|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/ health/church-preschool-child- development/index.html?hpt=hp_ t2
I don't even know what to say to this.
Wow. I'm thinking one of those kids either were abused, saw a lot of things at home, or (I hope not) an adult at the school has something to do with this.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Pre school is awfully young to be curious about one anothers bodies. These kids are acting out what they have seen or had done to them.(sadly)
squishymama wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/ health/church-preschool-child- development/index.html?hpt=hp_ t2
Sam I Am

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Let's apply this to a different scene that is not as emotionally charged as one with a child dying. You leave the bar and get in the car with your drunk friend who then causes a wreck that kills someone. Are you saying you, the passenger should be held responsible for "letting" him drive?
You're removing the most important aspect of the story: the obligation the parents had to protect their child. If an adult wants to screw himself or herself up and it's not going to impact anuyone else, have at it. But a parent has an obligation to protect their child, especially one that is so dependent.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Pre school is awfully young to be curious about one anothers bodies. These kids are acting out what they have seen or had done to them.(sadly)
<quoted text>
Too young to be curious? No. It's normal for them to be curious, and even the "you show me yours I'll show you mine" thing is normal for preschool and early primary grades, ime.
It is the stuff beyond that that indicate they've had inappropriate things done to them, or seen it.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You're removing the most important aspect of the story: the obligation the parents had to protect their child. If an adult wants to screw himself or herself up and it's not going to impact anuyone else, have at it. But a parent has an obligation to protect their child, especially one that is so dependent.
I agree with this. That is what makes it different.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Pre school is awfully young to be curious about one anothers bodies. These kids are acting out what they have seen or had done to them.(sadly)
That's not too young to be curious about each other's bodies, but it is to young to be doing more than looking, pointing, giggling, etc.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I know women are empowered and all that now, but how exactly should she have not "allowed" him to drive? Overpower him? Smack him? Hog-tie him and toss him in the trunk? I don't believe a passenger should be responsible for the actions of the driver.
You are local- you remember the case in the papers around Harvey, where the mom, bf and 5 year old were in the car. Mom was driving and was pulled over for soemthing and was arrested. Cop told mom to have bf drive. Mom says he's intoxicated. Cop says bf drives. 2 miles later bf gets in accident and 5 year old dies.

Cops are being (rightfully) sued and their pictures have been plastered on teh Trib and Sun Times website.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusagree. Pre0schoool is exactly when they are curious about each other's bodies but not in a salacious sexual way. Did you nevr play doctor?( no leers)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Yes I did, but I was 5 or 6 not 3 or 4. Maybe I was just a late bloomer.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dusagree. Pre0schoool is exactly when they are curious about each other's bodies but not in a salacious sexual way. Did you nevr play doctor?( no leers)
dahgts

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are local- you remember the case in the papers around Harvey, where the mom, bf and 5 year old were in the car. Mom was driving and was pulled over for soemthing and was arrested. Cop told mom to have bf drive. Mom says he's intoxicated. Cop says bf drives. 2 miles later bf gets in accident and 5 year old dies.
Cops are being (rightfully) sued and their pictures have been plastered on teh Trib and Sun Times website.
I just want to give discredit where it's due. That was one of Chicago Heights' "finest". I think there's a lawsuit by the mother.
Neither of the adults are prizes.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I remember boys & girls showing each other their junk during naptime when I was four. But there was no touching and certainly no "oral sex."

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

At that age, that stuff was just to pee out of. No way I'm putting my mouth on it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

squishymama wrote:
I'm not that willing to believe it so easily. There was a day care center that was in the middle of a child/sex/satan worshipping scandale a couple of decades ago, and it turns out, the day care owners/workers did not do ANY of it. It was The Crucible all over again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
At that age, that stuff was just to pee out of. No way I'm putting my mouth on it.
No doubt!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The McMartin child sex abuse scandal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_prescho...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

also, I am suspect if these kids allegedly performed these acts only in day care and not at home. Because kids that age (3-4) don't really have boundaries as to what they can do at home and waht they can do elsewhere.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I'm sure some, if not most or all, of you are sick of me and my problems. But since in this forum, you can choose to read or scroll by or judge me with a silly icon, too bad... here goes. Fair warning for those who DON'T want to hear it anymore.

I'm climbing the walls with anger and despair. Unless I have something to really concentrate on, my own mind is my worst enemy. Work helps a little but only if it's a problem to solve - the routine stuff doesn't keep my mind off of the whole situation with Jasper.

People keep saying this is normal, etc. but I haven't been through enough relationships ending to know firsthand. I can barely function, and can only sleep with sominex. I pulled myself through the initial pain last fall by staying busy, but my energy is spent and I don't feel like I have it in me to start all over again.

Of course, back then I was caught up in A's drama with the boyfriend (who is currently weaseling himself back into the picture, but I can't and won't consume myself with that... unless it's a needed distraction?). I can't spend all my time with my close friends dumping on them, and people keep asking me if I'm okay because I "look sad." I feel like I should be walking around dripping blood, how visible my hurt is.

I've taken a first step toward finding a professional to talk to and it feels good - as good as anything feels right now - to take action. But in the meantime, I'm miserable. And everywhere I look at home, it's memories. Different apartment but all the same stuff.

Anyway... I don't really know what I'm trying to accomplish by telling you guys this. It's just an outlet, I guess. And I really do feel bad for coming across so melodramatic. It's not like anyone died.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

I don't have any advice for you, jmw! Just commisseration. You seem to know that this is more "down in the dumps" than you've experienced in the past, so I'm glad you're going to talk to someone about it, someone who may be able to help you peek through the fog.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

From Carolyn Hax's live chat:

In the in box recently (I've condensed a bit): Email #1 from "Bob" to two dozen people, friends and relatives alike: Help! Someone talk some sense into my wife, I just found out she's having an affair with my son's soccer coach. Email #2 about an hour later: Oops, that was dumb. Never mind, forget I said anything, don't forward my email or repeat this, we're going to handle this privately, sorry to bother you. Email #3 from "Mary" (Bob's wife) next day: "Well, we all make mistakes. But *I* won't go on about our marriage problems (which are many and long-standing) in public like *some* people."

Wow.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not that willing to believe it so easily.
I'm with you. I don't see 4 and 5 yr olds going around blowing each other with such reckless abandon. It's like the people who claim 10 and 11 yr olds are non-stop, sex-crazed, sex-machines.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,801 - 78,820 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Death 1,073,089
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,593
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 2 hr Tgloaded 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,768
Abby July 12 2 hr Julie 5
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000