Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
So you spent the weekend with a dog and cooked him a steak because he was well hung?
He wasn't worth steak and he didn't get steak.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel for that kid.:(
Yeah, me too.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Also, don't drink alone and be careful with dem sleeping pills.
Careful with the pills - check. I only take one, and it works. I'm not sure if the dosage is supposed to be two.

Drinking alone - welllll.... it happens. But only a glass or two of wine, no more than that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

At a leisurely 3mph I am guessing about 20hrs depending upon traffic.
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
How long would it take to walk 60 miles? I'm guessing on the distance, city to city.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

The dogs have to keep up though.
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You could bike that!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
The dogs have to keep up though.
<quoted text>
Speaking of dogs, nice avatar pic.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Okay, poll question. Serious question but not a serious topic.

Tonight: Netflix & takeout, or go out and see Identity Thief or Zero Dark Thirty?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Tonight: Netflix & takeout, or go out and see Identity Thief or Zero Dark Thirty?
It's a toss up between Netflix and Identity Thief. I gotta be in the right mood for a Zero Dark Thirty type of thing.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
i'd say no to zero dark thirty... go with something more uplifting. we may actually go see identity theft on an actual date!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
How long would it take to walk 60 miles? I'm guessing on the distance, city to city.
If you're fighting breast cancer, it takes three days.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Zero Dark Thirty OR Silver Linings Playbook!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Netflix and takeout.

And I don't know if you like stuff like this, but I'd go for some pure fantasy. I've been trying to find time to watch Snow White & The Huntsman. Charlene's costumes look really awesome.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Zero Dark Thirty OR Silver Linings Playbook!
Saw Silver Linings Playbook last weekend.
:)
And I'm glad I did, because seeing it now would make me depressed. Last week my state of mind wasn't so bad that I couldn't appreciate the movie.

Ugh, I'm torn! One friend voted strongly for ZDT, saying that he heard IT sucked. Another friend saw IT and said it was hilarious. Another friend voted for Netflix & takeout.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a toss up between Netflix and Identity Thief. I gotta be in the right mood for a Zero Dark Thirty type of thing.
This is a good point. It's also a movie I kind of want to see *with* someone, to be able to talk about it afterward.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw Silver Linings Playbook last weekend.
:)
And I'm glad I did, because seeing it now would make me depressed. Last week my state of mind wasn't so bad that I couldn't appreciate the movie.
Ugh, I'm torn! One friend voted strongly for ZDT, saying that he heard IT sucked. Another friend saw IT and said it was hilarious. Another friend voted for Netflix & takeout.
Just go to a comedy club.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I'm sure some, if not most or all, of you are sick of me and my problems. But since in this forum, you can choose to read or scroll by or judge me with a silly icon, too bad... here goes. Fair warning for those who DON'T want to hear it anymore.
I'm climbing the walls with anger and despair. Unless I have something to really concentrate on, my own mind is my worst enemy. Work helps a little but only if it's a problem to solve - the routine stuff doesn't keep my mind off of the whole situation with Jasper.
People keep saying this is normal, etc. but I haven't been through enough relationships ending to know firsthand. I can barely function, and can only sleep with sominex. I pulled myself through the initial pain last fall by staying busy, but my energy is spent and I don't feel like I have it in me to start all over again.
Of course, back then I was caught up in A's drama with the boyfriend (who is currently weaseling himself back into the picture, but I can't and won't consume myself with that... unless it's a needed distraction?). I can't spend all my time with my close friends dumping on them, and people keep asking me if I'm okay because I "look sad." I feel like I should be walking around dripping blood, how visible my hurt is.
I've taken a first step toward finding a professional to talk to and it feels good - as good as anything feels right now - to take action. But in the meantime, I'm miserable. And everywhere I look at home, it's memories. Different apartment but all the same stuff.
Anyway... I don't really know what I'm trying to accomplish by telling you guys this. It's just an outlet, I guess. And I really do feel bad for coming across so melodramatic. It's not like anyone died.
You're in my thoughts. I have no advice other than the same stuff everyone else says, but I do understand (been there, done that) and I can say it will pass...some day.

If you need distraction I can point you towards the shit-storm that is about to descend on my life in the form of my sister and all of her problems....<sigh>

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
We're going to see Identity Thief tomorrow night (BD dinner and a movie). I vote for that one. You need some comedy in your life right now.

And 60 miles...3 days.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Thanks, I sent that to a friend who was stuck in traffic, as I was enjoying the boatride.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of dogs, nice avatar pic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Did you see that Die Hard 5 opens on Valentine's Day?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
Thanks, I sent that to a friend who was stuck in traffic, as I was enjoying the boatride.
<quoted text>
Dumb question: Does your cat go on the boat?(Some cats like that.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,861 - 78,880 of96,401
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]