Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79719 Feb 5, 2013
Lawsuits to punish corporations are the only way to get corporations to change. You have to hurt them financially: They won't change just because we ask them to or tell them to.
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79720 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Check this out at passiveaggressive notes.
be sure to scroll down a tiny bit to see the whole photo of the linen closet and how many wash cloths and towels they have (which is key to the story):
http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/2013/02...
I would take the note to the gf and tell her I've already been instructed in the matter by the FIL, until I hear further from him that is the basis upon which I will operate. And I will not respond to notes. Then I'd crumple up the note, stuff it in her mouth, get her purse, take out 2 $20s and thank her for the bottle of wine.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79721 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
be sure to scroll down a tiny bit to see the whole photo of the linen closet and how many wash cloths and towels they have (which is key to the story):
Woooooowwww...
Sam I Am

Knoxville, TN

#79722 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Lawsuits to punish corporations are the only way to get corporations to change. You have to hurt them financially: They won't change just because we ask them to or tell them to.
No, no, no, no, no. Remember what Romney told us? Corporations are people.

And people have consciences. And consciences guide us to do the right thing.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79723 Feb 5, 2013
Sgt__Smith wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder how many people know the story(which was AWESOME, by the way).
I know it, have seen the play, and Matilda's comment made me chuckle.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79724 Feb 5, 2013
Lawsuits that are trying to recover damages I can understand. Even ones that are trying to cover future expenses that are a direct result of someone else's actions.

This crap about someone hurt my feelings or made me feel stupid, so they should pay me thousands of dollars? Or garbage like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDon... is why I think that tort law needs to be reformed.

West Palm Beach, FL

#79725 Feb 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm reading the comments and this poster nailed it:

"It’s like the note read “You are somehow connected to my predecessor, therefore you are unwelcome.”"

West Palm Beach, FL

#79726 Feb 5, 2013
Okay, and I just got to the part where ang gets called out for not being able to read. And on her birthday, too!
;)

I'm sorry, I love you, but that exchange made me LOL. "No, I can't read at all. Bitch."

West Palm Beach, FL

#79727 Feb 5, 2013
I have a question. Since for the past many years, I've sat smugly aside while watching single women get depressed over Valentine's Day and this year I find myself facing a nice dish of crow... go out (with single girls) or stay in with a movie and try not to drink an entire bottle?

I'm taking the 15th off from work and booked myself a spa appointment, trying to be pro-active, and I was planning this even before the depressing news on Sunday. But now that I've actually GOTTEN the depressing news, I'm absolutely dreading V-day. I want to have surgery or something so I can be unconscious for the whole thing.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#79728 Feb 5, 2013
Hey! Which one of you guys is the tax preparer?

West Palm Beach, FL

#79729 Feb 5, 2013
Also: please send me positive wishes or prayers, however you're inclined, to stop being a Facebook stalker. I HATE myself.

Location hidden

#79730 Feb 5, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
Lawsuits that are trying to recover damages I can understand. Even ones that are trying to cover future expenses that are a direct result of someone else's actions.
This crap about someone hurt my feelings or made me feel stupid, so they should pay me thousands of dollars? Or garbage like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDon... is why I think that tort law needs to be reformed.
ITA. I have worked on SO many lawsuits, most of the personal injurty, medical malpractice type cases, and when the money goes beyond what somenoe actually needs, I think "Money won't bring back your baby/wife/mother."

Location hidden

#79731 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Okay, and I just got to the part where ang gets called out for not being able to read. And on her birthday, too!
;)
I'm sorry, I love you, but that exchange made me LOL. "No, I can't read at all. Bitch."
I first called her a c-u-n-t bag then had them delete it.

Location hidden

#79732 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I have a question. Since for the past many years, I've sat smugly aside while watching single women get depressed over Valentine's Day and this year I find myself facing a nice dish of crow... go out (with single girls) or stay in with a movie and try not to drink an entire bottle?
I'm taking the 15th off from work and booked myself a spa appointment, trying to be pro-active, and I was planning this even before the depressing news on Sunday. But now that I've actually GOTTEN the depressing news, I'm absolutely dreading V-day. I want to have surgery or something so I can be unconscious for the whole thing.
Aw, really? I guess I've never cared much about V day -- I like the sentiment that it conveys, but I'm not into wanting gifts or flowers or anything on that day.

Me to nick recently: "Do we even need to do cards for valentine's day?"

Nick: "We probably should." (with a tone of "we should do SOMETHING for crying out loud,we're pathetic")

I also have gotten together with other single friends on that day and had a blast, so maybe you could do that?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79733 Feb 5, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Valentine's Day is an awesome day to go out with your single girlfriends. You must know someone not hooked up. The thing is the guys out that evening 90% single. There might be a few guys where their lady works shift work or something like that but the majority are single.

Something to think about.

Location hidden

#79734 Feb 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
That was Andie.:(

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79735 Feb 5, 2013
Oh, and jmw -- if you're not ready for a relationship, maybe you are ready for a one nighter?:) Just sayin' Dust off your wild side!

United States

#79736 Feb 5, 2013
RACE wrote:
That was Andie
:(

United States

#79737 Feb 5, 2013
Thanks. Yeah, I have single friends, I just have to find out if A is free because her mom will still be in town and if L is free because she might have a test for work the next day.

I've never made a big deal out of V day before but the thought of Jasper spending it with someone else makes me want to hurl myself from the balcony.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79738 Feb 5, 2013
I think it's a good thing her name comes up now and again. She's not forgotten.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Coffee Party 194,606
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min TRD 70,146
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Bluestater 1,263,798
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr budd 54,324
Truly evil folks 2 hr Concern Citizen 5
News Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision (Jul '14) 2 hr MyNameIsToby 75
Chicago One Direction concert on the 23rd! 4 hr Tristascottcom 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages