PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79568 Feb 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it does. Maybe think about going somewhere...like Tahiti...with a bunch of girlfriends for a week or so. Just go do a bunch of fun stuff. And remember, what happens in Tahiti, stays in Tahiti.
Martinique. It's closer to her and its French as well.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79569 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So I just had a long conversation with Jasper. He is dating. Overall it was an emotional but necessary conversation that didn't end badly, but I feel like total crap. Maybe on some weird level this will give me permission to let myself move on. I'm hoping.
Rough for you. Sorry, but you are right, it was necessary.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79570 Feb 3, 2013
The columns for GroundHog Day where one keeps repeating the same thing over and over and no matter what one tries, you cannot change the outcome.(no, these are not re-hash)

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TE6HCDA00M...

Abby for Saturday 2-2-13

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TD9V74L4F6...

Amy for 2-2-13
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79571 Feb 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
I posted Amby for today (2-3). If someone wants to find Saturday's -- go for it.
I went for it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79572 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So I just had a long conversation with Jasper. He is dating. Overall it was an emotional but necessary conversation that didn't end badly, but I feel like total crap. Maybe on some weird level this will give me permission to let myself move on. I'm hoping.
Hang in there, the hurt won't last forever.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79573 Feb 3, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
They're talking about getting hitched summer of '14. Would be before their junior year.
Good for them! Congratulations!
Julie

Chicago, IL

#79574 Feb 3, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wheeelp, my SIL and her boyfriend came with some news this weekend--they're engaged.
Ummmmm, wow. Good luck to her. And to him...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79575 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I'm sorry it hurts so much.

Are you trying to stay friends with him? Is it making things easier really?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#79576 Feb 3, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Martinique. It's closer to her and its French as well.
True. Of course anywhere that has sun and I can get a drink with fresh fruit and an umbrella is ok by me.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79577 Feb 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>So how do you think your ILs will do over the next year and a half leading up to the wedding? You think they will be cool about it or will there be drama?
There will be drama, fo sho. Already not expecting SIL's dad to show. J will walk her down the aisle. My MIL was a hot mess for our ceremony, and that her kid then was 32--I know her "baby" will be worse.

My SIL is terrible at decision making; I don't think she has any clue that she's going to have to spearhead wedding plans. I definitely expect drama in that department.

United States

#79578 Feb 3, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry it hurts so much.

Are you trying to stay friends with him? Is it making things easier really?
Yes, we've been talking all along as friends. I don't know how things will be with this new development. I want to be friends in the long run but I might have to step back for a little while. I'll take it day by day.

West Palm Beach, FL

#79579 Feb 3, 2013
I can't sleep. This is worse than the day he moved away.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#79580 Feb 4, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79581 Feb 4, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Ugh. I know that feeling. Like a low-grade-gonna-puke feeling that lasts all frickin' day. For days.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79582 Feb 4, 2013
sorry, jmw. : (

Miami, FL

#79583 Feb 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. I know that feeling. Like a low-grade-gonna-puke feeling that lasts all frickin' day. For days.
Yep. That's it.

I keep trying to tell myself that I've already been through the hardest part and that this news doesn't actually change anything... both true statements, but I still feel sick thinking about him being with someone else.

I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop and it's a whole shoe rack. I seriously think I feel worse today than I did the first day he was gone.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79585 Feb 4, 2013
So I listened to a "War of the Roses" radio segment(wife thinks husband is cheating, they call and offer him free roses to send to whoever, then see if he sends to wife or someone else).

Wife said it would not be that bad if hsuband was cheating. She's really not in love with him anymore and really wants to end it. She's been not having sex with him for months. They ask, why she does not just tell him its over. She says that would make her the bad guy. SO he sends the flowers to someone else. Busted. But she's still nto happy, cause now she found out who it is. She feels that woman is ugle. So now she feels like she'll be a laughingstock because of who the husband is cheating with.

Miami, FL

#79586 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
So I listened to a "War of the Roses" radio segment(wife thinks husband is cheating, they call and offer him free roses to send to whoever, then see if he sends to wife or someone else).
Wife said it would not be that bad if hsuband was cheating. She's really not in love with him anymore and really wants to end it. She's been not having sex with him for months. They ask, why she does not just tell him its over. She says that would make her the bad guy. SO he sends the flowers to someone else. Busted. But she's still nto happy, cause now she found out who it is. She feels that woman is ugle. So now she feels like she'll be a laughingstock because of who the husband is cheating with.
Well, at least I'm not this fvcked up.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#79587 Feb 4, 2013
So we ended up actually watching the Super Bowl last night. Dickie didn't want to have to tell people at work that no, he didn't see that ad.

And while there was a break in the Puppy Bowl, the girls wandered in just in time for the end of Beyonce's halftime show. Lulu took one look at her and said "I soooo love her outfit." and proceeded to watch the rest of the booty shaking show.

<sigh> I really feel like I'm in for it in about 8 years...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79588 Feb 4, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I know there are people this screwed up but it still makes me say, "Huh?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min RealDave 1,126,700
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min Mandela 70,098
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min KiMare 50,621
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 2 hr shell 365
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Sgt Prepper 179,386
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 6 hr Just Saying 54,525
Perfect for Halloween 6 hr Harem 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]