“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79526 Feb 1, 2013
Congrats Squishy on giving blood! You are an everyday hero!
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#79527 Feb 1, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
PS, Jess... She's been in hospice care for about a week and a half now... she had a bad weeked with 2 unrelated trips to teh ER. at teh follow up appointmetn iwth her regular doc, he asked a bunch of questions that lead him to suggest that its time. "lucky" (?) for us, she agreed, so that's a weight off my mom's shoulders.
I just want to say she's an admirable and brave lady. Two years ago my mom, at 90 broke her arm and leg. After surgery, rehab she was back in the hospital and being in bad health and knowing she would be bedridden and tired of needles, etc. signed a DNR with a flourish. They threatened to put a feeding tube in her cause she wouldn't eat. She didn't even know that she could refuse more painful blood tests. That did it. She said I want to make this legal, I'll even put my middle name on this. Shortly thereafter she went to hospice and passed. I so admire her bravery in doing what she did.

It also makes it easier on family to know that it was her decision.
My best to you at this time.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79528 Feb 1, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Congrats Squishy on giving blood! You are an everyday hero!
Riding the train with clear sinuses when someone farts is only exceeded in heorim if it is cold and wet outside. Wet wool coats and farting passengers are the quint-essence of urban living.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79529 Feb 1, 2013
I just bought my first ever new computer. The one my husband handed down to me was a pig in a poke. I got estaimates on what it would cost to fx it and they were coming in at 3+ hours of tech time.
I bit the bullet and bought a Dell Inspirion ST with 4GB RAM and 500 GBhard drive storage, an MS Office suite and security program and a warranty and phone support.
And I brought it in at teh price point I set. Yay me!

The only downside is that it has Windows 8 and MS Office 2013 and I am used to 2007.

It was a system devised by humans for use by humans . I will figure it out.

I feel like a big kid

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79530 Feb 1, 2013
New wifi test

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#79531 Feb 1, 2013
PEllen wrote:
I just bought my first ever new computer. The one my husband handed down to me was a pig in a poke. I got estaimates on what it would cost to fx it and they were coming in at 3+ hours of tech time.
I bit the bullet and bought a Dell Inspirion ST with 4GB RAM and 500 GBhard drive storage, an MS Office suite and security program and a warranty and phone support.
And I brought it in at teh price point I set. Yay me!
The only downside is that it has Windows 8 and MS Office 2013 and I am used to 2007.
It was a system devised by humans for use by humans . I will figure it out.
I feel like a big kid
hooray for new toys!:-)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79532 Feb 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Aw, jmw. bittersweet, ain't it, noticing the random things along the way.
Yeah, and this was something I hadn't noticed or thought about AT ALL and suddenly, I want pasta like I'm on death row. Right now the craving overrides the wistfulness.
;)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79533 Feb 1, 2013
Wheeelp, my SIL and her boyfriend came with some news this weekend--they're engaged.

I'm pensively happy for them. Told them to take it s-l-o-w. The fun part for them will be breaking the news to my MIL tomorrow.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79534 Feb 2, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wheeelp, my SIL and her boyfriend came with some news this weekend--they're engaged.

I'm pensively happy for them. Told them to take it s-l-o-w. The fun part for them will be breaking the news to my MIL tomorrow.
What?! Um, how long have they been dating? Is he a freshman, too?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79535 Feb 2, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:

Oh wow. I will stay tuned for sure!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#79536 Feb 2, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Of course they're engaged. They want to have sex!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79537 Feb 2, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>What?! Um, how long have they been dating? Is he a freshman, too?
Yep. He's 19. I think they've been dating since October.

'Tis the culture of a lot of Christian universities. "Ring by Spring". Eek.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#79538 Feb 2, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I got engaged at the same point but it was in Champaign and it was 45 years ago.Married 2 years later,divorced 8 years after that. Hope she stays in school.

I am waiting fof the MIL report.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79539 Feb 2, 2013
They're taking her out to lunch to tell her right now. Full report later.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79540 Feb 2, 2013
So we recently had a iscussion about how soon is too soon to facebook friend a person you're dating.

This is a post from someone I went to HS with. Disclaimer: I was never FRIENDS with this dude. He sen me a FB request and I accepted, but we have not traded a single message.

Names and places have been Abbyized to protect the innocent.

Had the most awesome first date EVER with "Gertrude Higgins" not only did we look awesome together but "The Donkey Show" performance at "The Tijuana Center" was the most AMAZING show we had ever seen. And yes you all I like "Gertrude" ALOT!!! Check out the website for "The Donkey Show" and make sure you all go at least ONCE in you lives when it comes to you all check out show dates and places and more info at " donkeyshow.com "

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#79541 Feb 2, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
So we recently had a iscussion about how soon is too soon to facebook friend a person you're dating.

This is a post from someone I went to HS with. Disclaimer: I was never FRIENDS with this dude. He sen me a FB request and I accepted, but we have not traded a single message.

Had the most awesome first date EVER with "Gertrude Higgins" not only did we look awesome together but "The Donkey Show" performance at "The Tijuana Center" was the most AMAZING show we had ever seen. And yes you all I like "Gertrude" ALOT!!! Check out the website for "The Donkey Show" and make sure you all go at least ONCE in you lives when it comes to you all check out show dates and places and more info at " donkeyshow.com "
I didn't know you and edog were Facebook friends.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#79542 Feb 2, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:

Wow. And this guy is in his 40s? Not 15? Or mentally handicapped?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79543 Feb 2, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. And this guy is in his 40s? Not 15? Or mentally handicapped?
One post I read from this dude a while back was this drooling thank you to his girlfriend at the time for going with him to one of the twilight movies and going on and on about how awesome it was.

And actually, upon further review, I did not go to HS with him. We went to elementary school together. He went to a different HS.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#79544 Feb 2, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>One post I read from this dude a while back was this drooling thank you to his girlfriend at the time for going with him to one of the twilight movies and going on and on about how awesome it was.

And actually, upon further review, I did not go to HS with him. We went to elementary school together. He went to a different HS.
I am very surprised you have not unfriended him yet.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#79545 Feb 2, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>One post I read from this dude a while back was this drooling thank you to his girlfriend at the time for going with him to one of the twilight movies and going on and on about how awesome it was.
He probably noticed you liked the fan pages for Beverly Hills 90210 on facebook and Ethan Hawk and sought you out as a kindred spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,110,142
Amy 9-18 4 min edogxxx 10
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,476
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,652
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 25 min LieutenantGov 4,030
Abby 9-18 50 min Sublime1 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min Breams 178,041
Amy 9-16 12 hr Zap Brannigan 55
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE