That was Andie
:(

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79752 Feb 5, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
And ignore the fact that, all around you, people are getting flowers, discussing their evening plans, TV shows mention it, etc.? Not very realistic.
Perhaps it is just that much different for guys, because Valentines Day plans hav never been a conversation in my workplace nor among my friends. I could not give you one example of what any friend or co-worker has ever had planned for Valentines Day. Additionally, I guess the women in my workplace are largely unlovable because the ones that recieve flowers at work are few and far between.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79753 Feb 5, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Andie J has post #1 on this thread. She and a few others started it up when the Trib stopped using Topix for comments and we all migrated over here.
She'd kinda dropped off the radar a year or so ago and PEllen recently informed us that she had died.
Very sorry to hear that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79754 Feb 5, 2013
The lawsuit against mcDs for the hot coffee was cmpletely justified if you know the details.

It was McDs own internal memos that lost their lawsuit for them. McDs was knowingly serving scalding hot coffee and numerous people were getting third degree burns EVERY YEAR. McDs factored in the cost of those settlements. They were a lower dollar amount than how much money they were saving on coffee by serving it at a temp hotter than the industry standard.(Hotter water = you can extract more coffee from the coffee grounds/beans.)

So McDs made a choice: Keep the water temp the same, people get burned, and they come out ahead financially.

Those internal memos that showed that McDs made that choice was the nail in the coffin. Without those memos, that proof, McDs would have won.

Location hidden

#79755 Feb 5, 2013
squishymama wrote:
OK, glad to be raising daughters in a land where Beyonce can do her thing.
http://news.yahoo.com/kashmir-girl-band-break...
I agree.

Location hidden

#79756 Feb 5, 2013
Weird, I can't get to the amy thread today.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79757 Feb 5, 2013
OK. Who broke today's Amy?

Location hidden

#79758 Feb 5, 2013
Now I can. nevermind. weird glitch.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79759 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Now I can. nevermind. weird glitch.
I still can't.

I think the moderators must not like bad teeth.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79760 Feb 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps it is just that much different for guys, because Valentines Day plans hav never been a conversation in my workplace nor among my friends. I could not give you one example of what any friend or co-worker has ever had planned for Valentines Day. Additionally, I guess the women in my workplace are largely unlovable because the ones that recieve flowers at work are few and far between.
I'm not usually such a girl about this stuff, believe me. But this is my first V-day as a single person in a very long time, I haven't been single very long yet, AND my ex is dating someone new. That's a tough pill to swallow. I have a lot of pain and anger, irrational as that part is, that I don't know what to do with.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79761 Feb 5, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
You do know there's this thing called an internet search engine which allows you to quickly search for and obtain information, right?
TSTI.
Then maybe you should try it sometime?

It was a Supreme Court ruling

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

Not arguing that I agree with it, just want you to get your facts straight. Dumbass.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79762 Feb 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Hey! Which one of you guys is the tax preparer?
It was Andie J, and if memory serves, this is teh 2 year anniversary of her death.
I miss her.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79763 Feb 5, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Andie? I take it something bad happened to/involving her?(I assume "her" by the spelling?)
Go to Post #1 of this thread. She was an active Reg from teh days when Topix was linked to teh Chicago Tribune for comments on Amby.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79764 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not usually such a girl about this stuff, believe me. But this is my first V-day as a single person in a very long time, I haven't been single very long yet, AND my ex is dating someone new. That's a tough pill to swallow. I have a lot of pain and anger, irrational as that part is, that I don't know what to do with.
Oh, Jammers, what to tell ya. I understand Valentine's Day holds meaning for women and can be hard for someone facing one single for the first time in a long time, but it's just a Hallmark Holiday. You gonna go through this again when Sweetest Day rolls around?

Don't wanna belittle your heartache, but don't want to validate it either. Valentines day sucks! Last year, tried to go out to a number of "nice" restaurants. 7:30 at night (I had to work late) and EVERY place still had a wait time of over an hour and a half! Ended up settling on Bakers Square where the wait time was only 20 minutes. How romantic!

Get together with your single girlfriends, drink plenty of wine and have a tickle fight in your underwear, and burn a man in effigy.

The longer you dwell on your sorrow, the longer it will take to move on. Embrace being single! ENJOY being single!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79765 Feb 5, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>

She'd kinda dropped off the radar .
Great euphemism.

( and I should read the posts before commenting.)
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79766 Feb 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Then maybe you should try it sometime?
It was a Supreme Court ruling
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Not arguing that I agree with it, just want you to get your facts straight. Dumbass.
It was not a Supreme Court ruling, dum dum. It's the headline used by the author of the article in The Atlantic you found when you Googled "corporations are people supreme court" and selected the first non-wiki result. The "corporations are people" language is not from the Supreme Court, it is the columnists bitter assessment/interpretation which is related to the statement "at least as far as the First Amendment is concerned."

Mitt Romney actually said the words "Corporations are people." No interpretation. You can go to YouTube and watch/listen to him actually say the words.

I'd call you a parrot but parrots think more than you do.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79767 Feb 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Last year, tried to go out to a number of "nice" restaurants. 7:30 at night (I had to work late) and EVERY place still had a wait time of over an hour and a half! Ended up settling on Bakers Square where the wait time was only 20 minutes. How romantic!
Baker's Square let you bring your blow-up doll?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79768 Feb 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Jammers, what to tell ya. I understand Valentine's Day holds meaning for women and can be hard for someone facing one single for the first time in a long time, but it's just a Hallmark Holiday. You gonna go through this again when Sweetest Day rolls around?

Don't wanna belittle your heartache, but don't want to validate it either. Valentines day sucks! Last year, tried to go out to a number of "nice" restaurants. 7:30 at night (I had to work late) and EVERY place still had a wait time of over an hour and a half! Ended up settling on Bakers Square where the wait time was only 20 minutes. How romantic!

Get together with your single girlfriends, drink plenty of wine and have a tickle fight in your underwear, and burn a man in effigy.

The longer you dwell on your sorrow, the longer it will take to move on. Embrace being single! ENJOY being single!
Sometimes I love you. This is one of those times.
;)

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79769 Feb 5, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
It's the headline used by the author of the article in The Atlantic you found when you Googled "corporations are people supreme court" and selected the first non-wiki result. The "corporations are people" language is not from the Supreme Court, it is the columnists bitter assessment/interpretation which is related to the statement "at least as far as the First Amendment is concerned."
It's true, though. Cross-referenced and fact-checked after I heard a progressive radio host say the same thing several months ago.

Are they wrong? Are you defending the Supreme Court?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79770 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I love you. This is one of those times.
;)
Woo hoo! Still got it! Take THAT, Sam!

Thanks baby! Sometimes I love you too! Wanna exchange naughty pics?!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,100,198
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min wojar 177,380
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min JOEL 68,986
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 43 min 40ish 4,667
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 1 hr Madison Taylor Ho... 744
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,369
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 1 hr Preacher 3
Amy 8-29 8 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE