Comments
79,101 - 79,120 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#80180 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I like St. Valentine's Day! I don't need flowers or candy, just a card is fine. Nick and the boys and I are going to Perkin's for supper.:) Perkins has red velvet cake for the evening.
Then tomorrow night, I'm having girlfriends over to help me plan where to hang all my wall stuff i my new place, so tonight after supper, I have to go to the liquor store, Target, and grocery store to get ready for that.
Bambi is the same way. I will get her flowers and we are going out for dinner with the boys. Then after dinner when the boys go to bed we are going to play naked twister.:p
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80181 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Looking for Chicago info.
Partner at work is retiring a bit early in April b/c of family concerns (mom is in a home w/alzheimers). He's from south side of Chicago. He explicitly said he doesn't want a retirement gift. My boss of course won't obey that. But she wants to get him a gift cert for something like a really nice restaurant that won't take him an hour to get to. So we think home base still is south Chicago. restaurant doesn't need to be in s. chicago; near 'burbs would do, too.
By nice, I'm pretty sure she means, two people eat (without tip) for at least $100.
I told her I knew several people in the Chicago area who could maybe help.
Thanks in advance!
I would consider here:

http://www.chicagofirehouse.com/

It is south of central downtown, cool atmosphere, really good food but not outrageous prices.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80182 Feb 14, 2013
So did you guys hear about that Pistorius, the handicapped sprinter? He was arrested for killing his girlfriend. Goes from national hero to zero in 2 seconds.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#80183 Feb 14, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
So did you guys hear about that Pistorius, the handicapped sprinter? He was arrested for killing his girlfriend. Goes from national hero to zero in 2 seconds.
Goes to show you can take the brother out of the ghetto, but....

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80184 Feb 14, 2013
"You Oughta Know" is on the radio in my office right now. Alanis has my back on this day.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80185 Feb 14, 2013
Miscellaneous:

We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work:
The International Olympic Committee announced it will drop the ancient sport of wrestling, saying it is not "relevant," from the Summer Olympics, which still include badminton and ping-pong.

Ted Nugent explaining his criticism of President Obama's gun-control proposals after the State of the Union:
"I'm a gun guy. I've never been without a gun."
Except when was a draft dodger during Vietnam.
But that was only for a number of years.
And he did become a "warrior," as he likes to put it, when he was no longer eligible to serve in a war.
So give him credit.

Beware the ides of National Return Shopping Carts to the Supermarket Month.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80187 Feb 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw, what a racist thing to say.

Maybe next you could post about our monkey president from Africa.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#80188 Feb 14, 2013
I was shocked to see the IOC drop wrestling.

They have the trampoline, synchronized swimming, badminton, ping-pong, and horse riding where between the rider and the horse, the real athlete is the f'ing horse, but no wrestling.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#80189 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw, what a racist thing to say.
Maybe next you could post about our monkey president from Africa.
People called Bush a monkey all the time.

How come we don't hear much about how Obama resembles Curious George?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#80190 Feb 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog- if by brother , you mean a black guy, you should know that Pistorius sure looks awfully white in his photos.

And, domestic disputes leading up to shooting your partner are far and away not confined to any ghetto, regardless of group.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#80192 Feb 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Go soak your head.Or better yet, take it to another thread ..Not here, buddy. There's the door----->.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#80193 Feb 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Pistorius sure looks awfully white in his photos.
I guess dogg thinks everyone from Africa is black.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80194 Feb 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether you believe this or you're just trolling, either way, this says just about all anyone needs to know about you.

Miami, FL

#80196 Feb 14, 2013
FTR, I did NOT end up writing in to Hax today so "V-Day Blues" isn't me.

Miami, FL

#80197 Feb 14, 2013
However, it would be glorious if the 5 dates chick was his new girlfriend.

But I'm sure it's not....
:(

Location hidden

#80198 Feb 14, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I was shocked to see the IOC drop wrestling.
They have the trampoline, synchronized swimming, badminton, ping-pong, and horse riding where between the rider and the horse, the real athlete is the f'ing horse, but no wrestling.
NIck was citing the # of countries who send wrestlers to the Olympics (over 70, I think) compared to sports we're keeping where significantly fewer countries send athletes. He thinks we could retire Tae Kwan Do, as it's pretty much South Korea's sport.

Location hidden

#80199 Feb 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I never once heard Bush referred to as a MOnkey.

And you're being racist again.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#80200 Feb 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Go soak your head.Or better yet, take it to another thread ..Not here, buddy. There's the door----->.
Please explain this to me: the "head start" program has been proven to have NO advantage when it comes to getting kids to do better in school. Yet your president wants to impliment it nationwide, at the tax payers expense. I'll bet when the House attempts to block it, he'll say "See, Republicans don't care about your childrens' education."

The assault weapons ban of 94 to 04, has had ZERO affect on gun violence, yet your president wants another ban. When Republicans try to stop it, he'll say "See, Republicans don't care about your childrens' safety."

Why does he insist on implimenting programs that will do nothing but add to our debt and raise our taxes?

Raising the minimum wage will harm small business, increase prices for the consumer, and make businesses hire fewer people at reduced hours. Of course, if Republicans try to stop it, he'll say "See, Republicans don't care about the poor."

I believe this is a deliberate strategy to turn more people against the Republican party. My hope is, smart people will see right through that and it will backfire on him.

Wise up, people.

Location hidden

#80201 Feb 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain this to me: the "head start" program has been proven to have NO advantage when it comes to getting kids to do better in school.
ABsolutely, unequivocably (sp?): WRONG WRONG WRONG.

It's been proven for YEARS to be successful. Oklahoma was the first state to offer free pre-k education for four-year-olds (thus, "Head Start") and it has been a huge success. THe REpublican who got the funding for it can tell you how kids are better prepared for kindergarten (reading sooner), and how that snowballs into being more prepared with each subsequent grade.

THey also have established very clear links between HS graduation rates and college entrance exams to pre-k education.

Location hidden

#80202 Feb 14, 2013
SO, edog is a racist. I'm shocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min LRS 177,336
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min THE DEVIL 1,099,777
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 48 min Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 2 hr rodeo3queen 4
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000