|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Weekend plans, anyone?

Is it just me, or does starting the SB at 5:30 seem late? I think it should start around 2 or 3.
Tonight: going to see Silver Linings Playbook with A. I haven't talked to her all week but we made these plans via text this morning. I'm taking it as a sign that she's still single.

Tomorrow: no plans yet.

Sunday: watching the Super Bowl somewhere, with someone... undecided as of now.

Ang, it comes on at 6:30 for me! Even later!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Oh, I forgot. I have a baby shower tomorrow. Ugh.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

I'm going to try to leave early. I'll check wtih my boss soon when she's back from getting lunch. My mom is coming over tomorrow and I REALLY want to get a bunch of errands run and STILL have time/energy to clean tonight. Like, I haven't yet cleaned around/behind/under my huge claw foot bathtub. So... yeah. It wasn't the greatest when I moved in and it's kinda gross (I had to buy a special cleaning implement to do this).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Going to give blood now and crossing my fingers I don't pass out.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

I'm looking forward to meeting a friend after work for a few drinks and then Saturday going to a get-together with good friends that I have known for 35 years (yikes! I can't even BE that old, I swear!).

I have nothing planned for Sunday and I love having a day to do whatever I want -- including nothing if I so choose.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
PS, Jess... She's been in hospice care for about a week and a half now... she had a bad weeked with 2 unrelated trips to teh ER. at teh follow up appointmetn iwth her regular doc, he asked a bunch of questions that lead him to suggest that its time. "lucky" (?) for us, she agreed, so that's a weight off my mom's shoulders.
(((Hugs)))

Hospice care doesn't speed anything up, but it makes such a difference in how people approach her care and their interaction with the family. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

SIL and her boyfriend are coming in for the weekend tonight. They have been away for like, three whole weeks already. I'm less than thrilled. Bored on the weekend? Don't like the cafeteria food? GET JOBS ALREADY. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and they ain't been absent long enough fo dat.

So tonight, we're all going to see "Warm Bodies" and then I made plans for J and I tomorrow to go out with another couple for dinner. Super Bowl in some capacity on Sunday, obviously.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Weekend plans - tomorrow I am taking the boys to a bday party for one of their friends in the afternoon and I promised my Grandmother that I would visit her at some point.

Sunday I am going to the quarterly breakfast that the Mayor has for our section of the township, the wake from 2-4 and then home to watch the SuperBowl. Go Ravens (though I will be wearing a Jacksonville shirt, same as every year).

Tonight I am going to finish making calls to let people know that Jane died. I took a break this afternoon so that Evan and I could visit my maternal Grandmother and Aunt. B. we were looking through old photo albums. I'll be posting some of the pics on FB later.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
(((Hugs)))
Hospice care doesn't speed anything up, but it makes such a difference in how people approach her care and their interaction with the family. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
thanks. we know taht it may not change the timeline any, but that it will be easier and less disruptive for her. we're all ok with the decision, especially since she agreed to it and we don't have to "force" it on her.

the doctor asked specifically waht she watned to happen if she got pneumonia, go to teh hospital? she said no. the 2 visits as it was were too much upheaval for her to handle. plus she's so frail; she almost looks like a Holocaust (sp) survivor!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

weekend plans - work on a system conversion project at work tomorrow; very rare opportunity for OT. then, we're taking MIL and her husband to dinner for her b-day, and will have to explain a gazillion times the OT is a one-time thing.

Sunday - work on some sewing projects, dinner with my parents. despite asking early & often, no plans for hte game. I keep offering to hubby to have his friends over. he finally admitted that he's almost embarrassed to have people over to watch the game on our large-for-a-tube tv. <shrug> last spring, i had it out with him taht his excuse of "too much work" tio have people over is BS on his part; all he does is clean the bathroom! I was a little pissed that HE used that excuse; im' the one planning, shopping, cleaning the rest of hte house, cooking, and cleannig up... And *I'm* the one offering/pushing to have people over!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Those hospice nurses are amazing people.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Did not pass out!

But I did have a little problem when they pulled the needle out. I wouldn't stop bleeding. The tech said "Oh I see you're a giver!" and had to put an ice pack on my arm.

And then I ate some Oreo's. Yum.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

yay Squishy!!! I like that your tech had a sense of humor.:)2738

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

I am craving Italian food for dinner. I realized last night that I haven't had it in ages, and Jasper and I used to get it all the time.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
yay Squishy!!! I like that your tech had a sense of humor.:)2738
She was definitely one of the better ones I have encountered.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Well, my sausage aint italian, ever have irish sausage?
j_m_w wrote:
I am craving Italian food for dinner. I realized last night that I haven't had it in ages, and Jasper and I used to get it all the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Aw, jmw. bittersweet, ain't it, noticing the random things along the way.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

It is so f*cking cold out there that even with my scarf pulled up over my nose, it still feels like icicles are being shoved into my sinuses.
PEllen

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks. we know taht it may not change the timeline any, but that it will be easier and less disruptive for her. we're all ok with the decision, especially since she agreed to it and we don't have to "force" it on her.
the doctor asked specifically waht she watned to happen if she got pneumonia, go to teh hospital? she said no. the 2 visits as it was were too much upheaval for her to handle. plus she's so frail; she almost looks like a Holocaust (sp) survivor!
I am sorry about your grandmother. Your family has had a roller coaster this past year or so.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Great. Now someone farted on the train.

My poor sinuses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago