Comments
78,541 - 78,560 of 97,932 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79609 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Well, things are about to really suck for me. Just got the official announcement than my company is being sold. The new owners central office is out West. Many of their job functions are centralized at their HQ. Mine is likely one of those. So it looks like Tonka needs to touch up his 11 year old resume, gussy up his LinkedIn account, and start brushing up on his interview skills.
shave your legs for the pantyhose. Oh, wait, Floridians don't wear that. nevermind.

Location hidden

#79610 Feb 4, 2013
FWIW, I'm told the economy is actually good for job hunters right now. We laid off four engineers two weeks ago and two got jobs immediately, and the other two are interviewing and have had offers.(Not bad for low-performers, eh?)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79611 Feb 4, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you watch the actual game? The second half (other than the power outage) was really exciting!
I thought it was a good game and I really didn't have a horse in the race. I didn't care who won.

The power outage gave me time to do my usual things. Normally when i watch anything on TV I use the commercial time to stick a load of laundry in, do some dishes, or whatever.

As i'm watching the super bowl I didn't know what to do since the commercials are part of the whole experience and you don't want to miss those. I don't have Uverse or DVR so I could pause life TV.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#79612 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Does anyone here use Google Chrome? Because suddenly, my google chrome is giving me repetitive, annoying malware warnings instead of taking me to pages, including this one.
Yes! Me, too. It's driving me nuts.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#79613 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Well, things are about to really suck for me. Just got the official announcement than my company is being sold. The new owners central office is out West. Many of their job functions are centralized at their HQ. Mine is likely one of those. So it looks like Tonka needs to touch up his 11 year old resume, gussy up his LinkedIn account, and start brushing up on his interview skills.
Sorry about that Tonka. That sucks. It's one thing if you get to pick to leave, quite another when they tell you that you have to go.

Location hidden

#79614 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Me, too. It's driving me nuts.
This just started today for me! Grrr!

Location hidden

#79615 Feb 4, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#79616 Feb 4, 2013
That totally blows dude!
Mister Tonka wrote:

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#79617 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
That stinks, Tonka, sorry. Good luck with the hunt.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#79618 Feb 4, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you watch the actual game? The second half (other than the power outage) was really exciting!
Obviously staged.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79619 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
That sucks, man. But it seems like you got the skills that are in demand, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#79620 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks. I'm glad to know it was actually nothing. It's nice to know that Google Chrome is another layer of protection, too.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79621 Feb 4, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
Your comment didn't warrant rebutting.
Or maybe you don't have one? Your simple mind just spews venom when you have nothing intelligible to say.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#79622 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously staged.
See you have your tinfoil hat on today. Very shiny.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79623 Feb 4, 2013
And good luck Tonka. I do not share Red's enthusiasm that the market is prime for job seekers. I've been looking for a new job for a while now and nothing, nadda, zip.

Location hidden

#79624 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm glad to know it was actually nothing. It's nice to know that Google Chrome is another layer of protection, too.
Also, it hasn't happened to me in a little while now,like half an hour, and it was happening constantly before.

Location hidden

#79625 Feb 4, 2013
I didn't say it was "prime" for job hunting, only that it was good. I think there's a big difference between those two terms.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79626 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I didn't say it was "prime" for job hunting, only that it was good. I think there's a big difference between those two terms.
I wouldn't even say it was good. The national unemployment rate jumped by .2% last month.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79627 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
See you have your tinfoil hat on today. Very shiny.
Everything is a coincidence to you.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79628 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything is a coincidence to you.
Everything has some sort of covert agenda with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min woodtick57 1,100,150
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min LRS 177,370
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 1 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 2 hr Julie 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Paco Pinto 4,666
Amy 8-29 4 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••