Wilmington, IL

#79852 Feb 8, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79853 Feb 8, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean to imply that they chat while pooping. They meet while going in and out or at the sink.
I got no problem sharing; when I gotta go, I gotta go.
Even that is something I don't want to take part in. Call me quirky, but if I'm in there and just about done, and someone walks in, I just chill and stay seated until I hear them leave. I want as little human contact as possible when going in or coming out of there.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79854 Feb 8, 2013
I don't know who, but someone here at work eats tuna at 7:45 in the morning. I can smell it at my desk.

It can suck sitting so close to the kitchen!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79855 Feb 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Even that is something I don't want to take t in. Call me quirky, but if I'm in there and just about done, and someone walks in, I just chill and stay seated until I hear them leave. I want as little human contact as possible when going in or coming out of there.
I'm not sure that he did either. But it seems to have become a joke between them. After all, Dickie has taken an elevator ride just to use the bosses' bathroom.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79856 Feb 8, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
My dogs go 2-3 times per day each.
Adding a second dog made the dog crap quadruple in amount. I don't know how they did it.

Location hidden

#79857 Feb 8, 2013
This is the follow-up on the guy who was driving on the ice and his SUV plunged through thin ice. His baby died three days, after being submerged for 15 minutes.

http://www.startribune.com/local/west/1902779...

BAC was .13.

I want the wife charged as well. She shouldn't have allowed her drunk husband to even drive. Charge them both, take the surviving kid away, sterilize the idiots.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79858 Feb 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
This is the follow-up on the guy who was driving on the ice and his SUV plunged through thin ice. His baby died three days, after being submerged for 15 minutes.
http://www.startribune.com/local/west/1902779...
BAC was .13.
I want the wife charged as well. She shouldn't have allowed her drunk husband to even drive. Charge them both, take the surviving kid away, sterilize the idiots.
Let's apply this to a different scene that is not as emotionally charged as one with a child dying. You leave the bar and get in the car with your drunk friend who then causes a wreck that kills someone. Are you saying you, the passenger should be held responsible for "letting" him drive?

Location hidden

#79859 Feb 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Let's apply this to a different scene that is not as emotionally charged as one with a child dying. You leave the bar and get in the car with your drunk friend who then causes a wreck that kills someone. Are you saying you, the passenger should be held responsible for "letting" him drive?
I can't compare the two scenarios.

Either mom herself was drunk (and thus should be charged because she's drunk and caring for two young children), or she was sober and didn't insist on driving.

I can't take away the emotion of it. I want them both to burn.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79860 Feb 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Let's apply this to a different scene that is not as emotionally charged as one with a child dying. You leave the bar and get in the car with your drunk friend who then causes a wreck that kills someone. Are you saying you, the passenger should be held responsible for "letting" him drive?
What about endangering the welfare of a child? As the kids' mom, she had a duty to protect them, unlike two adults drinking at a bar.

Location hidden

#79861 Feb 8, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about endangering the welfare of a child? As the kids' mom, she had a duty to protect them, unlike two adults drinking at a bar.
That's where I am coming from. She had a duty to protect her children and completely failed. Either she also was too drunk to drive, or he's a man's man who isn't going to let the little woman drive his SUV, or something. But she failed to protect her children.
edogxxx

United States

#79862 Feb 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I want the wife charged as well. She shouldn't have allowed her drunk husband to even drive.
I know women are empowered and all that now, but how exactly should she have not "allowed" him to drive? Overpower him? Smack him? Hog-tie him and toss him in the trunk? I don't believe a passenger should be responsible for the actions of the driver.

Location hidden

#79863 Feb 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I know women are empowered and all that now, but how exactly should she have not "allowed" him to drive? Overpower him? Smack him? Hog-tie him and toss him in the trunk? I don't believe a passenger should be responsible for the actions of the driver.
She should have refused to get in the car with him, and kept the kids out. Called someone to come get her and give her and the babies a ride home.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#79864 Feb 8, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/health/church-p...

I don't even know what to say to this.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79866 Feb 8, 2013
squishymama wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/ health/church-preschool-child- development/index.html?hpt=hp_ t2
Wow. I'm thinking one of those kids either were abused, saw a lot of things at home, or (I hope not) an adult at the school has something to do with this.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#79867 Feb 8, 2013
Pre school is awfully young to be curious about one anothers bodies. These kids are acting out what they have seen or had done to them.(sadly)
squishymama wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/ health/church-preschool-child- development/index.html?hpt=hp_ t2
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79868 Feb 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
You're removing the most important aspect of the story: the obligation the parents had to protect their child. If an adult wants to screw himself or herself up and it's not going to impact anuyone else, have at it. But a parent has an obligation to protect their child, especially one that is so dependent.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#79869 Feb 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
Pre school is awfully young to be curious about one anothers bodies. These kids are acting out what they have seen or had done to them.(sadly)
<quoted text>
Too young to be curious? No. It's normal for them to be curious, and even the "you show me yours I'll show you mine" thing is normal for preschool and early primary grades, ime.
It is the stuff beyond that that indicate they've had inappropriate things done to them, or seen it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79870 Feb 8, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
You're removing the most important aspect of the story: the obligation the parents had to protect their child. If an adult wants to screw himself or herself up and it's not going to impact anuyone else, have at it. But a parent has an obligation to protect their child, especially one that is so dependent.
I agree with this. That is what makes it different.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79871 Feb 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Pre school is awfully young to be curious about one anothers bodies. These kids are acting out what they have seen or had done to them.(sadly)
That's not too young to be curious about each other's bodies, but it is to young to be doing more than looking, pointing, giggling, etc.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79872 Feb 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You are local- you remember the case in the papers around Harvey, where the mom, bf and 5 year old were in the car. Mom was driving and was pulled over for soemthing and was arrested. Cop told mom to have bf drive. Mom says he's intoxicated. Cop says bf drives. 2 miles later bf gets in accident and 5 year old dies.

Cops are being (rightfully) sued and their pictures have been plastered on teh Trib and Sun Times website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Tony Rome 1,126,518
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 45 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,361
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 53 min J RULES 70,091
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,657
Abby 10-23-14 2 hr pde 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr Concerned_American 352
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]