“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79956 Feb 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Sort of off topic:
I don't particularly like most beers. I do like hard cider. There is a tasting of 80 hard ciders at Navy Pier tomorrow. I am going with my sister and BIL ( who is gluten intolerant) and a friend of theirs. Husband made a face when I asked him.
I have been on my diet since Jan 1 and I have been "saving" for this event(No wheat,processed carbs, dairy, sugars or alcohol since last year. I miss them less that I expected). We are planning strategy with transporation to avoid buzz driving, food suitable for BIL and maybe walking if the sidewalks have melted enough.
I have seen the list of ciders- I have drunk some of them, but this will be FUN. The kicker will be that I am sure to like some that won't be available in Chicago.
The organizer of Cider Summit is from Portland I think, so I will raise a sipper to Moon and Mimi
Have fun PE!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79957 Feb 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Is this yearly event? Gives me a good reason to takea trip to Chicago
It is the first time I have heard of it. It seems to be a road show kind of thing that pops up in different cities.

The organizers had a web site but they didn't answer my email.

Are you a cider person?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79958 Feb 8, 2013
Just looked it up
3 cities.
Growing
Fingers crossed that it comes to me one day.

Just looked at the list.
26 tables.

I've had everything on 6 of them.
Oh the fun I would have on the other 20 tables.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79959 Feb 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Good.

Sort of off topic:
I don't particularly like most beers. I do like hard cider. There is a tasting of 80 hard ciders at Navy Pier tomorrow. I am going with my sister and BIL ( who is gluten intolerant) and a friend of theirs. Husband made a face when I asked him.

I have been on my diet since Jan 1 and I have been "saving" for this event(No wheat,processed carbs, dairy, sugars or alcohol since last year. I miss them less that I expected). We are planning strategy with transporation to avoid buzz driving, food suitable for BIL and maybe walking if the sidewalks have melted enough.

I have seen the list of ciders- I have drunk some of them, but this will be FUN. The kicker will be that I am sure to like some that won't be available in Chicago.

The organizer of Cider Summit is from Portland I think, so I will raise a sipper to Moon and Mimi
Sounds like fun.
:)
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79960 Feb 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Just looked it up
3 cities.
Growing
Fingers crossed that it comes to me one day.
Just looked at the list.
26 tables.
I've had everything on 6 of them.
Oh the fun I would have on the other 20 tables.
The major liquor outlet in Chicago is Binny's. I check their cider stock fairly regularly. I have not seen most of the labels listed. Where do you find that much variety? Do you order on line?

If it comes to your area, keep an eye out for ticket deals. I got a two-fer on a Groupon type site last November.

I will report back.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79961 Feb 8, 2013
NWmoon wrote:
I danced and whooped for joy.
I hope they rot in jail from the inside out.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/Vancouver-coup...
ITA.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79962 Feb 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Where do you find that much variety? Do you order on line?
In my area its a two store race for best selection.
Total Wine and an little no name hole in the wall liquor store that is packed from wall to wall with a lot of imports and craft beers. They have a really good selection as of ciders as well.

Whole Foods has a few.
ABC liquors sucks (as far as cider selection)

Also, there is a bar/restaurant that features something like 30 different ciders(only been there once). Second bottle I tried was a little more expensive than the others. I didn't realize till I got it that it was like 3 times the size as the others. was walkin around feeling like I was drinkin a 40.

Location hidden

#79963 Feb 8, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch...

You hav to watch this, Matilda! Dog jumping for balloon.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#79964 Feb 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good.
Sort of off topic:
Union Maid too. She's from our little WA-OR-CA tri-state area too.
dahgts

Skokie, IL

#79965 Feb 9, 2013

Location hidden

#79966 Feb 9, 2013
I'm up early at nicks. Can't leave yet, target doesn't open till eig. So I'm watching a show about a kitty prison program. They take cats out of kill shelters and put them in prisons and jails and the inmates get to volunteer a the shelter. Sheriff's idea. He said the cats teach the prisoners compassion and responsibility, and depression levels have dropped and behavioral problems greatly reduced. Win-win-win.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79967 Feb 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Computer purchase nightmare.
My old computer died.
My husband brought me a Dell Vostro he wasn't using in his office. It kept crashing and eleting things.
He was not able to fix it. I gave up and went to Dell's website on Feb 1. Had a nice IM chat with a guy there, chose the configuration and placed the order based on sales guy's recommednation and the website notation that it would be delivered by Feb 4.
Feb 4 I get an email that it will be delayed until the 12th.
Today I get an email that says that maybe they can ship on the 18th.
I call. I talk to 2 people with Indian acccents who tell me the model was never available in stock, that there is a glitch in the manufacturing process and that teh 18th is not a guarantied date.
I cancelled. Micahel Dell can take his company private and stick it private. I am searching for a website to share my experience
Now I am back in the market. Many of the places I go are blocked on the office computer. My smart phone sucks for anything than casual browsing and I will not pay bills off that thing, no security as far as I am concerned.
I would be happy to have suggestions on where to go next. It has been since the 1st of the year since I have a computer at home. I can't even look up phone numbers easily.
ARGHHHH!!!( caps intended)
I have had such good luck with HP that I stick with HP now. I just purchased an HP quad core with 1 terabyte of HD and all the bells and whistles, including full version of MS Office (yes!) and it came with antivirus for life and 24/7 for life HP help online and if they can't fix it online -- free shipping both ways (life of the computer). And it's pretty.:)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79968 Feb 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm up early at nicks. Can't leave yet, target doesn't open till eig. So I'm watching a show about a kitty prison program. They take cats out of kill shelters and put them in prisons and jails and the inmates get to volunteer a the shelter. Sheriff's idea. He said the cats teach the prisoners compassion and responsibility, and depression levels have dropped and behavioral problems greatly reduced. Win-win-win.
What an excellent idea.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79969 Feb 9, 2013
Ok. I take back what I said about Journey. Watching a concert on Palladia. Asian Steve Perry is pretty good.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#79970 Feb 9, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had such good luck with HP that I stick with HP now. I just purchased an HP quad core with 1 terabyte of HD and all the bells and whistles, including full version of MS Office (yes!) and it came with antivirus for life and 24/7 for life HP help online and if they can't fix it online -- free shipping both ways (life of the computer). And it's pretty.:)
I always buy HP. I've had a few others, Gateway, Compaq, IBM, etc., back in the day, but I always go with HP....except not there's windows 8 and I freaking hate it. I installed it on this laptop and gave it a few days then I had to uninstall it. I hate it. Did I say I hate it? I'm going to call HP and see if they can make me one that comes with windows 7, but I doubt it. I'll just have to go to Apple. <shrug>

Location hidden

#79971 Feb 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Ok. I take back what I said about Journey. Watching a concert on Palladia. Asian Steve Perry is pretty good.
I'm a big Journey fan and have most of their CDs.

But Asian Steve Perry? Is that the guy they replaced Steve Perry with who looks a little like him (like the hair) and REALLY sounds a lot like him?

Location hidden

#79972 Feb 9, 2013
I hope jess is doing okay! Nick said one town in CT already had 34 FREAKING INCHES OF SNOW this morning!9999

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79973 Feb 9, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I always buy HP. I've had a few others, Gateway, Compaq, IBM, etc., back in the day, but I always go with HP....except not there's windows 8 and I freaking hate it. I installed it on this laptop and gave it a few days then I had to uninstall it. I hate it. Did I say I hate it? I'm going to call HP and see if they can make me one that comes with windows 7, but I doubt it. I'll just have to go to Apple. <shrug>
both dell and hp offer hard drives loaded with New Coke er I mean windows 7

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79974 Feb 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I hope jess is doing okay! Nick said one town in CT already had 34 FREAKING INCHES OF SNOW this morning!9999
She is further south.This looked like it followed Sandy's path.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#79975 Feb 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But Asian Steve Perry? Is that the guy they replaced Steve Perry with who looks a little like him (like the hair) and REALLY sounds a lot like him?
Who? Nooo. Asian Steve Perry is the 6'5" black guy with the 17 inch afro, that dresses like Bootsy Collins and sounds like BArry White.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min THE DEVIL 1,099,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min LRS 177,337
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 1 hr Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 3 hr rodeo3queen 4
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search