“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#80017 Feb 11, 2013
It's my Nunu's 5th birthday!

We had an ice skating party for her on Saturday night. I had invited a bunch of people and heard back from exactly no one. I was pretty sure her godfather's family was coming, but no one else. I was a little panicky but then my BIL and niece showed and then the GF's family and then a set of twins from her preschool showed up and that was just enough people on the ice that nobody crashed into each other (it was held in the smaller practice rink). Those twins are a couple of cards; I see why Nunu likes them. Those boys spent more time falling down on purpose than actually skating, but they were having a great time so <mimishrug> It was a really low-stress event for mama (yay!), the worst thing that happened was that we almost ran out of mini cupcakes.

Then we went with MIL, BIL and niece to our favorite pancake house for a little breakfast-for-dinner (PE, AS - Walker Bros.). All in all, it was a good night.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#80018 Feb 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
HP p6 2220t @$350 with Windows 7 looks like the pick 4GB RAM,500GB hard drive. A good Intel processor. Only 2 USB ports though.
Thanks to all for input and comments.
Apple was too pricey. Maybe when I am rich.
You can get an adaptor thingy that turns one USB port into like 4. Kind of like a splitter for your electrical outlet. But I'm sure you knew that....
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#80019 Feb 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
We had an ice skating party for her on Saturday night. I had invited a bunch of people and heard back from exactly no one. I was pretty sure her godfather's family was coming, but no one else. I was a little panicky but then my BIL and niece showed and then the GF's family and then a set of twins from her preschool showed up and that was just enough people on the ice that nobody crashed into each other (it was held in the smaller practice rink). Those twins are a couple of cards; I see why Nunu likes them. Those boys spent more time falling down on purpose than actually skating, but they were having a great time so <mimishrug> It was a really low-stress event for mama (yay!), the worst thing that happened was that we almost ran out of mini cupcakes.
Then we went with MIL, BIL and niece to our favorite pancake house for a little breakfast-for-dinner (PE, AS - Walker Bros.). All in all, it was a good night.
Crown? We had a couple BD parties there.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80020 Feb 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
HP p6 2220t @$350 with Windows 7 looks like the pick 4GB RAM,500GB hard drive. A good Intel processor. Only 2 USB ports though.
Thanks to all for input and comments.
Apple was too pricey. Maybe when I am rich.
There's plenty of USB splitters out there now so that wouldn't stop me.

Evanston IL

#80021 Feb 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Crown? We had a couple BD parties there.
Yup.

It's our home away from home. Nunu's in preschool there too.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#80022 Feb 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
If they do this next year, I will let you know and you can make ait a field trip.
Woodchuck is available at Dominicks - the big grocery chain here.A couple of its lines are good. I like Strongbow and Magners which is often available on draft at such bars as I actually go to.
I tried a couple Crispin flavors and found them too thin regardless of the apple presence or the dryness.
Michelob has a cider it is labeling Ultra Lite that I won't touch with a name like that. I wonder who they think their target market is?
I had tried a bottle of Angry Orchard (Late harvest?)last year and it was way too sweet. Much like farmers market cider forgotten in the back of the fridge so I was surprised that some of their samples were good.
I have a 6er of that Michelob stuff. It's not great, but it's about half the calories of a regular drink. I drink it if there's no wine or better cider in the house.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#80023 Feb 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:

Glad you all had fun! No one RSVP'd? I don't get that. How did you let them know about the party?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#80024 Feb 11, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of USB splitters out there now so that wouldn't stop me.
Turns out there are 4 USB ports in back which are "standard" meaning everyone is supposed to know they are there and 2 additional ones on front.
I bought the sucker . Windows 7. No upgrade on the MS Office stuff-just basic Word and Excel.
About $100 less than I would have paid to Dell for the same configuration.

No I have to get some work done to pay for it.

(I got the student discount because I am an alum of an accredited university. They didn't ask and I didn't tell them that they had a choice of 42 or 34 years ago)

Miami, FL

#80025 Feb 11, 2013
Something to celebrate: 31 years ago today, I set foot on American soil for the first time.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#80026 Feb 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
It's our home away from home. Nunu's in preschool there too.
When I went to high school, I lived 1 street due south of the ice rink only the ice rink hadn't been built and the park was called Boltwood.

Evanston IL

#80027 Feb 11, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you all had fun! No one RSVP'd? I don't get that. How did you let them know about the party?
I emailed some folks and sent a message through her teacher for her school friends.

I'm thinking that the email addresses I had for some older friends are ones they don't check often. I should have (and next time will) used Facebook.

I've never made a real big deal of birthday parties, so the fact that there weren't tons of kids did not bother her. She had her favorite cousin and uncle and her best buddies from school that she could show off for, so she was in heaven.

Evanston IL

#80029 Feb 11, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Something to celebrate: 31 years ago today, I set foot on American soil for the first time.
Glad you're here! It had to have been a baby foot, right?
:D

Where were you stepping from, if I may inquire?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#80030 Feb 11, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
And the country's been going down hill ever since!
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80031 Feb 11, 2013
Went with the bf to his Lasik on Friday and helped him out over the weekend. He had a very good experience. If any of you are thinking about doing it, I would recommend Kraff. I got to watch the surgery, very interesting. So far he's very happy he did it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80032 Feb 11, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
WElcome! When did you become a citizen?

IN other news, today there's a letter int he paper from a French Canadian in Quebec, chastizing us for mispronouncing all kinds of french names of places here in Minnesta. She LITERALLY wants us to say "sahn pau" instaed of St. Paul. And "Brah-nair" instead of "Brainered." She has declared a day of "pronouncing french names correctly in Minnesota." Fucking bitch.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#80033 Feb 11, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Happy birthday

Miami, FL

#80034 Feb 11, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're here! It had to have been a baby foot, right?
:D
Where were you stepping from, if I may inquire?
I was four.:)

I was born in Budapest, Hungary, lived there for the first two years of my life, then lived in Liverpool, England for the next two so stepping directly from there.

To answer Ang's question, my mom and I both became citizens when I was 7.

And I have to admit that I don't necessarily remember the date myself... my mom reminds me every year.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#80035 Feb 11, 2013
When our three foreign employees (Nigeria, Cambodia, Russia) became citizens, our office threw a party with cake and ice cream and made a nice fuss over it! I thought it was great to honor them that way.

We do the samet hing when someone completes their bachelor degree or passes a milestone professional exam.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#80036 Feb 11, 2013
Miscellaneous:

News Headline: "Obama continues Bush practice of shredding the Constitution."
We find bipartisanship where we can.

The Case for Zero Tolerance of Modern School Administrators:
A 7-year-old boy in Loveland, Colo., was suspended for violating his school's weapons policy when at recess he threw an imaginary grenade at an imaginary box that had something evil inside and made a grenade noise.

News Headline: "Cell phone user allegedly choked by theatergoer in Sarasota's Performing Arts Center."

From the Annals of the Federal Department of Police Squad:
U.S. Air Force veteran Saadiq Long, who was unable to fly from Qatar to Oklahoma City because he was mistakenly on a Homeland Security no-fly list, finally was removed from the list and flew to Oklahoma City, where he visited and is now unable to return to Qatar because he is back on the list.

News Headline: "Clint Eastwood isn't satisfied with Congress."
Could someone please find 535 chairs so we can have this out?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#80037 Feb 11, 2013
Whoot! The American Dream lives on!!
Oh, wait! The dog will say how you took some Americans job!
j_m_w wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 10-20 2 min Kuuipo 6
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Teaman 1,124,490
only sex 17 min amitjulee 1
Amy 10-19 18 min Kuuipo 8
BoyshineLiesIn SpeechAtNW 35 min LipsMoveBhoLies 6
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,957
Mike Brown Deserved What He Got 45 min Read NO_3 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 179,241
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]