Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#79555 Feb 3, 2013
I'll have it on for the commercials. I'll pay attention if the game gets interesting. I believe the 49ers will win, but I don't really care.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#79556 Feb 3, 2013
I would have had Rush out in round 1 or 2 nd Guns n Roses losing in the semi-finals to the Beatles, but the little engine that could is leading the final frame.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-v...

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#79557 Feb 3, 2013
So I just had a long conversation with Jasper. He is dating. Overall it was an emotional but necessary conversation that didn't end badly, but I feel like total crap. Maybe on some weird level this will give me permission to let myself move on. I'm hoping.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#79558 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
So I just had a long conversation with Jasper. He is dating. Overall it was an emotional but necessary conversation that didn't end badly, but I feel like total crap. Maybe on some weird level this will give me permission to let myself move on. I'm hoping.
Oh! Come here. I'm gonna hug you.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#79559 Feb 3, 2013
Go 9ers!

West Palm Beach, FL

#79561 Feb 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! Come here. I'm gonna hug you.
Thanks. It feels like breaking up all over again.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79562 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Interweb hugs.:-/

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#79563 Feb 3, 2013
My MIL did not wig out; she was fairly sane about the whole thing. Can't bitch too much, since she married J's dad at 18. They told SIL's dad and he was just kind of like "Oh."

They're talking about getting hitched summer of '14. Would be before their junior year.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79564 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Every new ounce of information, I'm sure, hurts. It's part of the process, I suppose. Still sux.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#79565 Feb 3, 2013
I posted Amby for today (2-3). If someone wants to find Saturday's -- go for it.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#79566 Feb 3, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
My MIL did not wig out; she was fairly sane about the whole thing. Can't bitch too much, since she married J's dad at 18. They told SIL's dad and he was just kind of like "Oh."
They're talking about getting hitched summer of '14. Would be before their junior year.
So how do you think your ILs will do over the next year and a half leading up to the wedding? You think they will be cool about it or will there be drama?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#79567 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. It feels like breaking up all over again.
I know it does. Maybe think about going somewhere...like Tahiti...with a bunch of girlfriends for a week or so. Just go do a bunch of fun stuff. And remember, what happens in Tahiti, stays in Tahiti.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79568 Feb 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it does. Maybe think about going somewhere...like Tahiti...with a bunch of girlfriends for a week or so. Just go do a bunch of fun stuff. And remember, what happens in Tahiti, stays in Tahiti.
Martinique. It's closer to her and its French as well.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79569 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Rough for you. Sorry, but you are right, it was necessary.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79570 Feb 3, 2013
The columns for GroundHog Day where one keeps repeating the same thing over and over and no matter what one tries, you cannot change the outcome.(no, these are not re-hash)

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TE6HCDA00M...

Abby for Saturday 2-2-13

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TD9V74L4F6...

Amy for 2-2-13
PEllen

Chicago, IL

#79571 Feb 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
I posted Amby for today (2-3). If someone wants to find Saturday's -- go for it.
I went for it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79572 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Hang in there, the hurt won't last forever.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#79573 Feb 3, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Good for them! Congratulations!
Julie

Chicago, IL

#79574 Feb 3, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Wheeelp, my SIL and her boyfriend came with some news this weekend--they're engaged.
Ummmmm, wow. Good luck to her. And to him...

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#79575 Feb 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I'm sorry it hurts so much.

Are you trying to stay friends with him? Is it making things easier really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ask amy 8-29-15 4 min mrs gladys kravitz 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,275,383
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Joe Balls 196,973
Ask Amy 8-30-15 41 min PEllen 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Red_Forman 6,409
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Earthling-1 54,503
Black lives matter 6 hr Pride in ones self 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages