|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Looking for Chicago info.
Partner at work is retiring a bit early in April b/c of family concerns (mom is in a home w/alzheimers). He's from south side of Chicago. He explicitly said he doesn't want a retirement gift. My boss of course won't obey that. But she wants to get him a gift cert for something like a really nice restaurant that won't take him an hour to get to. So we think home base still is south Chicago. restaurant doesn't need to be in s. chicago; near 'burbs would do, too.
By nice, I'm pretty sure she means, two people eat (without tip) for at least $100.
I told her I knew several people in the Chicago area who could maybe help.
Thanks in advance!
i;ll check at work tomorrow... one guy i work iwth is from far south side and will be a good resource for nice places.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i;ll check at work tomorrow... one guy i work iwth is from far south side and will be a good resource for nice places.
Thanks very much!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TSOVR6H7UO...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TQIAGNQD9S...

Happy Valentines Day! Will you be my valentine, Jammer?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

J Alexanders, best prime rib on the planet. Oh, you said south chicago... eh, dominos pizza.

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Partner at work is retiring a bit early in April b/c of family concerns (mom is in a home w/alzheimers). He's from south side of Chicago. He explicitly said he doesn't want a retirement gift. My boss of course won't obey that. But she wants to get him a gift cert for something like a really nice restaurant that won't take him an hour to get to. So we think home base still is south Chicago. restaurant doesn't need to be in s. chicago; near 'burbs would do, too.
By nice, I'm pretty sure she means, two people eat (without tip) for at least $100.
Thanks in advance!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Happy Valentines day to all you scrumptious hotties. You are all smoking hot in my book!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I like St. Valentine's Day! I don't need flowers or candy, just a card is fine. Nick and the boys and I are going to Perkin's for supper.:) Perkins has red velvet cake for the evening.

Then tomorrow night, I'm having girlfriends over to help me plan where to hang all my wall stuff i my new place, so tonight after supper, I have to go to the liquor store, Target, and grocery store to get ready for that.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Happy Valentines Day! Will you be my valentine, Jammer?
Of course!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks in advance!
A Lettuce Entertain You gift card is for a chain with something over 20 restauarnts in the area a couple of which are very nice, some more modest. They come in different denominations. I have receieved them as gifts and they are always welcome.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I like St. Valentine's Day! I don't need flowers or candy, just a card is fine. Nick and the boys and I are going to Perkin's for supper.:) Perkins has red velvet cake for the evening.
Then tomorrow night, I'm having girlfriends over to help me plan where to hang all my wall stuff i my new place, so tonight after supper, I have to go to the liquor store, Target, and grocery store to get ready for that.
Bambi is the same way. I will get her flowers and we are going out for dinner with the boys. Then after dinner when the boys go to bed we are going to play naked twister.:p
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks in advance!
I would consider here:

http://www.chicagofirehouse.com/

It is south of central downtown, cool atmosphere, really good food but not outrageous prices.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

So did you guys hear about that Pistorius, the handicapped sprinter? He was arrested for killing his girlfriend. Goes from national hero to zero in 2 seconds.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am wrote:
So did you guys hear about that Pistorius, the handicapped sprinter? He was arrested for killing his girlfriend. Goes from national hero to zero in 2 seconds.
Goes to show you can take the brother out of the ghetto, but....

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

"You Oughta Know" is on the radio in my office right now. Alanis has my back on this day.
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Miscellaneous:

We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work:
The International Olympic Committee announced it will drop the ancient sport of wrestling, saying it is not "relevant," from the Summer Olympics, which still include badminton and ping-pong.

Ted Nugent explaining his criticism of President Obama's gun-control proposals after the State of the Union:
"I'm a gun guy. I've never been without a gun."
Except when was a draft dodger during Vietnam.
But that was only for a number of years.
And he did become a "warrior," as he likes to put it, when he was no longer eligible to serve in a war.
So give him credit.

Beware the ides of National Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw, what a racist thing to say.

Maybe next you could post about our monkey president from Africa.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I was shocked to see the IOC drop wrestling.

They have the trampoline, synchronized swimming, badminton, ping-pong, and horse riding where between the rider and the horse, the real athlete is the f'ing horse, but no wrestling.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw, what a racist thing to say.
Maybe next you could post about our monkey president from Africa.
People called Bush a monkey all the time.

How come we don't hear much about how Obama resembles Curious George?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog- if by brother , you mean a black guy, you should know that Pistorius sure looks awfully white in his photos.

And, domestic disputes leading up to shooting your partner are far and away not confined to any ghetto, regardless of group.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
People called Bush a monkey all the time.
How come we don't hear much about how Obama resembles Curious George?
Go soak your head.Or better yet, take it to another thread ..Not here, buddy. There's the door----->.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Pistorius sure looks awfully white in his photos.
I guess dogg thinks everyone from Africa is black.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min danetoo 67,897
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr THE DEVIL 1,079,017
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr Pete 11
Cheap Tomatoes 2 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
demo-crats are the root of violent crime in chi... 2 hr yamimi 5
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didnít Protect ... 2 hr Why 2
This Jew Canít Support Israel 2 hr Why 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Guy 174,508
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••