|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I usually add chocolate (70% cocao) because it gives it a good depth of flavor. I think I'm going to try adding coffee now. Save me buying a bottle of Kahlua.
Chocolate is the base of a lot of mole sauces so that makes sense.

Coffee liqueur is verywhwre and has been for ages. I wonder why the recipe author thought they needed to give a recipe for it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

She would if I would let her. She has been on the boat while its idling. I have a harness, and If I can get that on her, I will take her. Not sure how the mutt is gonna like that though.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb question: Does your cat go on the boat?(Some cats like that.)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

<Snerk!>
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks really relaxing.
Alas, no boatrides for me; all our waterways are frozen.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Coffee liqueur is verywhwre and has been for ages. I wonder why the recipe author thought they needed to give a recipe for it.
Cause some people like to do things the hard way.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Mostly for Tonka:
The Cider Summit was phenomonal....
Did not know you guys were into cider. I always hated it, until I went to a pizza place last fall and they offered Angry Orchard Crisp Apple on tap...yum! Then I went and bought up whatever I could find locally, which wasn't much. Woodchuck Pumpkin tasted like ass, other than that, I'm a fan. I'll have to check some of these out.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

HP p6 2220t @$350 with Windows 7 looks like the pick 4GB RAM,500GB hard drive. A good Intel processor. Only 2 USB ports though.

Thanks to all for input and comments.

Apple was too pricey. Maybe when I am rich.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not know you guys were into cider. I always hated it, until I went to a pizza place last fall and they offered Angry Orchard Crisp Apple on tap...yum! Then I went and bought up whatever I could find locally, which wasn't much. Woodchuck Pumpkin tasted like ass, other than that, I'm a fan. I'll have to check some of these out.
If they do this next year, I will let you know and you can make ait a field trip.

Woodchuck is available at Dominicks - the big grocery chain here.A couple of its lines are good. I like Strongbow and Magners which is often available on draft at such bars as I actually go to.

I tried a couple Crispin flavors and found them too thin regardless of the apple presence or the dryness.

Michelob has a cider it is labeling Ultra Lite that I won't touch with a name like that. I wonder who they think their target market is?

I had tried a bottle of Angry Orchard (Late harvest?)last year and it was way too sweet. Much like farmers market cider forgotten in the back of the fridge so I was surprised that some of their samples were good.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

It's my Nunu's 5th birthday!

We had an ice skating party for her on Saturday night. I had invited a bunch of people and heard back from exactly no one. I was pretty sure her godfather's family was coming, but no one else. I was a little panicky but then my BIL and niece showed and then the GF's family and then a set of twins from her preschool showed up and that was just enough people on the ice that nobody crashed into each other (it was held in the smaller practice rink). Those twins are a couple of cards; I see why Nunu likes them. Those boys spent more time falling down on purpose than actually skating, but they were having a great time so <mimishrug> It was a really low-stress event for mama (yay!), the worst thing that happened was that we almost ran out of mini cupcakes.

Then we went with MIL, BIL and niece to our favorite pancake house for a little breakfast-for-dinner (PE, AS - Walker Bros.). All in all, it was a good night.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
HP p6 2220t @$350 with Windows 7 looks like the pick 4GB RAM,500GB hard drive. A good Intel processor. Only 2 USB ports though.
You can get an adaptor thingy that turns one USB port into like 4. Kind of like a splitter for your electrical outlet. But I'm sure you knew that....
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

squishymama wrote:
We had an ice skating party for her on Saturday night. I had invited a bunch of people and heard back from exactly no one. I was pretty sure her godfather's family was coming, but no one else. I was a little panicky but then my BIL and niece showed and then the GF's family and then a set of twins from her preschool showed up and that was just enough people on the ice that nobody crashed into each other (it was held in the smaller practice rink). Those twins are a couple of cards; I see why Nunu likes them. Those boys spent more time falling down on purpose than actually skating, but they were having a great time so <mimishrug> It was a really low-stress event for mama (yay!), the worst thing that happened was that we almost ran out of mini cupcakes.
Then we went with MIL, BIL and niece to our favorite pancake house for a little breakfast-for-dinner (PE, AS - Walker Bros.). All in all, it was a good night.
Crown? We had a couple BD parties there.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
There's plenty of USB splitters out there now so that wouldn't stop me.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Crown? We had a couple BD parties there.
Yup.

It's our home away from home. Nunu's in preschool there too.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
If they do this next year, I will let you know and you can make ait a field trip.
Woodchuck is available at Dominicks - the big grocery chain here.A couple of its lines are good. I like Strongbow and Magners which is often available on draft at such bars as I actually go to.
I tried a couple Crispin flavors and found them too thin regardless of the apple presence or the dryness.
Michelob has a cider it is labeling Ultra Lite that I won't touch with a name like that. I wonder who they think their target market is?
I had tried a bottle of Angry Orchard (Late harvest?)last year and it was way too sweet. Much like farmers market cider forgotten in the back of the fridge so I was surprised that some of their samples were good.
I have a 6er of that Michelob stuff. It's not great, but it's about half the calories of a regular drink. I drink it if there's no wine or better cider in the house.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

squishymama wrote:

Glad you all had fun! No one RSVP'd? I don't get that. How did you let them know about the party?
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of USB splitters out there now so that wouldn't stop me.
Turns out there are 4 USB ports in back which are "standard" meaning everyone is supposed to know they are there and 2 additional ones on front.
I bought the sucker . Windows 7. No upgrade on the MS Office stuff-just basic Word and Excel.
About $100 less than I would have paid to Dell for the same configuration.

No I have to get some work done to pay for it.

(I got the student discount because I am an alum of an accredited university. They didn't ask and I didn't tell them that they had a choice of 42 or 34 years ago)

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Something to celebrate: 31 years ago today, I set foot on American soil for the first time.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
It's our home away from home. Nunu's in preschool there too.
When I went to high school, I lived 1 street due south of the ice rink only the ice rink hadn't been built and the park was called Boltwood.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you all had fun! No one RSVP'd? I don't get that. How did you let them know about the party?
I emailed some folks and sent a message through her teacher for her school friends.

I'm thinking that the email addresses I had for some older friends are ones they don't check often. I should have (and next time will) used Facebook.

I've never made a real big deal of birthday parties, so the fact that there weren't tons of kids did not bother her. She had her favorite cousin and uncle and her best buddies from school that she could show off for, so she was in heaven.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Something to celebrate: 31 years ago today, I set foot on American soil for the first time.
Glad you're here! It had to have been a baby foot, right?
:D

Where were you stepping from, if I may inquire?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Grey Ghost 1,079,675
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min voice of peace 67,931
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,374
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Learn to Read 174,601
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 45,781
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 5 hr joey 3
Abby 7-24 8 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••