Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79731 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Okay, and I just got to the part where ang gets called out for not being able to read. And on her birthday, too!
;)
I'm sorry, I love you, but that exchange made me LOL. "No, I can't read at all. Bitch."
I first called her a c-u-n-t bag then had them delete it.

Location hidden

#79732 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I have a question. Since for the past many years, I've sat smugly aside while watching single women get depressed over Valentine's Day and this year I find myself facing a nice dish of crow... go out (with single girls) or stay in with a movie and try not to drink an entire bottle?
I'm taking the 15th off from work and booked myself a spa appointment, trying to be pro-active, and I was planning this even before the depressing news on Sunday. But now that I've actually GOTTEN the depressing news, I'm absolutely dreading V-day. I want to have surgery or something so I can be unconscious for the whole thing.
Aw, really? I guess I've never cared much about V day -- I like the sentiment that it conveys, but I'm not into wanting gifts or flowers or anything on that day.

Me to nick recently: "Do we even need to do cards for valentine's day?"

Nick: "We probably should." (with a tone of "we should do SOMETHING for crying out loud,we're pathetic")

I also have gotten together with other single friends on that day and had a blast, so maybe you could do that?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79733 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I have a question. Since for the past many years, I've sat smugly aside while watching single women get depressed over Valentine's Day and this year I find myself facing a nice dish of crow... go out (with single girls) or stay in with a movie and try not to drink an entire bottle?
I'm taking the 15th off from work and booked myself a spa appointment, trying to be pro-active, and I was planning this even before the depressing news on Sunday. But now that I've actually GOTTEN the depressing news, I'm absolutely dreading V-day. I want to have surgery or something so I can be unconscious for the whole thing.
Valentine's Day is an awesome day to go out with your single girlfriends. You must know someone not hooked up. The thing is the guys out that evening 90% single. There might be a few guys where their lady works shift work or something like that but the majority are single.

Something to think about.

Location hidden

#79734 Feb 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Hey! Which one of you guys is the tax preparer?
That was Andie.:(

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79735 Feb 5, 2013
Oh, and jmw -- if you're not ready for a relationship, maybe you are ready for a one nighter?:) Just sayin' Dust off your wild side!

Since: Mar 09

United States

#79736 Feb 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
Hey! Which one of you guys is the tax preparer?
That was Andie
:(

United States

#79737 Feb 5, 2013
Thanks. Yeah, I have single friends, I just have to find out if A is free because her mom will still be in town and if L is free because she might have a test for work the next day.

I've never made a big deal out of V day before but the thought of Jasper spending it with someone else makes me want to hurl myself from the balcony.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79738 Feb 5, 2013
I think it's a good thing her name comes up now and again. She's not forgotten.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79739 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
... or stay in with a movie and try not to drink an entire bottle?
F*ck it. Drink the whole bottle.

j_m_w wrote:
I want to have surgery or something so I can be unconscious for the whole thing.
That is what the whole bottle is for.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79740 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it, have seen the play, and Matilda's comment made me chuckle.
Which is why Topix is better than FB. Only one of my friends there got the reference. Yesss!

Location hidden

#79741 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Thanks. Yeah, I have single friends, I just have to find out if A is free because her mom will still be in town and if L is free because she might have a test for work the next day.
I've never made a big deal out of V day before but the thought of Jasper spending it with someone else makes me want to hurl myself from the balcony.
Oh, yeah, that.:(

Don't worry, jamwow. We can get a man on the moon -- we can get a man on YOU!

United States

#79742 Feb 5, 2013
Oh, and V day is kind of our anniversary-was the first time we went out 9 years ago.

Please kill me.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79743 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Andie.:(
Who was Andie? I take it something bad happened to/involving her?(I assume "her" by the spelling?)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79744 Feb 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Lawsuits that are trying to recover damages I can understand. Even ones that are trying to cover future expenses that are a direct result of someone else's actions.
This crap about someone hurt my feelings or made me feel stupid, so they should pay me thousands of dollars? Or garbage like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDon... is why I think that tort law needs to be reformed.
I agree that stuff like that is stupid, but it still boils down to trying to punish someone for doing wrong. As misguided as Stella liebeck was, her and her lawyer felt that McDonalds did something wrong. Most thinking people disagree with them, but that does not change the intent of the lawsuit. I don't see how this comparison applies to this man who was legitimately wronged and defrauded by his ex-wife.

Evanston IL

#79745 Feb 5, 2013
OK, glad to be raising daughters in a land where Beyonce can do her thing.

http://news.yahoo.com/kashmir-girl-band-break...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79746 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Why even worry about it? Go out with friends vs. stay in with a bottle? Why are those the choices? Instead of looking at it as "Valentine's Day", why not look at it as... "Thursday"? Do you normally go out with the girls on Thursday or put away a bottle at home? No? You normally do something else on a Thursday? Then do THAT. Its just another Thursday.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#79747 Feb 5, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no, no, no. Remember what Romney told us? Corporations are people.
That was the Supreme Court, dummass.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79748 Feb 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Why even worry about it? Go out with friends vs. stay in with a bottle? Why are those the choices? Instead of looking at it as "Valentine's Day", why not look at it as... "Thursday"? Do you normally go out with the girls on Thursday or put away a bottle at home? No? You normally do something else on a Thursday? Then do THAT. Its just another Thursday.
And ignore the fact that, all around you, people are getting flowers, discussing their evening plans, TV shows mention it, etc.? Not very realistic.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79749 Feb 5, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the Supreme Court, dummass.
That was Romney, dumbass.

“Corporations are people, my friend,” Romney said.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-08-11...

You do know there's this thing called an internet search engine which allows you to quickly search for and obtain information, right?

TSTI.

Evanston IL

#79750 Feb 5, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was Andie? I take it something bad happened to/involving her?(I assume "her" by the spelling?)
Andie J has post #1 on this thread. She and a few others started it up when the Trib stopped using Topix for comments and we all migrated over here.

She'd kinda dropped off the radar a year or so ago and PEllen recently informed us that she had died.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 7 min Lioncub 103
Charles Barkley said it! 39 min CHUCK B 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min Lioncub 1,127,286
Dr 0782857120 abortion clinic in lebowakgomo 45 min Dr john 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 4 hr RACE 16
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]