Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
So I just had a long conversation with Jasper. He is dating. Overall it was an emotional but necessary conversation that didn't end badly, but I feel like total crap. Maybe on some weird level this will give me permission to let myself move on. I'm hoping.
Interweb hugs.:-/

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

My MIL did not wig out; she was fairly sane about the whole thing. Can't bitch too much, since she married J's dad at 18. They told SIL's dad and he was just kind of like "Oh."

They're talking about getting hitched summer of '14. Would be before their junior year.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
So I just had a long conversation with Jasper. He is dating. Overall it was an emotional but necessary conversation that didn't end badly, but I feel like total crap. Maybe on some weird level this will give me permission to let myself move on. I'm hoping.
Every new ounce of information, I'm sure, hurts. It's part of the process, I suppose. Still sux.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

I posted Amby for today (2-3). If someone wants to find Saturday's -- go for it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
My MIL did not wig out; she was fairly sane about the whole thing. Can't bitch too much, since she married J's dad at 18. They told SIL's dad and he was just kind of like "Oh."
They're talking about getting hitched summer of '14. Would be before their junior year.
So how do you think your ILs will do over the next year and a half leading up to the wedding? You think they will be cool about it or will there be drama?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. It feels like breaking up all over again.
I know it does. Maybe think about going somewhere...like Tahiti...with a bunch of girlfriends for a week or so. Just go do a bunch of fun stuff. And remember, what happens in Tahiti, stays in Tahiti.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it does. Maybe think about going somewhere...like Tahiti...with a bunch of girlfriends for a week or so. Just go do a bunch of fun stuff. And remember, what happens in Tahiti, stays in Tahiti.
Martinique. It's closer to her and its French as well.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Rough for you. Sorry, but you are right, it was necessary.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

The columns for GroundHog Day where one keeps repeating the same thing over and over and no matter what one tries, you cannot change the outcome.(no, these are not re-hash)

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TE6HCDA00M...

Abby for Saturday 2-2-13

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TD9V74L4F6...

Amy for 2-2-13
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Toj wrote:
I posted Amby for today (2-3). If someone wants to find Saturday's -- go for it.
I went for it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Hang in there, the hurt won't last forever.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Good for them! Congratulations!
Julie

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
Wheeelp, my SIL and her boyfriend came with some news this weekend--they're engaged.
Ummmmm, wow. Good luck to her. And to him...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I'm sorry it hurts so much.

Are you trying to stay friends with him? Is it making things easier really?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Martinique. It's closer to her and its French as well.
True. Of course anywhere that has sun and I can get a drink with fresh fruit and an umbrella is ok by me.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>So how do you think your ILs will do over the next year and a half leading up to the wedding? You think they will be cool about it or will there be drama?
There will be drama, fo sho. Already not expecting SIL's dad to show. J will walk her down the aisle. My MIL was a hot mess for our ceremony, and that her kid then was 32--I know her "baby" will be worse.

My SIL is terrible at decision making; I don't think she has any clue that she's going to have to spearhead wedding plans. I definitely expect drama in that department.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry it hurts so much.

Are you trying to stay friends with him? Is it making things easier really?
Yes, we've been talking all along as friends. I don't know how things will be with this new development. I want to be friends in the long run but I might have to step back for a little while. I'll take it day by day.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

I can't sleep. This is worse than the day he moved away.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Ugh. I know that feeling. Like a low-grade-gonna-puke feeling that lasts all frickin' day. For days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 32 min Uzi 68,076
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 58 min Patrick 1,084,464
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,455
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 45,909
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 2 hr sheepleloveroyalty 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 175,239
Why We will Go to War with Russia 4 hr SnuffAGlobalist 3
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••