Comments
79,121 - 79,140 of 97,967 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80203 Feb 14, 2013
I don't know anyone else who is such a waste of oxygen than edog.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80204 Feb 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain this to me: the "head start" program has been proven to have NO advantage when it comes to getting kids to do better in school. Yet your president wants to impliment it nationwide, at the tax payers expense. I'll bet when the House attempts to block it, he'll say "See, Republicans don't care about your childrens' education."
The assault weapons ban of 94 to 04, has had ZERO affect on gun violence, yet your president wants another ban. When Republicans try to stop it, he'll say "See, Republicans don't care about your childrens' safety."
Why does he insist on implimenting programs that will do nothing but add to our debt and raise our taxes?
Raising the minimum wage will harm small business, increase prices for the consumer, and make businesses hire fewer people at reduced hours. Of course, if Republicans try to stop it, he'll say "See, Republicans don't care about the poor."
I believe this is a deliberate strategy to turn more people against the Republican party. My hope is, smart people will see right through that and it will backfire on him.
Wise up, people.
And that has what to do with you being a racist?
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80205 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I don't know anyone else who is such a waste of oxygen than edog.
As far as I can tell, the only possible way he could be useful is to make other people feel better about themselves by comparison. His parents must have done something awful in a prior life to be saddled with him.

Location hidden

#80206 Feb 14, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
And that has what to do with you being a racist?
Sam, I'd like to introduce you to edog's "debate" style.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#80207 Feb 14, 2013
Just interrupting the debate to drop off adorable:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/erinlarosa/japanese-b...
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80208 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam, I'd like to introduce you to edog's "debate" style.
Oh, you mean the misguided diatribe that he introduces to deflect from the actual topic and that he parrots from bits and pieces he picked up from barstool conversations he's overheard and websites he visits that support his preconceived notions, insecurities and martyrdom?

Location hidden

#80209 Feb 14, 2013
Very short story: Dog protects abandoned newborn overnight!

http://itsybitsysteps.com/dog-rescues-abandon...

Location hidden

#80210 Feb 14, 2013
Hennepin County (Mpls) SHeriff doesn't hire recruits who have visible tats, including on their arms.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/1911331...

THoughts?

THe comments are interesting.

Location hidden

#80211 Feb 14, 2013
What I don't get is, a spokesperson for the sheriff's department pulls out all these stats re: prisoners:

Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Lisa Kiava said the priority is the safety of the people in the jail. About 70 percent of the male inmates have used illegal narcotics in the hours before they are arrested and some are drunk while they are being booked. She said another 30 percent are mentally ill.

"We are working with a challenging population," she said.

Huh? And that is related to tattoos how?

Location hidden

#80212 Feb 14, 2013
Also: 1 in 3 people under 40 has a tat. Isn't ruling them out going to hurt your hiring prospects? I'd rather have a cop with tats who does a great job than a mediocre cop who's tat-free.

One of the comments pointed out that maybe a tatted cop would be a good prospect for undercover work.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#80213 Feb 14, 2013
I hate to support mutt in anything but...

I recall Bush jr being likened many times to a monkey because of his ears.

Can you deny the similarity between curious george and obamma?

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed.
One fell off and bumped his head.

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said,
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

Is this a racist song, or only racist when sang in a predominately black classroom?

Likening any president to a monkey is not racist.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#80214 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once heard Bush referred to as a MOnkey.
And you're being racist again.
http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/image...

I don't care who you are that's funny!

Edog, c'mon, you can't compare calling a white guy a monkey to calling a black guy one. There are nasty racial overtones when you start calling a black person one.

Location hidden

#80215 Feb 14, 2013
Jess, I hope you see this and weigh in! I'm curious as to your thoughts!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#80217 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
NIck was citing the # of countries who send wrestlers to the Olympics (over 70, I think) compared to sports we're keeping where significantly fewer countries send athletes. He thinks we could retire Tae Kwan Do, as it's pretty much South Korea's sport.
There are a lot of other sports that should have been retired before wrestling, which goes back to the Olympics in ancient Greece.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#80218 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once heard Bush referred to as a MOnkey.
And you're being racist again.
Shows what you know. It's even been in mainstream. Homer Simpson even called him a monkey. Walgreens had birthday cards that pared Bush's facial expressions with a chimpanzee.

But no, say Obama resembles Curious George and you're a racist. Typical hypocrisy yet again.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#80219 Feb 14, 2013
As much as I am not a tattoo fan, I'm not sure what the big deal is for a position like a cop or jail guard.

Hard to believe the under 40 tat rate is only 1 in 3, though. Does that include all babies and children who aren't old enough to get one legally? Because almost everyone I know has at least one.

Location hidden

#80220 Feb 14, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of other sports that should have been retired before wrestling, which goes back to the Olympics in ancient Greece.
I don't even care about wrestling, and I see it as a good sport for the olympics.

Why keep synchronized swimming?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#80221 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ABsolutely, unequivocably (sp?): WRONG WRONG WRONG.
It's been proven for YEARS to be successful. Oklahoma was the first state to offer free pre-k education for four-year-olds (thus, "Head Start") and it has been a huge success. THe REpublican who got the funding for it can tell you how kids are better prepared for kindergarten (reading sooner), and how that snowballs into being more prepared with each subsequent grade.
THey also have established very clear links between HS graduation rates and college entrance exams to pre-k education.
Shows what you know again. The head start program is one of only a few government programs that are monitored for success. Their OWN FINDINGS said it was ineffective.

Location hidden

#80222 Feb 14, 2013
I'm going with the general concensus that disagreeing with edog means i'm right.

Location hidden

#80223 Feb 14, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
As much as I am not a tattoo fan, I'm not sure what the big deal is for a position like a cop or jail guard.
Hard to believe the under 40 tat rate is only 1 in 3, though. Does that include all babies and children who aren't old enough to get one legally? Because almost everyone I know has at least one.
Tats are so mainstream now that I can't believe that most people under 50 or so are put off by them. the 1 in 3 rate is for age 18 to 40.

I'd say my friends with tats are in the minority, as far as I know. Or if they have them, they haven't talked about them.

I think I know more women than men who have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Yeah 1,101,542
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min litesong 46,382
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min LRS 177,529
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 53 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,263
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••