|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
An excellent take on Valentine's Day by the S*&^ My Dad Says guy:
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2013/02/how-...
Love that. I've msgd back and forth a bit with Justin Halpern: Super nice, humble, open to people. I think he's a talented and funny writer. I'm halfway through "I suck at girls" and he makes me laugh out loud.

Or as some comedian on twitter said the other night, LOL: Lick Oprah's Labia.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RACE wrote:
And sam,
Why is it ok for Jessie to call obamma "an uppity N*" but not myself?
Who's Jessie?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

If you read his "shit my dad says" book, there's a hilarious bit about how his dad gave him the sex talk. AT Denny's. DRopping F bombs and worse. NExt to a table of college kids who heard everything.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
And sam,
Oh, if you mean Jesse Jackson (?), the answer is: because you're not black.

When white people use the word, there's blatant racism in it. Even if you dn't mean it (like, if you grew up in the black projects, you likely will have black friends and use the N word like they do). But because others who don't know you will assume that by your use of the N word you are a racist, they either will be offended or wahtever, OR they are racist and they will think "yup, another N hater just like me, right on!" and that's not a message you should want to send.

And c'mon. It's the N word. If you want ot use it so bad, either use it in south Chicago around black dudes, or don't use it at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text> Has he seen a picture of the guy???
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images...
Not just racist, but stupid and wrong. That dude is white.
Yeah, he saw "african" but missed the part that the dude is a white south afrikaaner.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I had a date with a SOuth AFrikaan. Dude turned out to be turned on by only one thing: Women having sex wtih dogs.

He was GORGEOUS, fun, smart, funny... and no thanks. Check, please.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to make that argument to any black person. "Hey, but he does look like a monkey, right?"
You don't compare black people to monkeys. Period. If you don't get that, you move to the head of the line of the TSTI club.
Hasn't he always been there?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Totally disagree!
Jessie used that word in the worst connotation possible, the fact that he is black does not mean he did not mean it in the most derogatory way possible, because he did! The fact that he is black simply absolved him of his totally gross statement.

And please go back and read the definition of racism I provided, there is no mention that for me to use the word means I believe that I am superior to the black race. There are oodles and oodles of black people that are smarter, stronger and richer then me, more so than I could ever hope to be. To say that I feel superior to anyone of another race is a flat out lie, no matter what words I use, and to say its "blatant racism" is just more BS.

The way I see it, either we can ALL use the word or NOBODY can. There is no protected class on words.

I dont want to hear all the mewling about how when blacks do it, its cultural but when whites do it its racism. That double standard does not wash me me. Dont want me to say it, them maybe you should clean your own house before you come into mine. Maybe when we all agree that the word is simply a word and is not a reflection of the person it is spoken to only a reflection of the person speaking it, then the word will finally lose its place in language.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
When white people use the word, there's blatant racism in it. Even if you dn't mean it (like, if you grew up in the black projects, you likely will have black friends and use the N word like they do). But because others who don't know you will assume that by your use of the N word you are a racist, they either will be offended or wahtever, OR they are racist and they will think "yup, another N hater just like me, right on!" and that's not a message you should want to send.
And c'mon. It's the N word. If you want ot use it so bad, either use it in south Chicago around black dudes, or don't use it at all.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
NO stupid you do. Nobody has a corner on what is an acceptable thing to say. If you dont like it, dont listen, but unless I am promoting hatred or violence, you just have to shut your clam about it.
And you moron, I did not say he looked like a monkey, I said he looks like curious george. Take away curious george's tail and you have obamma. Nice try to put words in my mouth though.
Your such an idiot to think ANYONE has the RIGHT to tell me what I can and cannot compare anyone to. Thats the same thinking about the muslims saying you cant make a picture of mohammed. Total BS!
Bet you think their edic to kill that author is a totally good thing dont you?
You get stupider every flipping day.
<quoted text>
Wow, you hate me so much you're really going to try to justify saying a black guy looks like a monkey. And this - "I did not say he looked like a monkey, I said he looks like curious george. Take away curious george's tail and you have obamma. Nice try to put words in my mouth though." - goes in your Top-10 imbecilic statements of all time. You didn't say Obama looks like a monkey, you said he looks like Curious George. Gee, what is Curious George? Oh, that's right! A monkey!

And you can say whatever you want (please please please show me where I said you couldn't), but others equally have the right to characterize what you say. Some characterizations are prevailing, some are not. The prevailing opinion of comparing the appearance of a black person to a monkey is that it is wrong and offensive. Again, please go up to the next black person you see, tell him/her that Obama looks like Curious George and let us know how that goes for you.

And please explaing why you get to say whatever you want, but I don't have an equal right to respond? Sounds like someone who can't stand behind his words.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Hasn't he always been there?
Oops, I thought Sam's reply was to the dog. I think Race is being intentionally obtuse.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

From now on, only fat people can call another person "fat". For a skinny person to use that word is racist because "Fat" is a derogatory word and it implies that there is a distinct difference between fat people and skinny people, and skinny people feel themselves superior to fat people.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
And sam,
Angela already covered it, but I figured I'd go ahead and respond because you won't be mean to her, and I want to see how you unload on me for saying the same thing.

BECAUSE HE IS BLACK, you dummy. Are you really getting a craving to call a black person the N-word? Is it really important to you to fight for that right? Tell you what then, how about you make yourself the modern Rosa Parks and just do it. Next time you see a black person, call them the N-word. Freedom of speech, right? No one can stop you from saying what you want, right? If they don't like it, they can just shut their clam, right?

BTW, there is significant opposition in the black community to the word period. So if they don't like each other using it, then you sure as heck would not be well-received. But I digress, no one can tell you what to say. I forgot.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm going with the general concensus that disagreeing with edog means i'm right.
Nice try. I'm never wrong.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So glad Illinois doesn't have more important issues to deal with. Like 9 TRILLION in unfunded pension programs or the murder of black kids everyday. PRIORITIES!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

RACE wrote:
From now on, only fat people can call another person "fat". For a skinny person to use that word is racist because "Fat" is a derogatory word and it implies that there is a distinct difference between fat people and skinny people, and skinny people feel themselves superior to fat people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

;^j

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Because I'm not black...
Because I'm not black, I have no right to say this word?
Because I'm not black I am forbidden from uttering this word?

Who is the person who gets to decide what words I can or cannot say simply because of my skin pigment?
Why am I denied the right to say a word that, by your own observation is used with impunity by others?

What exactly is the evidence between me saying a word and another saying the exact same word that makes it wrong for me to say it but not them?

If your going to read meanings into my use of words, am I allowed to do the same to you and others?
"Cracker", "White Bread". Can we put these on the list of Banned words that only a single group of people can use?

I think you all promote a myth that encourages segregation of society instead of inclusiveness.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
The way I see it, either we can ALL use the word or NOBODY can. There is no protected class on words.<quoted text>
Thanks for your input, but that's not how it works. How Race sees it really isn't material, it's how society sees it. If you want to try to change society's mind, have at it.

And now I am off to a lovely dinner. Have fun polishing your gun. Hey, that could be literal AND a euphemism!

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes to show you can take the brother out of the ghetto, but....
Doosh

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Hating you is giving yourself too much credit. You boor me with your idiocy.

The image is george is not a photo, it is a caricature, one that obamma strongly resembles. If that offends you or any other person too bad. I can see the resemblance. Does that mean I think obamma is a monkey? NO, so get over yourself. I am not trying to be insulting, just making an observation. If you dont agree with that observation fine.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you hate me so much you're really going to try to justify saying a black guy looks like a monkey. And this - "I did not say he looked like a monkey, I said he looks like curious george. Take away curious george's tail and you have obamma. Nice try to put words in my mouth though." - goes in your Top-10 imbecilic statements of all time. You didn't say Obama looks like a monkey, you said he looks like Curious George. Gee, what is Curious George? Oh, that's right! A monkey!
And you can say whatever you want (please please please show me where I said you couldn't), but others equally have the right to characterize what you say. Some characterizations are prevailing, some are not. The prevailing opinion of comparing the appearance of a black person to a monkey is that it is wrong and offensive. Again, please go up to the next black person you see, tell him/her that Obama looks like Curious George and let us know how that goes for you.
And please explaing why you get to say whatever you want, but I don't have an equal right to respond? Sounds like someone who can't stand behind his words.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,967
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 54 min Flacks News 1,082,423
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 1 hr WeBlacksOutBirthedWhitey 2
Chicago Train Robbery 1 hr StarNazisDontFOOKWithMe 6
Strategy 1 hr ItTakesBalls2BNo1 7
Children were thrown to hungry crocodiles 1 hr AskACroc-KidsTasteGood 5
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Uzi 68,415
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 10:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••