Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Happy Birthday! May the coming year bring you happiness and may all of your wishes come true (even the ones you don't know you are wishing for)!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning! Today is my 45th birthday! I'm wearing super cute new black shoes, a cute new top, a new leather jacket (Dress Barn for the win!), and my five boxes of thin mints (Girl Scouts!) just got delivered to my desk.
LIfe is good.
Carry on.
HBD, Angela!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy sounded like a complete doormat.
Granted, I read the article last night and really don't recall the details, but what makes him seem like a doormat? He did not even have an inkling that they were not his kids till well after they were divorced. I don't recall the article saying they had any problems early in in their marriage or anything to make him question her fidelity. So what was it that you read that makes him seem like a door mat?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning! Today is my 45th birthday! I'm wearing super cute new black shoes, a cute new top, a new leather jacket (Dress Barn for the win!), and my five boxes of thin mints (Girl Scouts!) just got delivered to my desk.
LIfe is good.
Carry on.
Happy birthday, Red! Hope it's a good one!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
"I always wanted children and grandchildren and now it’s too late in life for me."

No it's not. Dump your old second wife and get some young tail.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Red
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Thanks, folks!

Re: the guy whose wife cheated: We don't know the gory details, really, but his 20yo daughter dumped him over the testing...

I guess I just don't think he ever should have done the DNA testing, and he should have just had the attitude, "These are my kids, I don't care what anyone else says." And the language he uses after this all has happened is like, "I don't have kids anymore."

I just think he detached from the kids he raised very quickly.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:

LIfe is good.

Carry on.
Happy Birthday!
:)

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>"I always wanted children and grandchildren and now itÂ’s too late in life for me."

No it's not. Dump your old second wife and get some young tail.
My response to him would be "You are an a$$. You have kids. They may not carry your genes, but you raised them and you are the only father they have ever known. Now, because you have bad taste in women, you have told them that those years mean nothing to you and furthermore you need to be compensated for the time and money that you spent on your children. F you. You had your chance to show people what a real father is and you blew it. Very few people get second chances in life and you haven't shown that you deserve any."

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
My response to him would be "You are an a$$. You have kids. They may not carry your genes, but you raised them and you are the only father they have ever known. Now, because you have bad taste in women, you have told them that those years mean nothing to you and furthermore you need to be compensated for the time and money that you spent on your children. F you. You had your chance to show people what a real father is and you blew it. Very few people get second chances in life and you haven't shown that you deserve any."
Unless I misread the article, I thought it was the kids who wanted nothing to do with *him*? That's why he feels abandoned and wanted his child support back? In which case I would agree with him. And Mattie has a good point, unlike you btches, men can have kids up untill the day they die (ha ha!)

And happy bday angela. It's my friend's birthday too.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Jldean wrote:
<quoted text>
Go slam a revolving door and then say everything is possible :)
It can happen. I was trapped in one of those once.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Angela!

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Granted, I read the article last night and really don't recall the details, but what makes him seem like a doormat? He did not even have an inkling that they were not his kids till well after they were divorced. I don't recall the article saying they had any problems early in in their marriage or anything to make him question her fidelity. So what was it that you read that makes him seem like a door mat?
This:

But by 2004 the marriage was struggling. Mr Rodwell explained:‘Helen was disappearing for several days without telling me where she was going. I only found out from used train and coach tickets I discovered.

‘I would collect the children from school as usual and walk into the house and it would be empty with no note or anything. Helen would go to places such as Newcastle or Manchester, and if I asked why she had gone there she would say,“Nothing to do with you.”&#8201;’

My wife wouldn't be making "multiple" trips to places like Newcastle or Manchester, without telling me why she was going to be gone from our family for several days. It would happen one time and one time, only. I wouldn't be looking at used train tickets either ... wouldn't matter to me where she went ... I wouldn't care if she disappeared to go meet the Pope for a few days. If my wife pulled that shyte, the door locks would be changed.

I firmly believe that most men (not all) who have this shyte happen to them, lost their man card a long time ago. There is probably a long history of her treating him like garbage to go along with having children with other men.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Thanks, folks!:)

Right, Sub. My spouse disappears for days with no explanation? I'm going to a divorce attorney that week.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks, folks!
Re: the guy whose wife cheated: We don't know the gory details, really, but his 20yo daughter dumped him over the testing...
I guess I just don't think he ever should have done the DNA testing, and he should have just had the attitude, "These are my kids, I don't care what anyone else says." And the language he uses after this all has happened is like, "I don't have kids anymore."
They cut off contact AFTER he got the testing done. You're right that he should have never done the testing.
I know guys who've been in this spot, but their attitude when people where spreading rumours about a couple of them not being theirs biologically were met with 'eff you, they're mine, I don't care how they got started'. They never got DNA tested, and that's why they still have loving relationships with the kids.

Have a great birthday, Red!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks, folks!
Following the results, the children cut off all contact with him. He claims his ex-wife turned them against him.

‘I treated them both as if they were my own. I was there at their births, went to their Nativity plays and helped them with school homework.
‘I can’t stop thinking about the children as they were my life.
‘The children were the most important people in my life, and now they have gone.

This does not sound like the words of someone who detached quickly. He says he does not have kids anymore because they have disowned him. Its the truth. Something he feels the mother caused. It could be argued that he caused it with the testing, but I don't buy for a second that the mother did not influence the children living under her roof. Cheated on him while married. Duped him into raising the children of 2 other me. Showed no remorse when confronted with the truth. So you have a pissed off decietful ex who now has to move out of their marital home and sell it to split the proceeds. She gets no more "maintenance". You bet your ass she bad moutheed him to the kids and killed the relationship.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This:
But by 2004 the marriage was struggling. Mr Rodwell explained:‘Helen was disappearing for several days without telling me where she was going. I only found out from used train and coach tickets I discovered.
‘I would collect the children from school as usual and walk into the house and it would be empty with no note or anything. Helen would go to places such as Newcastle or Manchester, and if I asked why she had gone there she would say,“Nothing to do with you.”&#8201;’
My wife wouldn't be making "multiple" trips to places like Newcastle or Manchester, without telling me why she was going to be gone from our family for several days. It would happen one time and one time, only. I wouldn't be looking at used train tickets either ... wouldn't matter to me where she went ... I wouldn't care if she disappeared to go meet the Pope for a few days. If my wife pulled that shyte, the door locks would be changed.
I firmly believe that most men (not all) who have this shyte happen to them, lost their man card a long time ago. There is probably a long history of her treating him like garbage to go along with having children with other men.
Article says that happened in 2004. And they got divorced in 2004. Does not seem to me like he put up with it. Maybe he did not handle it the exact same way you would have, but it certainly does not scream doormat. He took care of the problem.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Unless I misread the article, I thought it was the kids who wanted nothing to do with *him*? That's why he feels abandoned and wanted his child support back? In which case I would agree with him. And Mattie has a good point, unlike you btches, men can have kids up untill the day they die (ha ha!)

And happy bday angela. It's my friend's birthday too.
If my father was questioning whether he was really my "father" I would tell him to shove it, too. He needs to grow up.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
His ex-wife is no prize. I think she should get in trouble for fraud, personally. I wouldn't put it that "women are so deceitful" as much some people can be deceitful.

Here's my problem, though. I understand the man wanting to know but I wonder if there wasn't a better way to do it. In such a public way his kids found out, too. I doubt those kids knew. The only father they probably knew was him and for all intent and purposes he was their father.

Sad all around.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Following the results, the children cut off all contact with him. He claims his ex-wife turned them against him.

‘I treated them both as if they were my own. I was there at their births, went to their Nativity plays and helped them with school homework.
‘I can’t stop thinking about the children as they were my life.
‘The children were the most important people in my life, and now they have gone.

"[A]s if they were my own"?! F that. They are his (at least that would be a real Father's mindset). A real Father never stops fighting for his kids.

This douche wants people to feel sorry for him, but I think that he and the ex deserved each other. I feel bad for the kids (no matter how old they are now).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,601 - 78,620 of97,429
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,071,552
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min Frijoles 68,121
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Washington DC 45,439
Abby 7-10 39 min Cass 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 43 min Cali Girl 2014 48,682
Amy 7-10 1 hr Julie 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,549
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info