Topix Chitown Regulars

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79619 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Well, things are about to really suck for me. Just got the official announcement than my company is being sold. The new owners central office is out West. Many of their job functions are centralized at their HQ. Mine is likely one of those. So it looks like Tonka needs to touch up his 11 year old resume, gussy up his LinkedIn account, and start brushing up on his interview skills.
That sucks, man. But it seems like you got the skills that are in demand, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79620 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks. I'm glad to know it was actually nothing. It's nice to know that Google Chrome is another layer of protection, too.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#79621 Feb 4, 2013
Sam I Am wrote:
Your comment didn't warrant rebutting.
Or maybe you don't have one? Your simple mind just spews venom when you have nothing intelligible to say.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79622 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously staged.
See you have your tinfoil hat on today. Very shiny.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79623 Feb 4, 2013
And good luck Tonka. I do not share Red's enthusiasm that the market is prime for job seekers. I've been looking for a new job for a while now and nothing, nadda, zip.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79624 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm glad to know it was actually nothing. It's nice to know that Google Chrome is another layer of protection, too.
Also, it hasn't happened to me in a little while now,like half an hour, and it was happening constantly before.

Location hidden

#79625 Feb 4, 2013
I didn't say it was "prime" for job hunting, only that it was good. I think there's a big difference between those two terms.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79626 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I didn't say it was "prime" for job hunting, only that it was good. I think there's a big difference between those two terms.
I wouldn't even say it was good. The national unemployment rate jumped by .2% last month.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79627 Feb 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
See you have your tinfoil hat on today. Very shiny.
Everything is a coincidence to you.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79628 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything has some sort of covert agenda with you.

Location hidden

#79629 Feb 4, 2013
Oh please, the power outage was planned? For what reason?

Location hidden

#79630 Feb 4, 2013
I feel bad for whomever may lose their job over that.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79631 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I feel bad for whomever may lose their job over that.
radio guy's conspiracy theory is that vegas had a hand in that to cool off the ravens.

Location hidden

#79632 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>radio guy's conspiracy theory is that vegas had a hand in that to cool off the ravens.
Really? Wow!

“reign in blood”

United States

#79633 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh please, the power outage was planned? For what reason?
Maybe that was part of it, maybe not. But the momentum sure changed. What was looking like a blow out in the first half, turned out to be a very tight game in the second half. Coincidence? Perhaps. But when you consider all the money and betting involved, it looks like a pretty suspicious one.

“reign in blood”

United States

#79634 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>radio guy's conspiracy theory is that vegas had a hand in that to cool off the ravens.
There ya go. Not so far-fetched now, is it?

Location hidden

#79635 Feb 4, 2013
I wasn't even thinking of the Mob's influence. I should have known better.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79636 Feb 4, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but today you seem to be speaking in terms of conspiracies and secret agendas.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79637 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Do you believe it?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79638 Feb 4, 2013
History and science meet. So cool that they were able to figure it out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-...

"The forensic dramas that have become so popular on our TV screens in recent years have whetted the publicís appetite for this particularly morbid line in detective work, but the discovery of the skeleton of Richard III beneath a Leicester car park trumps any work of fiction...

The University of Leicester, whose coup this is, used archeology, genealogical research, carbon dating and DNA-matching to conclude that the huddled skeleton with a twisted spine and severe head injuries is, beyond reasonable doubt, that of the last monarch of the House of York."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Yeah 1,278,824
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 20 min Red_Forman 6,448
abby 9-4-15 27 min mrs gladys kravitz 6
Word (Dec '08) 35 min Red_Forman 5,431
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 40 min LEGALIZE 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Rogue Scholar 05 197,184
ask amy 9-4-15 49 min mrs gladys kravitz 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages