Wilmington, IL

#79812 Feb 7, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79813 Feb 7, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
And this dude is your age?*barf*
Some people should not be allowed on FB.
One of my friends just called out her aunts on FB for not informing her that her paternal grandmother died (her father died last fall). She went on about how they are deplorable human beings and she hopes that when they die God forgives them for all of the evil that they do because she probably won't. There was a lot more. To top it off, she tagged everyone in her family.
Someone complained to FB and the post was pulled. She got more upset and reposted it after yelling about freedom of speech.
My friend's mom -- a very sweet, kind person -- is my FB friend. She has some crazy relatives, especially a couple of sisters who are total whackjobs who use FB to bully and bitch at people. When they start picking at friend's mom, I totally lay into them. Friend will be calling me at 10:30 p.m. "Ha! Darlene is foaming at the mouth over what you said to her! My mom loves what you posted!"

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79814 Feb 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
2/2/13
<quoted text>
2/4/13
<quoted text>
2/5/13
In a relationship with Gertrud Higgins
Ha!

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79815 Feb 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>My friend's mom -- a very sweet, kind person -- is my FB friend. She has some crazy relatives, especially a couple of sisters who are total whackjobs who use FB to bully and bitch at people. When they start picking at friend's mom, I totally lay into them. Friend will be calling me at 10:30 p.m. "Ha! Darlene is foaming at the mouth over what you said to her! My mom loves what you posted!"
I love it!

I am FB friends with a friend's brother. We haven't met IRL, but I have spoken with him on the phone a few times (he is one of my poll clerks). He is a smartass and likes to talk smack about my football teams. I have gotten in some rather heated (for me) discussions with him and his friends, both on his wall and mine. My husband and father think it is the strangest thing that a virtual stranger gets me so riled up during football games.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#79816 Feb 7, 2013
Ha! Do they know about us?
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it!
I am FB friends with a friend's brother. We haven't met IRL, but I have spoken with him on the phone a few times (he is one of my poll clerks). He is a smartass and likes to talk smack about my football teams. I have gotten in some rather heated (for me) discussions with him and his friends, both on his wall and mine. My husband and father think it is the strangest thing that a virtual stranger gets me so riled up during football games.

Neda, stay with me!

#79817 Feb 7, 2013
this is chilling...
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/02/07/oba...

and no, its not tinfoil hat stuff either.

Neda, stay with me!

#79818 Feb 7, 2013
for all you folk who think I am wonky and paranoid about carrying while on my property....
http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21009...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79819 Feb 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
for all you folk who think I am wonky and paranoid about carrying while on my property....
http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21009...
So how elderly are you?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79820 Feb 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! Do they know about us?
He tolerates you guys :) when I am away from here too long, my husband asks me to get back on Topix to sort things out in my head so I stop bugging him.

I don't usually laugh or yell out loud when I am on Topix. This guy knows how to push my buttons. You'd like him, though. He's a very conservative Giants fan.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79821 Feb 7, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So how elderly are you?
Not that I think Race is normal for walking around his house carrying, but what does elderly/not elderly have to do with anything? Bullets is bullets. No age discrimination.

Neda, stay with me!

#79822 Feb 7, 2013
I get offers to join AARP. But what does that have to do with anything? It was a crime committed on a person in their own home (and even NY stipulated that a person on their porch is in their home)
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So how elderly are you?

Neda, stay with me!

#79823 Feb 7, 2013
So, I guess its all your fault! ;)
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd like him, though. He's a very conservative Giants fan.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79824 Feb 7, 2013
I'm home (I wrenched my back Tuesday night, was home all day yesterday to rest and ice it, which made a huge difference, and I worked only half a day today).

and I'm watching the awesome classic Jumpin' Jack Flash with Whoopie Golderg!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79825 Feb 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm home (I wrenched my back Tuesday night, was home all day yesterday to rest and ice it, which made a huge difference, and I worked only half a day today).

Oh no! Hope you feel better soon. That is a great movie.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79826 Feb 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Did you wrench your back or did someone help you:-)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79827 Feb 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not that I think Race is normal for walking around his house carrying, but what does elderly/not elderly have to do with anything? Bullets is bullets. No age discrimination.
I was making a funny. Open the link. The headline said "Elderly man..."

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79828 Feb 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
I get offers to join AARP. But what does that have to do with anything? It was a crime committed on a person in their own home (and even NY stipulated that a person on their porch is in their home)
<quoted text>
No sense of humor around here. The title of the article, "Elderly man shot and robbed at home".

And now that I think about it, the elderly are targetted for crime such as mugging and burglary.

Neda, stay with me!

#79829 Feb 7, 2013
Sorry, did not get the humorous implication.
Yes the elderly are targeted for crimes, so are the not so elderly, women, children, banks and gas stations.

Thats my point, crime happens everywhere, "Even" in your own home.

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
No sense of humor around here. The title of the article, "Elderly man shot and robbed at home".
And now that I think about it, the elderly are targetted for crime such as mugging and burglary.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79830 Feb 7, 2013
Just finished cleaning up the backyard before the snow comes. I swear my dog sh!ts 3 times a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min shinningelectr0n 1,127,285
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 29 min Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 2 hr RACE 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,800
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 hr Wolverine33 654
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]