“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#79708 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning! Today is my 45th birthday! I'm wearing super cute new black shoes, a cute new top, a new leather jacket (Dress Barn for the win!), and my five boxes of thin mints (Girl Scouts!) just got delivered to my desk.
LIfe is good.
Carry on.
Happy day to yoU!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79709 Feb 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to put this on him. Two wrongs do not make a right. When your kid is a teenager and says that he hates you or disagrees with you, are you going to say "the hell with you" or would you say "you are my son and I will always love you?"
Sounds like he didn't have any sort of conversation with his kids when he got the results. You don't spring this on teenagers without counseling and expect nothing to change.
The estrangement was not necessarily permanent, but I guarantee it is now that he has bad mouthed the kids that were his to the newspapers.
Oh, and I don't agree with most lawsuits that are meant to punish people.
Conversation? The way the story reads, he did not have an opportunity for a conversation much less a counselor. Again, HE did not relay the news to the kids. Ex did. Add to the fact that SHE had custody and he just found proof that they were not biologically his kids, I wonder what if he had any legal recourse to demand access to them.

And if this lawsuit was not meant to punish her, what was it for in your mind? She wronged him, and now she has to pay(a pittance). What exactly is unclear?
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79710 Feb 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to put this on him. Two wrongs do not make a right. When your kid is a teenager and says that he hates you or disagrees with you, are you going to say "the hell with you" or would you say "you are my son and I will always love you?"
Sounds like he didn't have any sort of conversation with his kids when he got the results. You don't spring this on teenagers without counseling and expect nothing to change.
The estrangement was not necessarily permanent, but I guarantee it is now that he has bad mouthed the kids that were his to the newspapers.
People should not suffer the consequences of their bad conduct?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#79711 Feb 5, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
You guys been following that story in Alabama about the dude that kidnapped a 5 y/o and took him in to his 8 by 6 bunker? Kid has Asperger's and ADHD. I couldn't help but think it was gonna end like "The Ransom of Red Chief".
I wonder how many people know the story(which was AWESOME, by the way).

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79712 Feb 5, 2013
Also keep in mind, thie DNA test happened in 2008. He's been cut out of their lives going on 5 years now. I doubt that a reconciliation was in the works before he phrased the situation as him not having any kids. He was accurately describing the situation they created by cutting him out. Further, if there was to be any reconciliation in the future, it would be after some self reflection on the part of the kids. They would first have to recognize how their mother poisoned them toward him. IF they came to that realization, his words to the paper would not matter, because they would know it was accurate based on their actions.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79713 Feb 5, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Now those are solid people. Very centered. I don't know if I could be that centered after someone raped me and I got pregnant by it. Glad I won't find out. Those are the kind of people who should raise kids.
ITA. If I got pregnant via rape, I'd be having an abortion. Especially if I were married.

Location hidden

#79714 Feb 5, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
You guys been following that story in Alabama about the dude that kidnapped a 5 y/o and took him in to his 8 by 6 bunker? Kid has Asperger's and ADHD. I couldn't help but think it was gonna end like "The Ransom of Red Chief".
HA! I have been meaning to read about that story, but kept forgetting, so I knew minimal about it. I didn't know that detail. That's hilarious. I remember that story well!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#79715 Feb 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I've seen people reconnect after some pretty horrible stuff, so there is still a chance for them. He handled it badly - there is no doubt about it, but the daughter is an adult so maybe they will get a chance to sit down and talk and he can apologize for unintentionally hurting her and her brother after they both have a chance to calm down.

Location hidden

#79716 Feb 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Conversation? The way the story reads, he did not have an opportunity for a conversation much less a counselor. Again, HE did not relay the news to the kids. Ex did. Add to the fact that SHE had custody and he just found proof that they were not biologically his kids, I wonder what if he had any legal recourse to demand access to them.
And if this lawsuit was not meant to punish her, what was it for in your mind? She wronged him, and now she has to pay(a pittance). What exactly is unclear?
And given how shitty the mom/exwife is, we can only guess as to how she delivered that news-- surely with the most hateful spin possible. Those kids have been poisoned against their dad.

Location hidden

#79717 Feb 5, 2013
Check this out at passiveaggressive notes.

be sure to scroll down a tiny bit to see the whole photo of the linen closet and how many wash cloths and towels they have (which is key to the story):

http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2013/02...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#79718 Feb 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
And I don't agree with most prison terms that are meant to punish people, either!

(You can't be serious??)

Location hidden

#79719 Feb 5, 2013
Lawsuits to punish corporations are the only way to get corporations to change. You have to hurt them financially: They won't change just because we ask them to or tell them to.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79720 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
be sure to scroll down a tiny bit to see the whole photo of the linen closet and how many wash cloths and towels they have (which is key to the story):
I would take the note to the gf and tell her I've already been instructed in the matter by the FIL, until I hear further from him that is the basis upon which I will operate. And I will not respond to notes. Then I'd crumple up the note, stuff it in her mouth, get her purse, take out 2 $20s and thank her for the bottle of wine.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79721 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Woooooowwww...
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79722 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Lawsuits to punish corporations are the only way to get corporations to change. You have to hurt them financially: They won't change just because we ask them to or tell them to.
No, no, no, no, no. Remember what Romney told us? Corporations are people.

And people have consciences. And consciences guide us to do the right thing.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79723 Feb 5, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder how many people know the story(which was AWESOME, by the way).
I know it, have seen the play, and Matilda's comment made me chuckle.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79724 Feb 5, 2013
Lawsuits that are trying to recover damages I can understand. Even ones that are trying to cover future expenses that are a direct result of someone else's actions.

This crap about someone hurt my feelings or made me feel stupid, so they should pay me thousands of dollars? Or garbage like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDon... is why I think that tort law needs to be reformed.

West Palm Beach, FL

#79725 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm reading the comments and this poster nailed it:

"It’s like the note read “You are somehow connected to my predecessor, therefore you are unwelcome.”"

West Palm Beach, FL

#79726 Feb 5, 2013
Okay, and I just got to the part where ang gets called out for not being able to read. And on her birthday, too!
;)

I'm sorry, I love you, but that exchange made me LOL. "No, I can't read at all. Bitch."

West Palm Beach, FL

#79727 Feb 5, 2013
I have a question. Since for the past many years, I've sat smugly aside while watching single women get depressed over Valentine's Day and this year I find myself facing a nice dish of crow... go out (with single girls) or stay in with a movie and try not to drink an entire bottle?

I'm taking the 15th off from work and booked myself a spa appointment, trying to be pro-active, and I was planning this even before the depressing news on Sunday. But now that I've actually GOTTEN the depressing news, I'm absolutely dreading V-day. I want to have surgery or something so I can be unconscious for the whole thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,143,858
After Ferguson the Protest Should Move to Chicago. 9 min Always Smile 10
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Dale 180,847
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Patriot AKA Bozo 48,552
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 52 min ChristmasIsJesus 51,243
Amy Nov 26 1 hr RACE 2
Abby Nov 26 1 hr RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST