Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79629 Feb 4, 2013
Oh please, the power outage was planned? For what reason?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79630 Feb 4, 2013
I feel bad for whomever may lose their job over that.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79631 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I feel bad for whomever may lose their job over that.
radio guy's conspiracy theory is that vegas had a hand in that to cool off the ravens.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79632 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>radio guy's conspiracy theory is that vegas had a hand in that to cool off the ravens.
Really? Wow!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#79633 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh please, the power outage was planned? For what reason?
Maybe that was part of it, maybe not. But the momentum sure changed. What was looking like a blow out in the first half, turned out to be a very tight game in the second half. Coincidence? Perhaps. But when you consider all the money and betting involved, it looks like a pretty suspicious one.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#79634 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>radio guy's conspiracy theory is that vegas had a hand in that to cool off the ravens.
There ya go. Not so far-fetched now, is it?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79635 Feb 4, 2013
I wasn't even thinking of the Mob's influence. I should have known better.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79636 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is a coincidence to you.
No, but today you seem to be speaking in terms of conspiracies and secret agendas.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79637 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>radio guy's conspiracy theory is that vegas had a hand in that to cool off the ravens.
Do you believe it?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79638 Feb 4, 2013
History and science meet. So cool that they were able to figure it out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-...

"The forensic dramas that have become so popular on our TV screens in recent years have whetted the publicís appetite for this particularly morbid line in detective work, but the discovery of the skeleton of Richard III beneath a Leicester car park trumps any work of fiction...

The University of Leicester, whose coup this is, used archeology, genealogical research, carbon dating and DNA-matching to conclude that the huddled skeleton with a twisted spine and severe head injuries is, beyond reasonable doubt, that of the last monarch of the House of York."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79639 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
History and science meet. So cool that they were able to figure it out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-...
"The forensic dramas that have become so popular on our TV screens in recent years have whetted the publicís appetite for this particularly morbid line in detective work, but the discovery of the skeleton of Richard III beneath a Leicester car park trumps any work of fiction...
The University of Leicester, whose coup this is, used archeology, genealogical research, carbon dating and DNA-matching to conclude that the huddled skeleton with a twisted spine and severe head injuries is, beyond reasonable doubt, that of the last monarch of the House of York."
I know, crazy,right? To be former king then buried in no coffin at all. The disrespect! He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the monarchy! ;)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79640 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe it?
The difference between me and dogg, I can look at that idea and see that it is POSSIBLE, but not consider it to be likely. Dogg looks athte covert agenda and to him, that is the most likely scenario.

Do I believe the power outage had to do with Vegas? No. But I would not be too surprised if that ended up being the case.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79641 Feb 4, 2013
I also read earlier today about the nephews he most likely murdered in order to better secure his place in the hierarchy. The bodies were found about 200 years later, in the 1600s, behind/underneath a staircase.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79642 Feb 4, 2013
Good luck, Tonka. Facing the unknown is scary, but you are resourceful and really smart. That's a really good start :)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79643 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>The difference between me and dogg, I can look at that idea and see that it is POSSIBLE, but not consider it to be likely. Dogg looks athte covert agenda and to him, that is the most likely scenario.
Do I believe the power outage had to do with Vegas? No. But I would not be too surprised if that ended up being the case.
I would be surprised. They usually win (monetarily) no matter what team wins/loses. Why would they take a bigger risk in getting caught doing something so stupid?

I'd be more apt to believe some idiot who had money on the game took out the transformer. Or, the fact that they were overloading the thing by broadcasting all over the world and some idiot didn't do the calculations correctly and it got overloaded.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79644 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, crazy,right? To be former king then buried in no coffin at all. The disrespect! He's the Rodney Dangerfield of the monarchy! ;)
He didn't seem like the nicest guy.

Appearantly there are several post-mortem wounds since his body was displayed in the town square.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#79645 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And all black, too, from what I could tell. Guess she isn't one for diversity. I found that to be rather offensive. And she set the woman's movement back 30 years with that performance, way to encourage girls to be sexual objects.
And loved the "anti-gun" theme with the performances by the Sandy Hook children and Jennifer Hudson.
And the commercials were CRAP!
Worst. Superbowl. Ever.
Like you give a shit about womens' rights...

/faceplam

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79646 Feb 4, 2013
More fb posting from old classmate.

Had the most amazing weekend with the most beautiful and amazing woman EVER Gertrude Higgins... Aaaaaahhhhh. Heads in the clouds and I don't wanna come down missing her already!!!
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79647 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
History and science meet. So cool that they were able to figure it out:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-...
"The forensic dramas that have become so popular on our TV screens in recent years have whetted the publicís appetite for this particularly morbid line in detective work, but the discovery of the skeleton of Richard III beneath a Leicester car park trumps any work of fiction...
The University of Leicester, whose coup this is, used archeology, genealogical research, carbon dating and DNA-matching to conclude that the huddled skeleton with a twisted spine and severe head injuries is, beyond reasonable doubt, that of the last monarch of the House of York."
I thoroughly recommend Josephone Tey's Daughter of Time for a very good forensic approach to Richard's supposed murders of teh Princes in the Tower. It predates DNA technology but has interesting insights into Ricahrd.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#79648 Feb 4, 2013
What, was this guy the 40yr old virgin or something?
Mister Tonka wrote:
More fb posting from old classmate.
Had the most amazing weekend with the most beautiful and amazing woman EVER Gertrude Higgins... Aaaaaahhhhh. Heads in the clouds and I don't wanna come down missing her already!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 24 min Lioncub 103
Charles Barkley said it! 56 min CHUCK B 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Lioncub 1,127,286
Dr 0782857120 abortion clinic in lebowakgomo 1 hr Dr john 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Mandela 68,673
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Hey U 50,660
Amy 10-24 4 hr RACE 16
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr WelbyMD 179,478
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]