“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#80221 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
ABsolutely, unequivocably (sp?): WRONG WRONG WRONG.
It's been proven for YEARS to be successful. Oklahoma was the first state to offer free pre-k education for four-year-olds (thus, "Head Start") and it has been a huge success. THe REpublican who got the funding for it can tell you how kids are better prepared for kindergarten (reading sooner), and how that snowballs into being more prepared with each subsequent grade.
THey also have established very clear links between HS graduation rates and college entrance exams to pre-k education.
Shows what you know again. The head start program is one of only a few government programs that are monitored for success. Their OWN FINDINGS said it was ineffective.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80222 Feb 14, 2013
I'm going with the general concensus that disagreeing with edog means i'm right.

Location hidden

#80223 Feb 14, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
As much as I am not a tattoo fan, I'm not sure what the big deal is for a position like a cop or jail guard.
Hard to believe the under 40 tat rate is only 1 in 3, though. Does that include all babies and children who aren't old enough to get one legally? Because almost everyone I know has at least one.
Tats are so mainstream now that I can't believe that most people under 50 or so are put off by them. the 1 in 3 rate is for age 18 to 40.

I'd say my friends with tats are in the minority, as far as I know. Or if they have them, they haven't talked about them.

I think I know more women than men who have one.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80224 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hennepin County (Mpls) SHeriff doesn't hire recruits who have visible tats, including on their arms.
http://www.startribune.com/local/west/1911331...
THoughts?
THe comments are interesting.
I get it. Tattoos might be mainstream on the outside, but on the inside they can still be taken to have meaning, even if they don't.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#80225 Feb 14, 2013
racism
noun (Concise Encyclopedia)
Any action, practice, or belief that reflects the racial worldview—the ideology that humans are divided into separate and exclusive biological entities called “races,” that there is a causal link between inherited physical traits and traits of personality, intellect, morality, and other cultural behavioral features, and that some “races” are innately superior to others.
I dont recall mutt saying he is better than any black person.
In the last half of the 20th century several conflicts around the world were interpreted in racial terms even though their origins were in the ethnic hostilities that have long characterized many human societies (e.g., Arabs and Jews, English and Irish). Racism reflects an acceptance of the deepest forms and degrees of divisiveness and carries the implication that differences among groups are so great that they cannot be transcended.
This definition does not differentiate between a black jew or a black englishman.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80226 Feb 14, 2013
RACE wrote:
I hate to support mutt in anything but...
I recall Bush jr being likened many times to a monkey because of his ears.
Can you deny the similarity between curious george and obamma?
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to make that argument to any black person. "Hey, but he does look like a monkey, right?"

You don't compare black people to monkeys. Period. If you don't get that, you move to the head of the line of the TSTI club.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80227 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even care about wrestling, and I see it as a good sport for the olympics.
Why keep synchronized swimming?
Why keep synchronized anything?

Neda, stay with me!

#80228 Feb 14, 2013
Link Please!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows what you know again. The head start program is one of only a few government programs that are monitored for success. Their OWN FINDINGS said it was ineffective.

Location hidden

#80229 Feb 14, 2013
I love Ron Swanson from Parks & recreation:

"I have been developing the Swanson Pyramid of Greatness for years. It's a perfectly calibrated recipe for maximum personal achievement. Categories include: Capitalism, God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor. Crying, acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon. Rage. Poise. Property rights. Fish, for sport only, not for meat. Fish meat is practically a vegetable."

"There's been a mistake. You've accidentally given me the food that my food eats." -- Swanson after being served a salad

"Swansons have a preternaturally high tolerance for alcohol. My old man used to put Wild Turkey on his cornflakes."

"Leslie, you need to understand that we are headed to the most special place on Earth. When I'm done eating a Mulligan's meal, for weeks afterward there are flecks of meat in my mustache and I refuse to clean it because every now and then a piece of meat will fall into my mouth."

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard."

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

"Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets."

"my first wife, Tammy, tried throwing me a surprise birthday party. When I saw my friends hiding through the window, I drove to a gas station, called the cops and told them people had broken into my home. I'm not big on surprises."

"I got my first job when I was 9. Worked at a sheet metal factory. In two weeks, I was running the floor. Child labor laws are ruining this country."

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something."
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80230 Feb 14, 2013
An excellent take on Valentine's Day by the S*&^ My Dad Says guy:

http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2013/02/how-...

Location hidden

#80231 Feb 14, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Why keep synchronized anything?
I like synchronized diving! That was new to me last summer!

But... maybe it's something they could have for only, say, four olympics, then retire it. Introduce new sports.

Paintball!
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#80232 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I like synchronized diving! That was new to me last summer!
But... maybe it's something they could have for only, say, four olympics, then retire it. Introduce new sports.
Paintball!
I am in favor of more naked Olympic sports.

Neda, stay with me!

#80233 Feb 14, 2013
NO stupid you do. Nobody has a corner on what is an acceptable thing to say. If you dont like it, dont listen, but unless I am promoting hatred or violence, you just have to shut your clam about it.

And you moron, I did not say he looked like a monkey, I said he looks like curious george. Take away curious george's tail and you have obamma. Nice try to put words in my mouth though.

Your such an idiot to think ANYONE has the RIGHT to tell me what I can and cannot compare anyone to. Thats the same thinking about the muslims saying you cant make a picture of mohammed. Total BS!
Bet you think their edic to kill that author is a totally good thing dont you?

You get stupider every flipping day.
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to make that argument to any black person. "Hey, but he does look like a monkey, right?"
You don't compare black people to monkeys. Period. If you don't get that, you move to the head of the line of the TSTI club.

Neda, stay with me!

#80234 Feb 14, 2013
And sam,
Why is it ok for Jessie to call obamma "an uppity N*" but not myself?

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#80235 Feb 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw, what a racist thing to say.
Maybe next you could post about our monkey president from Africa.
Has he seen a picture of the guy???

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images...

Not just racist, but stupid and wrong. That dude is white.

Location hidden

#80236 Feb 14, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
An excellent take on Valentine's Day by the S*&^ My Dad Says guy:
http://www.gq.com/blogs/the-feed/2013/02/how-...
Love that. I've msgd back and forth a bit with Justin Halpern: Super nice, humble, open to people. I think he's a talented and funny writer. I'm halfway through "I suck at girls" and he makes me laugh out loud.

Or as some comedian on twitter said the other night, LOL: Lick Oprah's Labia.

Location hidden

#80237 Feb 14, 2013
RACE wrote:
And sam,
Who's Jessie?

Location hidden

#80238 Feb 14, 2013
If you read his "shit my dad says" book, there's a hilarious bit about how his dad gave him the sex talk. AT Denny's. DRopping F bombs and worse. NExt to a table of college kids who heard everything.

Location hidden

#80239 Feb 14, 2013
RACE wrote:
And sam,
Oh, if you mean Jesse Jackson (?), the answer is: because you're not black.

When white people use the word, there's blatant racism in it. Even if you dn't mean it (like, if you grew up in the black projects, you likely will have black friends and use the N word like they do). But because others who don't know you will assume that by your use of the N word you are a racist, they either will be offended or wahtever, OR they are racist and they will think "yup, another N hater just like me, right on!" and that's not a message you should want to send.

And c'mon. It's the N word. If you want ot use it so bad, either use it in south Chicago around black dudes, or don't use it at all.

Location hidden

#80240 Feb 14, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text> Has he seen a picture of the guy???
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images...
Not just racist, but stupid and wrong. That dude is white.
Yeah, he saw "african" but missed the part that the dude is a white south afrikaaner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min johnplustwomore 1,155,432
Ask Amy 12-23 22 min Mister Tonka 14
Chicago Pizza Blows 43 min Donald Trump 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min DDDD-25 49,301
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,905
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
20-year-old dies after fall from window in Chicago 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports