anything. You can even kill a person. You can break any law you want. You can break any societal norm or convention. No one can control your actions but you have to take the consequences.

Go for it.

You likening someone believing to not offend Muslims to agreeing with everything Muslim is equal to people who are against abortion who agree with killing doctors who perform abortions.

It's very vile thinking to me.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80306 Feb 15, 2013
Mimi: You know the Shell gas company logo? that's the sort of shell scallops come from:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#80307 Feb 15, 2013
Sorry for all these posts. I'm catching up. You all were very busy yesterday!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#80308 Feb 15, 2013
I find it ironic, you have mentioned that word more times in the past 12hrs than I have in the past 12yrs.

keep your panties in a wad, it will make you forget what a bad lay you are.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, it's just a vocal minority of the population that is opposed to the N-word. Everyone else is fine with it. Dunce.

Location hidden

#80309 Feb 15, 2013
Race: The song is like other words: Racism often depends on the intent.

I don't think you're racist.

I think edog is, though. He'll deny it up and down though.

Location hidden

#80310 Feb 15, 2013
I never knew the 'eenie meenie" song contained the N word until I was WELL into adult years. Growing up, we said 'catch the tiger by the toe."
I also never heard of those nuts as "N toes" until I was in my 20s.
I guess my parents raised me right. My dad wasn't a fan of black people -- but that was just a very vague feeling I got. But he never would have used the N word or said something derogatory outright.

Location hidden

#80311 Feb 15, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What you seem to not understand is the "can't" means "can't do it without offense to a number of people". You can do anything. You can even kill a person. You can break any law you want. You can break any societal norm or convention. No one can control your actions but you have to take the consequences.
Go for it.
You likening someone believing to not offend Muslims to agreeing with everything Muslim is equal to people who are against abortion who agree with killing doctors who perform abortions.
It's very vile thinking to me.
bingo.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80312 Feb 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I can see both sides of this issue and there is validity on both sides. Sometimes, it IS racist in intent. But other times, people just go looking to get offended. 2 examples

-There was a flight gettign ready for take off and the flight attendat, trying to get eveyone seated, said "eeney meenie miney moe, grab your seats, we got to go" Anyone see a problem? How many of you said that rhyme a million times as a child? Was there any racist intent? Well 2 black women on the plane said it was racist because the original rhyme says "catch a n---er by the toe", and hey, any use of that rhyme is obviously still racist in intent, right? They sued the airline and I think got the attendant fired.
Yes, they sued the airline (anyone can sue for anything, getting sued doesn't mean squat), and they lost, and the attendant was not fired.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/travel/news/20...
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80313 Feb 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
I find it ironic, you have mentioned that word more times in the past 12hrs than I have in the past 12yrs.
keep your panties in a wad, it will make you forget what a bad lay you are.
<quoted text>
Even more ironic is that you're the one fighting to justify it's use.
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#80314 Feb 15, 2013
A friend's neighbor was talking to her cousin. Cousin was telling her about remodeling her bathroom. Said she was going to have a shade put over her skylight to keep the drones from seeing her on the toilet, etc.
Member of edog's Club Paranoia?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80315 Feb 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
As far as I knew, the original saying was catch a tiger by the toe.
was not till Jr High that I heard any other rendition of it.
<quoted text>
I would guess the vast majority of people at least 50 and under would agree. Even black kids.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80316 Feb 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I also never heard of those nuts as "N toes" until I was in my 20s.
Ok. forgive my deficit of racist references. WTF are you talking about?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#80317 Feb 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> I would guess the vast majority of people at least 50 and under would agree. Even black kids.
Growing up, it was "catch a tiger" at school. Everywhere else, you heard the other version. I still think the law suit was without merit and glad they lost.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#80318 Feb 15, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
Civil rights: the nonpolitical rights of a citizen, basic rights: rights that all citizens of a society are supposed to have.
Name ONE right a straight man has that a gay man does not. Just one. I bet you can't.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#80319 Feb 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't think you're racist.
I think edog is, though. He'll deny it up and down though.
And why would you think this? Not that I care one bit what you think of me, I just want to see if you can back it up.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80320 Feb 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. forgive my deficit of racist references. WTF are you talking about?
I think it's Brazil nuts. An older guy at my last office used that phrase - someone sent some mixed nuts for the holidays - and it did not go well for him.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#80321 Feb 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Ok. forgive my deficit of racist references. WTF are you talking about?
I think almonds. I'm not a hundred percent though.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#80322 Feb 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Name ONE right a straight man has that a gay man does not. Just one. I bet you can't.
Well, one right would have been the state to recognize their relationship with their significant other in a ceremony called marriage. Thankfully, that's been taken care of now in Illinois.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80323 Feb 15, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they sued the airline (anyone can sue for anything, getting sued doesn't mean squat), and they lost, and the attendant was not fired.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/travel/news/20...
Yeah but the Disney worker was,

and while looking for that story, I found a Southwest Airline worker who was for the exact same thing.

http://dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com/...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#80324 Feb 15, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Growing up, it was "catch a tiger" at school. Everywhere else, you heard the other version. I still think the law suit was without merit and glad they lost.
Where's everywhere else? from who? Other than at school or playing with other school kids after school, where and when were people singing this rhyme in any form? Guess I just did not grow up around open racists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,591
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,115,149
Amy 10-1 8 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min Eric 69,522
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Earthling-1 47,008
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr D-U-H 50,041
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Mandela 68,560

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]