|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Who doesn't want to be saved?
<quoted text>
Long ago when I lived in the fecking desert I was making paper mache ornaments for Christmas. I ran out of newspaper and had no car, a sleeping baby and was about to pack all the supplies up when the doorbell rang.
JWs.
I told them I was so happy to see them, and curious about their church, but couldn't talk then. Could they please leave me some literature???
So, for a two bit donation I got two copies each of their pamphlets, printed on newsprint and made another half dozen ornaments for the tree!! LOL!!
I'm sure if they'd known what would happen with their Watchtowers they'd have just had a FIT!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

squishymama wrote:
http://www.today.com/moms/adop tive-moms-newborn-photo-shoot- 13-year-old-son-goes-1C8347362 #

Very sweet.
I love the idea behind the pictures, though I'm a little weirded out by the actual images

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

The lord works in mysterious ways....
NWmoon wrote:
<quoted text>Long ago when I lived in the fecking desert I was making paper mache ornaments for Christmas. I ran out of newspaper and had no car, a sleeping baby and was about to pack all the supplies up when the doorbell rang.
JWs.
I told them I was so happy to see them, and curious about their church, but couldn't talk then. Could they please leave me some literature???
So, for a two bit donation I got two copies each of their pamphlets, printed on newsprint and made another half dozen ornaments for the tree!! LOL!!
I'm sure if they'd known what would happen with their Watchtowers they'd have just had a FIT!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

squishymama wrote:
http://www.today.com/moms/adop tive-moms-newborn-photo-shoot- 13-year-old-son-goes-1C8347362 #
Very sweet.
you bitch! I am tired of crying at work!!!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RACE wrote:
The lord works in mysterious ways....
<quoted text>
LOL!! My EXACT words after I closed the door.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com/201...

Let's see if I can get Ang to cry again.
:D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the idea behind the pictures, though I'm a little weirded out by the actual images
Well, yeah. But it's funny because those are the pics everyone with newborns has these days.

J should do that, his bio dad burned most of his baby/toddler pictures in a bonfire. I've seen one picture of him when he was under 7 or so.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah. But it's funny because those are the pics everyone with newborns has these days.
J should do that, his bio dad burned most of his baby/toddler pictures in a bonfire. I've seen one picture of him when he was under 7 or so.
and for what reason did he burn them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's a frickin' miracle that J turned out the way he did, considering the fucktard adults in his life.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Hey, if the kid and parent are cool with it, I think it's a great idea. Photography as all about "Capturing" a moment or emotion anyway, and in this case your kinda trying to capture the past by looking thru the person in the present.
Done correctly it would make for some very stunning photographs.

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
and for what reason did he burn them?
He was mad at my MIL for something. And probably drunk. And high.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's a frickin' miracle that J turned out the way he did, considering the fucktard adults in his life.
Blows my mind every...single...day. SIL, too. As many beefs as I had with living with her, she's a damn good human being. And not angry or sullen, like you'd think a teenager in that situation would be. A bit of the victim mentality, sure, but if you met her, you would not guess the crap she's been through.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Oh, and my MIL gave J some old post-bonfire picture albums to look through; from after she met SIL's dad.

There were pics of all kinds of things--cars, friends, random obits from all their hard-living friends, but still,*very* few pictures of J. And the pictures of my SIL as a baby/toddler were almost universally taken by J. Really shows you where their priorities were.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Don't your ILs chain smoke cigarettes (not to mention other stuff) in their home? And MIL thinks if she has grandbabies, she'll get to babysit them there. She's nuts.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Don't your ILs chain smoke cigarettes (not to mention other stuff) in their home? And MIL thinks if she has grandbabies, she'll get to babysit them there. She's nuts.
My MIL actually quit smoking a few months back. But yeah, he still smokes like a chimney in the house. Yeah, not a chance I'd leave my dogs, let alone a child, alone over there with either or both of them.

And she thinks...like...her lifestyle or whatever is normal and that we'd let her babysit. No concept that most people don't live that way. Her white trash friends' white trash kids have kids and then plop them off at Granny's while they go off and make meth or more kids or whatever. Nope. So much nope.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
someone in my wapo forum posted that at a big school band meeting, the director said "If every family gives me $15, we don't need to do any fundraisers this year." Then said it was a flurry of reaching into pockets and purses.
i saw one school has a "fundraisign option" on their tuition scale. it was like an extra $1500, but then, yeah, you don't have to trot the kid out to the same set of family and neighbors every ohter month.
i buy from any *kid* who asks me to buy stuff, which save me a bunch.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

http://craftfail.com/

Pinterest crafts gone wrong. Funny stuff.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to private grade school and we had to sell crap nearly every month. I had to go door to door in a neighborhood where 80% of the kids went to the same damn school as me and were selling the same stuff. Humiliating and awful for an already shy kid. I would never make my kid do that.
J put up a "no solicitors" sign by our doorbell and kids selling delicious goodies are apparently the only ones that can read it and comprehend it. The fecking Jehovah's Witnesses don't realize it's for them.
add "or missionaries" to the sign.
Julie

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mathilda--I've said it before and I'll say it now: I have *tremendous* respect for how you've raised SIL. Seriously, if it weren't for you and J, that poor girl would have no idea what normal life is like. I hope that someday she is mature enough to appreciate what you've done for her.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

I'll say this in MIL's defense: She must love her kids, and makes it clear to them, or they'd be messed up. They know their mom loves them, despite all her other crap, and i think that counts for a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,081 - 79,100 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search