Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79589 Feb 4, 2013
squishymama wrote:
So we ended up actually watching the Super Bowl last night. Dickie didn't want to have to tell people at work that no, he didn't see that ad.
And while there was a break in the Puppy Bowl, the girls wandered in just in time for the end of Beyonce's halftime show. Lulu took one look at her and said "I soooo love her outfit." and proceeded to watch the rest of the booty shaking show.
<sigh> I really feel like I'm in for it in about 8 years...
You poor thing. I feel for you. Beyonce did look good, though, but like you I would not want my daughter in that outfit. Until she was 40.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79590 Feb 4, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's it.
I keep trying to tell myself that I've already been through the hardest part and that this news doesn't actually change anything... both true statements, but I still feel sick thinking about him being with someone else.
I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and it's a whole shoe rack. I seriously think I feel worse today than I did the first day he was gone.
I've never understood the whole "friends" thing after a long relationship. I mean, the sentiment is nice, but that feeling in the pit of your stomach with every interaction isn't worth it. I've only had one other long relationship besides J, I think it was...almost 7 years long, and he wanted to remain friends. I'm like, look, I don't hate you, and I'll say 'hi' if I run in to you, I just don't want to know what's going on with you.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#79591 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor thing. I feel for you. Beyonce did look good, though, but like you I would not want my daughter in that outfit. Until she was 40.
Yes, she did.

And I really liked that it was all ladies in the band. We tried to distract them from the booty shaking by pointing that out, even if it was pointing to tiny little people in the background.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#79592 Feb 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never understood the whole "friends" thing after a long relationship. I mean, the sentiment is nice, but that feeling in the pit of your stomach with every interaction isn't worth it. I've only had one other long relationship besides J, I think it was...almost 7 years long, and he wanted to remain friends. I'm like, look, I don't hate you, and I'll say 'hi' if I run in to you, I just don't want to know what's going on with you.
In the past, I never thought I could do it myself but I've known people who can and do. I want(ed) to try... and I could do if he would just become a monk.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#79593 Feb 4, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, she did.
And I really liked that it was all ladies in the band.
And all black, too, from what I could tell. Guess she isn't one for diversity. I found that to be rather offensive. And she set the woman's movement back 30 years with that performance, way to encourage girls to be sexual objects.

And loved the "anti-gun" theme with the performances by the Sandy Hook children and Jennifer Hudson.

And the commercials were CRAP!

Worst. Superbowl. Ever.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#79594 Feb 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've remained friends with people I dated, but there's usually a month or two period or more (depending upon the relationship) of adjustment where you just don't see or talk to each other. Not a friendship where you see each other all the time, though.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#79595 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And all black, too, from what I could tell. Guess she isn't one for diversity. I found that to be rather offensive. And she set the woman's movement back 30 years with that performance, way to encourage girls to be sexual objects.
And loved the "anti-gun" theme with the performances by the Sandy Hook children and Jennifer Hudson.
Worst. Superbowl. Ever.
I can honestly say I did not notice whether or not "everyone was black". I never heard you complain about an all white band.

One thing, though -- Beyonce is beautiful.

As for the "anti-gun" comment -- huh? Are you for real? Where do you get it was anti-gun. You are so strange. What's the problem for you with Jennifer Hudson? Is it b/c she's black, too?

The commercials weren't all that good and to get teary-eyed about a beer commercial made me aggravated with myself.

The game was fun. There were enough mistakes on both sides to make it an interesting game.
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79596 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst. Superbowl. Ever.
TSTI. Good grief.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79597 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
As for the "anti-gun" comment -- huh? Are you for real? Where do you get it was anti-gun. You are so strange. What's the problem for you with Jennifer Hudson? Is it b/c she's black, too?
Now YOU can't be for real. You didn't find it the least bit coincidental that both performers were indirect victims of gun crimes? That was no accident.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#79598 Feb 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
There will be drama, fo sho. Already not expecting SIL's dad to show. J will walk her down the aisle. My MIL was a hot mess for our ceremony, and that her kid then was 32--I know her "baby" will be worse.
My SIL is terrible at decision making; I don't think she has any clue that she's going to have to spearhead wedding plans. I definitely expect drama in that department.
I will so be staying tuned in...

“reign in blood”

United States

#79599 Feb 4, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
<quoted text>
TSTI. Good grief.
Nice intelligent, well thought out, inarguable rebuttal. You've really explained your case well.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#79600 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Now YOU can't be for real. You didn't find it the least bit coincidental that both performers were indirect victims of gun crimes? That was no accident.
Given the horrific things that the Sandy Hook school kids have been through, I'm not surprised someone wanted to do something nice for them and have them sing at the Super Bowl.

Given Jennifer Hudson's TALENT, I'm not surprised they picked her.

Given how many NFL players have guns (and how some of them used them on others and themselves), I'm not thinking the NFL is anti-gun nor do I believe they want into that fight.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#79601 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst. Superbowl. Ever.
I cannot comment on the color of everyone's skin; we tuned in at the almost-end. But with the color of my kids' skin, that would not have bothered me.

But I will agree with you about sexual objects angle. <sigh>

“reign in blood”

United States

#79602 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the horrific things that the Sandy Hook school kids have been through, I'm not surprised someone wanted to do something nice for them and have them sing at the Super Bowl.
Given Jennifer Hudson's TALENT, I'm not surprised they picked her.
Given how many NFL players have guns (and how some of them used them on others and themselves), I'm not thinking the NFL is anti-gun nor do I believe they want into that fight.
There are a lot of people with talent, why do you think they chose her to perform alongside the Sandy Hook kids? And given the fact the NFL has seen their own share of gun violence, you really think it was a mere coincidence? Please don't be so dense.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79603 Feb 4, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>In the past, I never thought I could do it myself but I've known people who can and do. I want(ed) to try... and I could do if he would just become a monk.
I had one years-long boyfriend before I was with my husband. We had our wedding date picked out and all (though we were still young and it was too far in advance to put deposits on anything). he is a good guy, we were just not right for each other. I still think he's a little crazy and he still thinks that my husband either a) has his life or b) would be his best friend if I would just let them meet.

We can talk now without me feeling any wistfulness or regret. It took years, though.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79604 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

Worst. Superbowl. Ever.
Did you watch the actual game? The second half (other than the power outage) was really exciting!
Sam I Am

Cedar Grove, TN

#79605 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice intelligent, well thought out, inarguable rebuttal. You've really explained your case well.
You wouldn't know an intelligent rebuttal if it threw a chair at you.

Your comment didn't warrant rebutting.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79606 Feb 4, 2013
Well, things are about to really suck for me. Just got the official announcement than my company is being sold. The new owners central office is out West. Many of their job functions are centralized at their HQ. Mine is likely one of those. So it looks like Tonka needs to touch up his 11 year old resume, gussy up his LinkedIn account, and start brushing up on his interview skills.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79607 Feb 4, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you watch the actual game? The second half (other than the power outage) was really exciting!
I didn't watch any of it, but based on what I heard on the radio this morning, the second half of that game was exciting!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79608 Feb 4, 2013
Does anyone here use Google Chrome? Because suddenly, my google chrome is giving me repetitive, annoying malware warnings instead of taking me to pages, including this one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Earthling-1 47,006
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min southern Illinois... 50,039
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RoxLo 1,115,129
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 69,495
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,560
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 178,586
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr RACE 639

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]